Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Like Tree38Likes

Thread: ESTORIL BLUE NEWS

5th Gear

Status
    Wow!

Thanks for posting !

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Interesting Suzuka Grey is being taken off many RS models.

2nd Gear

Status

ESTORIL BLUE NEWS

Sad news about Estoril. I know it has a strong following.

If the reason is "mineral availability" and relative cost, then it makes me wonder how indie bodyshops match the paint and how the matched paint ages over time.. They must be making the colour match using substitutes.

John.
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    The only slight pisser is that if they bring out Racing Blue Mica, or Sepang Blue, as an alternative at reasonable cost!

Racing Blue Mica is my favorite, and if that was available at £750 I would have had it instantly !!
    warren_S5, Scott and JohnnyM100 like this.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    The only slight pisser is that if they bring out Racing Blue Mica, or Sepang Blue, as an alternative at reasonable cost!

Racing Blue Mica is my favorite, and if that was available at £750 I would have had it instantly !!
    As a Sepang guy I am so with you on this!
    faisal_16 likes this.
    Enjoying my 8V

4th Gear

Status
    Damn this is bad news and potentially terrible news for some who's cars will miss the change over point.

Bad how they say all cars which have been ordered with estoril will be supplied as phantom black.

I am sure some orders will slip through the net and customers won't realise their estoril order will be black till it arrives ... cue lots of arguing !

Estoril was short lived then, so the few cars in existence are now collectors items
    Louay, warren_S5, Silky-S3 and 1 others like this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

4th Gear

Status
    Sepang will stay reserved for RS cars only as standard paint IMO or exclusive £ option only.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    Estoril discontinued on all models for MY15

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s...it?usp=sharing
    Good find! Dot suppose there was anything on spec additions/changes for MY15

1st Gear

Status
    I know this is a stupid question but when does my15 start?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ivicyrusivi View Post
    Good find! Dot suppose there was anything on spec additions/changes for MY15
    No, sorry. My dealer has been sending me this info. They are very good. I don't think the MY15 additions have been announced yet, but you will probably have access to them at the same time or even earlier than the dealerships via the online configurator or the brochure.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dylock View Post
    I know this is a stupid question but when does my15 start?
    week 22 which is the last week of May

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott View Post
    week 22 which is the last week of May
    Does anyone know if that is 100% confirmed for all markets? Ie if am given a week 22 build down here in AUS, then I'll get a MY15 as well?
    On order: Monsoon Grey 8V S3 Sportback - S-Tronic - Performance Pack - Sunroof - Assistance Pack - Mirror Pack

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dstama View Post
    Does anyone know if that is 100% confirmed for all markets? Ie if am given a week 22 build down here in AUS, then I'll get a MY15 as well?
    I would presume so

1st Gear

Status
    Hopefully my estoril s3 will be ok then, due late April. I really like estoril and I'm not over keen on any of the other colours

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have a confirmed build week of 18 with delivery mid May and confirmed still as estoril. Ordered though in October.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnmz View Post
    I have a confirmed build week of 18 with delivery mid May and confirmed still as estoril. Ordered though in October.
    I doubt your build week is confirmed yet, it's probably still provisional and could change (forwards or backwards). They are usually confirmed 3-4 weeks in advance, so you're looking at it being confirmed at the beginning of April IMO.

4th Gear

Status
    I thought the Audi statement said that any orders not amended by 31st Jan will be auto changed to phantom black, meaning no more estoril paint with immediate effect so unless your car is built estoril won't happen ... or did I miss something ?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Snake Pliskin View Post
    I thought the Audi statement said that any orders not amended by 31st Jan will be auto changed to phantom black, meaning no more estoril paint with immediate effect so unless your car is built estoril won't happen ... or did I miss something ?
    For the moment the Audi statement only covers the Saloon I believe.

4th Gear

Status
    Ah right.

Looks like it will apply to all vehicles "ordered" after the 7th February ...

https://docs.google....TGUw/edit?pli=1

1st Gear

Status
    The auto change to phantom black only applies to dealer cars, i.e. demo orders, stock orders. It doesn't apply to customer orders. They will be given the choice of what colour they want to switch to from the existing range.

1st Gear

Status
    Ah right.

Looks like it will apply to all vehicles "ordered" after the 7th February ...

https://docs.google....TGUw/edit?pli=1
    Link broken for me!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ConS3 View Post
    Link broken for me!
    https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B1s...it?usp=sharing

5th Gear

Status
    Looks like Sepang Blue is being offered as an alternative on the Saloon.

The 3dr and SB will probably follow suit?

Arrrgh. Sepang Blue as a reasonable cost option !!!!!!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Looks like Sepang Blue is being offered as an alternative on the Saloon.

The 3dr and SB will probably follow suit?

Arrrgh. Sepang Blue as a reasonable cost option !!!!!!
    Sods law isn't it! Is it too late????
    Audi S5 3.0V6T Coupe Black Edition

3rd Gear

Status
    It'll come too late for me, although I'll be happy with my Panther! Maybe I'll get Sepang on my S3 Saloon Plus when that comes out
    warren_S5 likes this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

5th Gear

Status
    Just been told by my dealer that the two 'new' colours on the forthcoming S1 in May are sepang blue and Vegas yellow.

I wonder if this means sepang is replacing Estoril on the s3 for my15?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

5th Gear

Status
    Here's a nice set of detailing photos showing off Sepang Blue on an R8

Audi R8 V10 "Sepang Blue" -Gleammachine - Detailing World

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Just been told by my dealer that the two 'new' colours on the forthcoming S1 in May are sepang blue and Vegas yellow.

I wonder if this means sepang is replacing Estoril on the s3 for my15?
    Down here in Australia, sepang blue is officially replacing estoril blue for MY15 builds. I guess around August or so.

5th Gear

Status
    Estoril Blue no longer on the UK Online Configurator

Neutral

Status
    Realistically are there likely to be any updates to the build spec on my2015 models? I have a build week currently of week 21. I'll be annoyed if it was built one week later and I could get more for my money!!!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacemads3 View Post
    Realistically are there likely to be any updates to the build spec on my2015 models? I have a build week currently of week 21. I'll be annoyed if it was built one week later and I could get more for my money!!!
    Not sure if anyone will be able to answer that question at this time, probably have to wait until May, but from what others are saying, week 22 is the start of MY15 cars anyway, so just delay by week and get week 22 build, surely the delivery won't too much later than what you would be getting now with a week 21 build date.

Only one thing for certain for an MY15 spec car is Sepang Blue is a colour you can pick!
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

Neutral

Status
    Damn it! I am build week 21 in May and I seemed to have been told by the dealer my Estoril Blue will be processed but if Sepang is available 1 week later I would be a bit cheesed off as the current colours seem a bit week in choice and Estoril or monsoon being the best available. Why isnt Daytona available on S3? when the S-line can have it!
    Last edited by Chimp; 18th February 2014 at 10:56.

1st Gear

Status
    On order S3 Sedan - S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, Performance Pack, Driver Assist Pack, Folding mirrors, Privacy glass and Tinted windows.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Longy View Post
    Sepang Blue looks great!
    I know. Love the colour but a little bit gutted that I paid ££ to get it when it's soon to be affordable.

That's progress I suppose but hey, am happy with what I have.

Sad to see Estoril go.
    Enjoying my 8V

5th Gear

Status
    I'll be changing my order if they can do Sepang !

I wanted either Sepang or Nogaro when I was speccing the car - but couldnt stomach the "exclusive" cost and added other options instead and went with Monsoon - but if its available I'll certainly have it
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

South East Events Moderator

Status

My Social Networking

Follow kwistof On Twitter Visit kwistof's Youtube Channel Visit kwistof's Instagram Channel
    Quote Originally Posted by RAPS3 View Post

I wanted either Sepang or Nogaro when I was speccing the car
    Great taste

Audi have revived the Nogaro blue....although it's on the 'wrong' model of car for you ;-)

Audi RS4 Nogaro special edition announced
    2000 S3 APY

18" BBS RSII with Michelin PS3s, 20mm H&R adapters, Relentless 3" DP and Sports cat, B5 V1 induction kit, cone filter+heat shield, Forge 007P, Awesome GTI SMF, AP coilovers, Facelift rear lights, Full Powerflex poly bush kit, R32 Rear ARB, SAI delete, N249 by-pass, Upgraded Engine mounts with Polytek, Stage 1 CC at Badger 5.

5th Gear

Status
    I'd have even had sprint blue again (as I had it on my previous S3) but there was no way I was paying £2.5k for what was a standard colour on the previous model !

I've just spoken to my dealer and mine is confirmed for build week 15 - delivery 1st or 2nd week of May - do I think the chances of change to a 'cheaper' Sepang are a no go. I'm sure I'll be happy with monsoon - just always prefer a nice blue !
    Paul R

S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep

Banned

Status
    I gather Sepang is only MY 2015 as an S3 colour.. seems harsh having to pay £2.5k given Estoril is being deleted. Worth appealing to Audi maybe?

Monsoon is a bit of a 'conservative' choice after Sprint isn't it?

5th Gear

Status
    You could say that. But I'm not a fan of the other optional colours. We have a white car now and I've never been able to get away with it, the missus doesn't like red, black is a pain to maintain, I don't think the s3 suits silver, I don't like estoril - so unless I was willing to pay £2.5k for Sepang or Sprint - so monsoon it was. Some pics that I've seen they look awesome in monsoon - other pics they look a bit dull.
    The only colour I've seen that I like in shade or full sun is sprint - but like I say I'm not paying £2.5k for the pleasure.
    Paul R

Banned

Status
    I understand the problem raps.. agree silver is not good but all down to taste.
    Personally I think it is a myth that Black is hard to maintain. Phantom Black pearlescent looks cracking when clean and not so bad when it's less so. As you can tell we love it as a colour and it really suits the A3 IMHO. Saw a few Monsoons and although it looks great it's a bit 'John Major' dull in many lights although apparently he was a little devil with Edwina (allegedly) so you might be OK ;-0

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast