Volks AutosEM Tuning
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr
  • 1 Post By Itguy

Thread: A rather strange sitting

A rather strange sitting

Whilst I was out driving today I saw coming the other way, a car transporter loaded with 3-door A3s. Not that unusual except that they were all Red. I thought was perhaps the Royal Mail was going up in the world!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    That driving training company I bet, BSM is it?

5th Gear

Status
    Bill plant uses a3s
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

5th Gear

Status
    *sighting ?

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Bill plant uses a3s
    Good shout.....but I really think this is a bad car to learn to drive in as we all know the A3 pretty much drives itself, so it might get you through your test easier/earlier but does not give you the right type of leanring experience...IMHO
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

2nd Gear

Status
    The MMI has a 'driving school mode' in some markets that displays extra info.

What's the story with driving tests & stalling the car with stop/start? Should be easy fix now as car would restart itself.

Ditto for hill starts; either with standard Hill Hold or optional Hold Assist.

Well, easy until the driver gets in a car without them.....
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    Driving school mode!? What does that do?!?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Driving school mode!? What does that do?!?
    Probably stops the car doing more than 30 mph
    BGS likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    My wife is a driving instructor and she tells me that start/stop is fine to use on test and not marked as a stall. Hill assist (ie the standard one) is also ok but not hold assist (ie the infinite hold option).

Electric handbrake ok too (was changed a year or so ago).

Car is also allowed to have parking sensors front and rear and camera!!
    JohnnyM100 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    My wife is a driving instructor and she tells me that start/stop is fine to use on test and not marked as a stall. Hill assist (ie the standard one) is also ok but not hold assist (ie the infinite hold option).

Electric handbrake ok too (was changed a year or so ago).

Car is also allowed to have parking sensors front and rear and camera!!
    Thanks itguy. Was curious about start/stop & hold assist for learner drivers and could not see anything from a google search. Thanks for the info. Parking sensors allowed too!Man: all the hard stuff is being made easy.

Driving school mode just displays extra info in the MMI. AFAIK it's not like Drive Select or anything like that..

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

1st Gear

Status
    Mine could well be on there

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Whilst I was out driving today I saw coming the other way, a car transporter loaded with 3-door A3s. Not that unusual except that they were all Red. I thought was perhaps the Royal Mail was going up in the world!!
    Not as unusual as you think. My company offer junior managers either a 118d, A3 SE or a Golf GT as company car but only available in like two colours ! Think base red is one of the colours they offer!
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow