Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
    181 BHP

Status

a3 Specification?

Still trying to sort out the specification of the car. Questions:.
    -, Pan Sunroof, is it really worth the money? Yes it does make interior lighter, any views from owners with the option fitted. Last sun roof I had was on my Ford Orion, then a Sierra.
    As I will only be doing 10k or less a year, will opt for the fixed service once a year, which is what dealer will recommend. is the 3yr service plan a good option? Obviously not if I opt for the variable servicing.
    Will be opting for the 2lt 184ps engine Quattro or non Quattro with 6 speed manual?

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    I just commented in a recent thread about the sunroof. It's big so does make the interior a lot lighter but looks ugly when open. Haven't had the chance to have it open properly while driving though.
    If you are going for the TDi 184 I strongly recommend the S-tronic Quattro. In all this recent weather it has been very reassuring with its endless grip. It's personal opinion regarding manual or auto but I can vouch for that engine plus auto being an excellent combo.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

1st Gear

Status
    You loose a lot of boot space with the quattro
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andywil13 View Post
    You loose a lot of boot space with the quattro
    I noticed that, one of my concerns but I like the dive of the Quattro.

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    I just commented in a recent thread about the sunroof. It's big so does make the interior a lot lighter but looks ugly when open. Haven't had the chance to have it open properly while driving though.
    If you are going for the TDi 184 I strongly recommend the S-tronic Quattro. In all this recent weather it has been very reassuring with its endless grip. It's personal opinion regarding manual or auto but I can vouch for that engine plus auto being an excellent combo.
    Thanks a lot of cash for a glass window if one can get no use out of it with this British weather. But Like the extra light it brings in.

181 BHP

Status
    Snakehips, have you got any pictures on this forum of your roof, I'm thinking of either Daytona Grey or the bright red metalic. Wanted to see how it blended in or not as the case.

1st Gear

Status
    With regards to servicing, would it need to be done as often as once a year. Can't speak for diesels but i know the service interval on mine is recommended at about 18 months (18,000 miles).
    I'm sure a few people will probably comment on the need for a diesel if you're doing less than 10k/year.
    Have you looked at the 1.8TFSI?
    A3 S-Line 1.4 TFSI COD Manual in Glacier White with Comfort Pack including Park Plus, S-Line Sports Suspension and SD Card Based Sat Nav.

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Psyman79 View Post
    With regards to servicing, would it need to be done as often as once a year. Can't speak for diesels but i know the service interval on mine is recommended at about 18 months (18,000 miles).
    I'm sure a few people will probably comment on the need for a diesel if you're doing less than 10k/year.
    Have you looked at the 1.8TFSI?
    Yes, but don't know if I could live with the consumption figures. Last 4 cars all been diesels. Am use to 48+mpg combined.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andy203 View Post
    Snakehips, have you got any pictures on this forum of your roof, I'm thinking of either Daytona Grey or the bright red metalic. Wanted to see how it blended in or not as the case.
    I don't but I'll bet there are some in the photos thread, in both the colours you mention. FWIW it seems to blend well with any colour.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm going for the diesel 184 quattro and I only do 8k pa. Got a very thirsty Golf V6 at the moment and I'm fed up always being in the petrol station! 1.8 TFSI quattro would b no better. Plus the amazing torque of the 184... Just a shame they don't do a manual quattro...

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PembsA3 View Post
    I'm going for the diesel 184 quattro and I only do 8k pa. Got a very thirsty Golf V6 at the moment and I'm fed up always being in the petrol station! 1.8 TFSI quattro would b no better. Plus the amazing torque of the 184... Just a shame they don't do a manual quattro...
    I Agree -