• 1 Post By cuke2u
  • 1 Post By cuke2u
  • 1 Post By cuke2u
  • 1 Post By PilotAudi

Thread: Mud Flaps for 2012 s line A3

Reverse Gear

Status

Mud Flaps for 2012 s line A3

Hi does anyone know if you can get a set of mud flaps for an A3 s line from an Audi dealership. Glasgow Area

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    I've always wondered what the idea of these are. They are always listed as an accessory item, so why not standard or option on a new car if of any use? Just wondering
    Audi A3 Sportback S line 1.8 TFSI S tronic - Scuba Blue
    Technology package - High with Audi Connect/Interior lighting package/Driver assistance package/Light and rain sensor package/Adaptive Xenon Plus headlights with variable range control/Advanced key/Aluminum roof rails/Audi pre sense/Auto-dimming rear-view mirror/Bang & Olufsen/Door mirrors-dimming, electrically adjustable,folding and heated/Heated seats/Audi side assist/Audi active lane assist/Rear side airbags/Tyre pressure loss indicator

Reverse Gear

Status
    I like them on my cars , they protect the underside of the vehicle.
    I agree you should get the option of them on new cars.
    I just got my car yesterday and have read a few posts saying you cannot get a genuine Audi set

6th Gear

Status
    Audi do not make mudflaps for the S-Line because it has the sill covers. It's very much the same for all manufacturers who have the these covers fitted.
    dieseldoug likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Audi do not make mudflaps for the S-Line because it has the sill covers. It's very much the same for all manufacturers who have the these covers fitted.
    Spot on..........
    Steeve

6th Gear

Status
    Plus the fact that most manufacturers do not expect a car with a body kit have actually require mudflaps...
    dieseldoug likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Cuke?? I don't understand why you say that?
    I have an S Line and I'd love mudflaps! Where I live the roads are always covered in mud and it would help a lot.
    A3 S Line 1.8 TFSI Quattro S Tronic
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

Short Back

Status
    thought I saw an "accessories" tab in the configurator for the New A3 the other day, where you can order the little extras with your new car, no?
    2009 A3 SB 2.0T DSG S line
    ''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''

1st Gear

Status
    Yeh but not mud flaps for S Lines
    Although I'd like to be stood corrected
    Brilliant Red, Acoustic parking, Adaptive/Xenons plus, Advanced Key, B&O, Comfort pack, Door mirrors, Interior light pack, Privacy Glass, S Line sports suspension, Tyre Pressure Monitor, SD SatNav
    Happy days

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyboyp View Post
    Cuke?? I don't understand why you say that?
    I have an S Line and I'd love mudflaps! Where I live the roads are always covered in mud and it would help a lot.
    Mudflaps and a sport's bodykit aren't really the done thing....
    Adriansev likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    As I have said in a previous thread about this, I had an A3 8P S-Line Quattro and according to Audi they didn't make mud flaps for the S-Line, however I fitted the standard ones with no problems at all and they fitted perfectly!! So the standard ones for the 8V might and i say might be worth a try!!
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Mudflaps and a sport's bodykit aren't really the done thing....
    Rally cars??
    Happy days

6th Gear

Status
    Thats not what I meant is it?
    Richyboyp likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    As I have said in a previous thread about this, I had an A3 8P S-Line Quattro and according to Audi they didn't make mud flaps for the S-Line, however I fitted the standard ones with no problems at all and they fitted perfectly!! So the standard ones for the 8V might and i say might be worth a try!!
    Hopefully someone will...
    Andy1608 likes this.

181 BHP

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by J6YAK View Post
    Has anyone tried to see if the current 8V mud flaps will fit an S Line? Or has anybody fitted some other non Audi mud Flaps?

Banned

Status
    I bought my wife some mud flaps as a birthday gift for her new Black Golf Gti (Red I) in 2000..

After all the aggro I decided never to give romantic gifts again. Just give her a Halfords catalogue and she can choose her own ;-)

Seriously I don't think they look that great on cars these days and given the protection don't bother on the S3.
    h5djr likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Richyboyp View Post
    Yeh but not mud flaps for S Lines
    Although I'd like to be stood corrected
    I've ordered an s-line and opted for mudflaps, didn't seem to be an issue. Will let you know how they turn out!
    Ordered: A3 Sportback 2.0Tdi S-Line Scuba Blue SD Sat Nav, rear parking sensors, blue mats, aluminium roof bars, mono.pur, audi sound system, folding mirrors

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by andy203 View Post
    Has anyone tried to see if the current 8V mud flaps will fit an S Line? Or has anybody fitted some other non Audi mud Flaps?
    Just want to make anyone considering fitting mud flaps aware - I went to fit mud flaps to the A3 SE my wife has. The genuine Audi mud flaps bought from the dealer, didn't look quite right at the rear. So I took photos and contacted the dealer. We were supplied rear mud flaps for a 3 door car. The 5 door versions are different, for the rear.

Note: fitting mud flaps involves drilling into the car. Not for the faint hearted.

A few years ago, a photo of the road we live on was in the local paper, discussing how much mud was on it. One time I asked my wife to please tell me which stage of the Circuit of Ireland Rally she had just been on? As I was just about to wash her car it looked like she had been driving through a field. If you meet a lorry/tractor on our roads the left tyres usually have to go on the muddy verge. So regardless of how they look we need mud flaps to help protect our cars and keep them a little bit cleaner. And I still had to buy a pressure washer to remove the mud and cow crap off our cars before washing.
    Last edited by Daz Auto; 20th April 2014 at 07:05.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danielmeaton View Post
    I've ordered an s-line and opted for mudflaps, didn't seem to be an issue. Will let you know how they turn out!
    The mud flaps cost around £82. How much are they charging to fit them? Our dealer was looking £170 fitted. Though I can see now that it is more complicated than I thought it would be from looking at other cars.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Dealer won't fit mud flaps to s-line as they say they don't fit, they will but only with modification to the shape. You do have to drill some holes but only into plastic wheel arch liners not into metal of bodywork. See my other post for pictures.
    A3 1.4 cod sportback s-line stronic, glacier white,pan roof, int light package, comfort package & front sensors, hill hold, tyre sensors, folding mirrors, sd card sat nav, privacy glass, delete model & tech, comfort suspension, 10 spoke titanium alloys