Audi S3 Sedan - Sepang blue

pepperisback

Reaction score
I wanted to order my new Audi S3 sedan in sepang blue. Unfortunately my dealer here in germany told me, that sepang blue will not be available until sommer 2014 since in Hungary they have problems with the sepang blue painting for the car. So I have to order a different color. Is someone here who can confirm this?

I also called the Audi service hotline and they told me that the color will be available in the first quarter 2014 ?!?

Does someone has any information about that or has ordered sepang blue?

Thank you in advance!

Sorry I've no idea what the story is with Sepang (used to be my favourite colour) but might I suggest Racing Blue Mica which since I saw it in the flesh a couple of weeks ago is now my ultimate blue, it truly is amazing!!

Good luck with your choice!

I have not heard of this but it must be an issue with the factory in Hungary as my A3 has Sepang, but it was manufactured end August and in Ingolstadt.

Agree with J6YAK that mica racing blue is worth a look also.

John.

I discussed Sepang with the dealer here in the UK as an option for my S3. I got quoted £2500 to have it. So, there you go. I of course told him where he can shove that price. If memory serves it was £500 on the last S3 model... leaky runts the lot of 'em.

I discussed Sepang with the dealer here in the UK as an option for my S3. I got quoted £2500 to have it. So, there you go. I of course told him where he can shove that price. If memory serves it was £500 on the last S3 model... leaky runts the lot of 'em.

That's because it is currently an 'Exclusive' colour, meaning anything they currently have in 'the paint stores' but for this -- £2500 !

I tried to get an 80 Sport in 1990 in the metallic white pearl that you could get at the time -- my correspondence went all the way to Ingolstadt-- who told me they were happy to do it - but Audi UK wouldn't accept the order ...........
I ended up with Alpine white !!

Oops, wrong post and carefully removes foot from mouth...

Last edited:
I do know that down here in Oz, Estoril Blue is being discontinued and replaced with Sepang Blue on all orders going forward. They're built in the same plant in Hungary, so I don't see why you can't get it.

Audi does offer the option of custom paint finishes. Are those not done at the same plant? Or are they taken elsewhere? If so, I see no reason why you can't choose it.

I wanted to order my new Audi S3 sedan in sepang blue. Unfortunately my dealer here in germany told me, that sepang blue will not be available until sommer 2014 since in Hungary they have problems with the sepang blue painting for the car. So I have to order a different color. Is someone here who can confirm this?

I also called the Audi service hotline and they told me that the color will be available in the first quarter 2014 ?!?

Thank you in advance!

Go to a different dealer. Sounds like they are trying to sell you existing stock.

Thank you in advance!

I rang Audi UK late last night.
They have had a notification on their system stating there are now no exclusive colours for the Audi S3 saloon until further notice.
Better get back to the brochure:think:

Looks like they have a problem at the factory in Gyor Hungary. Seems limited to the A3 saloon model which are all built in Hungary?

Steve

I ordered my Sepang Blue S3 Sedan last december (15.12.2013) and they (from Germany)told that it will be painted in week 8. Only thing is that there are no parts to built S3 saloons .. there are no quattros, no some parts .. that why it delay. Sepang colour is normal price to me like misano.

I do know that down here in Oz, Estoril Blue is being discontinued and replaced with Sepang Blue on all orders going forward. They're built in the same plant in Hungary, so I don't see why you can't get it.

Audi does offer the option of custom paint finishes. Are those not done at the same plant? Or are they taken elsewhere? If so, I see no reason why you can't choose it.

Con is this confirmed? Sepang will be replacing Estoril for the Australian market? Where did you read that? If that's the case I should be getting a big discount on my car.

I've got a Sepang Blue S3 Sedan on order and I've been given a build week 10 yesterday.

I don't know if it's official official. It was actually someone from the OzAudi forum who said it. I believe he's a salesman from a dealer (bluesir):

"We will be getting Sepang blue instead. I don't really know the reason behind it. From my understanding in Europe Estoril Blue is an Audi Exclusive colour Which cost a lot more than what customer being charged here. So every time when a customer order the car in Estoril blue. Audi Australia has been charged as an exclusive colour. So they have to pay the difference to Audi AG.."

I'd say speak to your dealer further!

Reactions: OZAudi84
Con is this confirmed? Sepang will be replacing Estoril for the Australian market? Where did you read that? If that's the case I should be getting a big discount on my car.

I've got a Sepang Blue S3 Sedan on order and I've been given a build week 10 yesterday.

Sepang Blue is currently an Audi Exclusive colour on MY14 spec S3 builds, once they switch over to MY15 spec S3 builds, Sepang Blue will be a standard choice, so since your car is a week 10 build, I doubt they will be changing the price.

My dealer here in germany told me that sepang is available by the end of april... Therefore I cannot order the car now :(

My dealer here in germany told me that sepang is available by the end of april... Therefore I cannot order the car now :(

Strange that you can't order one now, for us in Australia, Sepang Blue isn't free until July build (MY15 spec), but you can place order, but won't get a build day until closer to July, I know, as we placed an order last week, now just the long wait.

My dealer said that he will check if I can place my order earlier... I love this colour so much :)

My dealer said that he will check if I can place my order earlier... I love this colour so much :)

Same here, saw the S3 sedan they showed off at the 2013 Shanghai motorshow and 2014 Detroit Motorshow, and Sepang Blue was the colour for us, but it was going to be an extra $4000 AUD, was close to signing the order, but then rumours came out Estoril Blue was being deleted, but no replacement was announced, but after a few weeks wait, it was official that Sepang Blue was the replacement, and sure enough, Audi dealers here can see that on their computer system.

Reactions: PilotAudi

Thank you in advance!

Pepper, what did you end up ordering then? Do you have any new information from your German dealer on Sepang Blue and when it will be available?

Here in Australia a lot of guys have had Sepang Blue on order since January and none of us have received a build date yet. Lots of frustration and anger is building up.

My dealer rang to me last wednesday and I got information that my car is going to build in week 20, so I get it before july (Sepang Blue).

Pepper, what did you end up ordering then? Do you have any new information from your German dealer on Sepang Blue and when it will be available?

Here in Australia a lot of guys have had Sepang Blue on order since January and none of us have received a build date yet. Lots of frustration and anger is building up.

Sepang Blue sedans are already in production. My car was built last week and will arrive hopefully next week. I was in the factory in Hungary and saw a lot of Sepang Blue cars, and discussed it with the guys there: production of these cars begun in week 14 and they are trying to catch up asap. One personal comment: it's worth waiting for, the color looks absolutely stunning.

Has anyone in the UK confirmed that sepang will be a standard colour (£525) and when this can be ordered from? Oz & USA can get now it seems. s3 saloon is current option - depending on avail colour and extras.

God, if I can get Sepang standard I'm calling and changing my order. Currently panther black.... has anyone had any luck with that kind of cross MY change?

Here in germany you can order the S3 sedan in Sepang blue since beginning of march. You can order it as a standard color for 600€. Some people here in germany were able to order the car a little bit earlier than march, but I have no idea how they have done that, because my dealer said to me I can only order the car with sepang when it is available in the configurator.

Nevertheless the people which could order the car earlier will receive their car in the next 2 or 3 weeks. My dealer told me last week that I will get my car in July :)

Thanks for the information everyone!

If the colour is in production, I'm not sure why Audi is sitting on a stack of Sepang Blue orders for Australia then. :aggressive:

I'm so close to jumping ship now.

Sepang Blue sedans are already in production. My car was built last week and will arrive hopefully next week. I was in the factory in Hungary and saw a lot of Sepang Blue cars, and discussed it with the guys there: production of these cars begun in week 14 and they are trying to catch up asap. One personal comment: it's worth waiting for, the color looks absolutely stunning.

Please please please post a boatload of photos!

Here in germany you can order the S3 sedan in Sepang blue since beginning of march. You can order it as a standard color for 600€. Some people here in germany were able to order the car a little bit earlier than march, but I have no idea how they have done that, because my dealer said to me I can only order the car with sepang when it is available in the configurator.

Nevertheless the people which could order the car earlier will receive their car in the next 2 or 3 weeks. My dealer told me last week that I will get my car in July :)

Have you come across many Sepang photos on German forums Pepper?

Unfortunately not... The only pictures under real light you can find from a sepang s3 sedan are on the fourtitude website... As I said the first sepang s3s will be delivered in 2-3 weeks...

If you want you can search for the biggest German forum motortalk... Use google chrome and google translater :) There you will get the best information about the S3 sedan in sepang ;)

I did as you suggested Pepper, and found this :w00t:

s3-limo-675775410373131854.jpg

But that's it. :sadlike:

Unfortunately Audi removed the sepang color from the online configurator here in germany. Does someone has any information about that?

What the hell. I just checked out the German configurator and you are absolutely right. However they've just announced Sepang blue as a standard MY15 colour in the UK. Maybe the colour is so popular they have to take it in turns offering it in different markets?

Maybe a German dealer would be able to give you more information.

Interesting OzAudi, those pics is of an S3 Sedan in the US (looking at the number plate)?

As I didn't think the S3 Sedan has been released yet there, from online articles, it more like end of this year early next before it's available. And it's not the same car in the Fourtitude photos as there is a grey plate on the front grill and none on the other one.

God, if I can get Sepang standard I'm calling and changing my order. Currently panther black.... has anyone had any luck with that kind of cross MY change?

Depending what your build week is (if you have one) you can now change your order to spec sepang blue (£525).
Have a look in the thread titled MY15........

SockToy, I've just changed my order from Phantom Black to Sepang Blue, I'm build week 28. S3 sportback.

Here is something to think, it is from Audi:
Es ist tatsächlich so zum MJ2015 wird Sepangblau nicht mehr verfügbar sein (offizielle Audi Aussage).

Zitat:

Dies ist dem Modelljahreswechsel geschuldet, dass bedeutet, dass die Außenfarbe Sepangblau Perleffekt (Bestellschlüssel E9E9) für das Modell S3 und S3 Sportback bestellbar ist. Für die S3 Limousine bleibt die Farbe Scubablau bestehen.

Dann gab es die Farbe immerhin einen Monat lang zu bestellen (seit Mitte März bis Ende April)

Translate:
It is indeed so for MJ2015 Sepang is no longer available (official Audi statement).

quote:

This is due to the model year, that means that the exterior color Sepang Blue pearl effect (Order code E9E9) is available for purchase for the model S3 and S3 Sportback. For the S3 sedan the color aqua blue remains.

Then there was the color anyway to order a month (since mid-March to late April)