a3 Specification?

andy203

Q5 Black Edition
Reaction score
Still trying to sort out the specification of the car. Questions:.
-, Pan Sunroof, is it really worth the money? Yes it does make interior lighter, any views from owners with the option fitted. Last sun roof I had was on my Ford Orion, then a Sierra.
As I will only be doing 10k or less a year, will opt for the fixed service once a year, which is what dealer will recommend. is the 3yr service plan a good option? Obviously not if I opt for the variable servicing.
Will be opting for the 2lt 184ps engine Quattro or non Quattro with 6 speed manual?

I just commented in a recent thread about the sunroof. It's big so does make the interior a lot lighter but looks ugly when open. Haven't had the chance to have it open properly while driving though.
If you are going for the TDi 184 I strongly recommend the S-tronic Quattro. In all this recent weather it has been very reassuring with its endless grip. It's personal opinion regarding manual or auto but I can vouch for that engine plus auto being an excellent combo.

You loose a lot of boot space with the quattro

I just commented in a recent thread about the sunroof. It's big so does make the interior a lot lighter but looks ugly when open. Haven't had the chance to have it open properly while driving though.
If you are going for the TDi 184 I strongly recommend the S-tronic Quattro. In all this recent weather it has been very reassuring with its endless grip. It's personal opinion regarding manual or auto but I can vouch for that engine plus auto being an excellent combo.
Thanks a lot of cash for a glass window if one can get no use out of it with this British weather. But Like the extra light it brings in.

Snakehips, have you got any pictures on this forum of your roof, I'm thinking of either Daytona Grey or the bright red metalic. Wanted to see how it blended in or not as the case.

With regards to servicing, would it need to be done as often as once a year. Can't speak for diesels but i know the service interval on mine is recommended at about 18 months (18,000 miles).
I'm sure a few people will probably comment on the need for a diesel if you're doing less than 10k/year.
Have you looked at the 1.8TFSI?

With regards to servicing, would it need to be done as often as once a year. Can't speak for diesels but i know the service interval on mine is recommended at about 18 months (18,000 miles).
I'm sure a few people will probably comment on the need for a diesel if you're doing less than 10k/year.
Have you looked at the 1.8TFSI?
Yes, but don't know if I could live with the consumption figures. Last 4 cars all been diesels. Am use to 48+mpg combined.

Snakehips, have you got any pictures on this forum of your roof, I'm thinking of either Daytona Grey or the bright red metalic. Wanted to see how it blended in or not as the case.

I don't but I'll bet there are some in the photos thread, in both the colours you mention. FWIW it seems to blend well with any colour.

I'm going for the diesel 184 quattro and I only do 8k pa. Got a very thirsty Golf V6 at the moment and I'm fed up always being in the petrol station! 1.8 TFSI quattro would b no better. Plus the amazing torque of the 184... Just a shame they don't do a manual quattro...

I'm going for the diesel 184 quattro and I only do 8k pa. Got a very thirsty Golf V6 at the moment and I'm fed up always being in the petrol station! 1.8 TFSI quattro would b no better. Plus the amazing torque of the 184... Just a shame they don't do a manual quattro...
I Agree -