EM TuningAH Fabrications
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By leydster

Thread: New A3 Ordered!!

Neutral

Status

New A3 Ordered!!

This is my first post and i found the site just googling some questions i had about new car.

On Monday i ordered my new A3 S Line 1.6TDI with comfort pack and advanced key in daytona grey. As of yet still no delivery date but roughly April they are saying. Cant wait!!!

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    Congratulations!

You better stay away from the forum between now and when your order is locked at the factory as we'll all be suggesting things you could add to your order!

I'll start - how about hold assist and the tyre pressure monitor? V cheap options and give safety and comfort.

Also, did you state you wanted the spare wheel? (If you did?) it's a no cost option I think now rather than being standard.

S Line spec is a great starting point.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Watch some reviews on YouTube. Most say that the standard suspension is best the option. Unless you drive short journeys on really good roads. Or want really firm suspension with 18 inch low profile tyres.

Neutral

Status
    I couldn't find too much on YouTube other than a few short reviews. I think this is going to be a very long wait.

Neutral

Status
    Also I noticed on my order form it said something about no cables chosen but I've seen a few posts on here saying I should be getting either a blue or red cable? Can any of you advise?

Status
    That's a quick delivery date; my dealer was quoting 6 months on A3
    Audi S3 Panther Black [2011] Build Thread
    Mods: Revo Stg2, Blueflame TBE, Eibach Pro springs, R8 oil cap

On order: Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition, Phantom Black [Due 26 May 2014]

Planned Mods: Revo Stg1+ with DSG map, Revo CAI, custom exhaust, H&R Trax spacers, EM Tuning LED interior lights, R8 oil cap, Porsche coolant & brake fluid cap

Neutral

Status
    I work for Toyota and I'm spoiled in the sense that if I order cars for customers I can usually get one 1-2 weeks.
    warren_S3 likes this.

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by leydster View Post
    Also I noticed on my order form it said something about no cables chosen but I've seen a few posts on here saying I should be getting either a blue or red cable? Can any of you advise?
    It depends on what you are wanting to use with it. The red cable is needed to support album artwork and is compatible with most of the newer iPods etc.

The blue cable will work with older iPods although you won't get the album art.

I think you would get the blue as standard with the car if you didn't specify any preference.
    Audi A3 Sportback 8V 1.6 TDI S-Line S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Electric Heated/Folding Mirrors, Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, SD Satellite Navigation, DAB Radio, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Autoglym Lifeshine

Neutral

Status
    I was a raging capture for the salesman cause I just said yeh I'll take it. Should have spent a bit more time I think lol either way it's a nice car and I've driven a few before so shouldn't be an issue. Am I right in saying the standard mmi system can play video aswell or is it only if you go for the upgraded system?

Neutral

Status
    Wee update. Emailed salesman and he says nearer time I've to ask him and he will sort cable for me :-)

5th Gear

Status
    I got mine to throw in a set of rubber mats for the winter too
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Asked for them but he just said he couldn't but would get me best price. Got just shy of £2000 discount in the car though so it all balances out

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I got mine to throw in a set of rubber mats for the winter too
    Me too. Got the rubber mats and both the red and blue MMI cables thrown in. :-)
    Audi A3 Sportback 8V 1.6 TDI S-Line S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Electric Heated/Folding Mirrors, Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, SD Satellite Navigation, DAB Radio, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Autoglym Lifeshine