Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By ABYSS
  • 1 Post By JohnnyM100
  • 1 Post By RAPS3

Thread: A3 Saloon boot size...

Andrew - Diesel Tuning UK

Status

A3 Saloon boot size...

i was speaking to Tristan at Kings Lynn about the boot size of an A3/S3 Saloon and jokingly suggested that he should jump in the boot...

Half an hour later i received this via email

This is why i rate them so highly as they're down to earth and just a great bunch of guys
    Last edited by ABYSS; 30th January 2014 at 15:58.

Discounted DTUK Diesel Tuning Systems for all Audi-Sport Members - CLICK HERE FOR MORE DETAILS

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    I think there is a third person in there making them both grin... lol
    '02 TDi 130 Sport: Mods to date: BXP 160 conversion, EGR delete, Decat, Helix SMF fast road clutch, 312mm front rotors, full DIS , CC, Xenons.
    VCDS fully registered and happy to help.
    *Need a Spare Key or Remote? SKC retrieval? Clock/ECU swap or milage correction? I am fully insured to work on your vehicle! Offering a good deal and quality service to ASN members Nationwide!*

2nd Gear

Status

A3 Saloon boost size...

Guess it was a quiet day in the showroom but really refreshing to see human dealers with a sense of humour vs the many who.....erm....aren't

John.
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    Tristan is one of the guys who I have been dealing with at Kings Lynn Audi - and who I actually placed my order with- he's been a pleasure to deal with and not a Audi Dealer D'ck like you normally get!
    f1nny likes this.
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

2nd Gear

Status
    Does anyone know how Quattro effects the size of the boot in the saloon? Is it reduced as much as in the hatchback?

Neutral

Status
    They seem very happy in there!!!!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Does anyone know how Quattro effects the size of the boot in the saloon? Is it reduced as much as in the hatchback?
    Its 425 litres in the A3 Saloon and 390 litres in the S3. The figures are in the brochure http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...-s3-saloon.pdf
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPS3 View Post
    Tristan is one of the guys who I have been dealing with at Kings Lynn Audi - and who I actually placed my order with- he's been a pleasure to deal with and not a Audi Dealer D'ck like you normally get!
    I have to second this, well third after the op. I've had the great pleasure of dealing with Tristan myself when I ordered and collected my A3 last year. King's Lynn Audi really is a credit to Audi UK, unlike some of the other dealerships that get mentioned on here.
    Previous Car - Audi A3 (8P) S-Line SB 2.0 TFSI
    Previous Car - Audi A1 S-Line 1.2 TFSI /Xenon Light Pack / 18" 7 Twin Spoke Alloys / Cruise Control.
    Current Car - Audi A3 (8V) S-Line 1.2 TFSI / Glacier White / S-Line Suspension / Interior Light Pack / De-Badged /
    5 Year Warranty
    / Ordered 2nd July 13 / Build Week 36 / Picked Up 20th Sep 13

I visited Kings Lynn Audi today and had a meeting with Tristan and a long dive in a 2.0TDI-184 S-Line s-tronic quattro. He came across as a very nice guy who knew what he was talking about. He was telling me about the photo and that it now seems to be all over various forums. Kings Lynn Audi certainly came across as one of the best dealers I have visited recently. It's a shame the drive there and back was so horrible because of the number of lorries on single carriageway roads and the awful weather.

Still I now have some excellent offers and some PCP examples from Tristan which I need to have a close look at. Not sure yet if I will purchase using a PCP or cash.

It also allowed me to try out the in-built navigation system in an 8V. None of the other demonstrators I have driven have had it fitted. I took an SD card with some of my own music loaded to try out on the standard Audi music setup. It also confirmed my dislike on several of the standard options on the S-Line. But the 184 engine and the quattro drive were great especially on some of the Norfolk country lanes.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Its 425 litres in the A3 Saloon and 390 litres in the S3. The figures are in the brochure http://www.audi.co.uk/content/dam/au...-s3-saloon.pdf
    Thank you.

Just had a look at the boot capacity for the Sportback - 380L vs 340L with Quattro. Will have to get a look at a saloon boot fitted with Quattro. Can't find a photo of the S3 boot online.