The car after the one you have (or have on order)...

Joetidman

Reaction score
Another thread from me as I try to stave off insanity as I wait for my S3. Given (as my wife calls it) I'm a car obsessed day dreamer, I've already given thought to what I'll get after my S3. Actually the thought was started during the ordering process as my dealer suggested that after 2 years I might want to trade in early for a Black Edition version of the car (always thinking ahead these Audi dealers!). What with that and talk of an S3 Plus and an RS3 in the works as well as (dare I say it) a new 235i coupe and 1-series saloon due in 2016 there is a lot coming that looks tasty.

So without wanting to sound avaricious, I wondered what people were thinking of for their next car (or the one after the one on order?) Would you stick with Audi even or jump to the dark side? ;)

Last edited:
As my next Audi (not yet ordered) will be 9th A3 and currently I don't see any other car I prefer I'm quite sure that my next one after that will almost certainly be another A3.

When I do order my A3 Sportback 2.0TDI-184 Sport s-tronic quattro I'm sure that will give me everything I want from a car.

Ha ha, I'd class my self as a 'car obssessed day dreamer' as well! I drive my wife mad about prospective car purchases.

Will either go for an S3 saloon (heart) or a new A4 avant (head).

Reactions: Joetidman
As my next Audi (not yet ordered) will be 9th A3 and currently I don't see any other car I prefer I'm quite sure that my next one after that will almost certainly be another A3.

When I do order my A3 Sportback 2.0TDI-184 Sport s-tronic quattro I'm sure that will give me everything I want from a car.

That is loyalty to the brand (and car) if ever I saw it!

Ha ha, I'd class my self as a 'car obssessed day dreamer' as well! I drive my wife mad about prospective car purchases.

Will either go for an S3 saloon (heart) or a new A4 avant (head).

Good man, I'll tell you how the S3 Saloon drives once I (finally) get it!

From one car obsessed daydreamer to another........my next car will most likely be an S3 SB

Reactions: PilotAudi and Joetidman
Our S3 arrives in our household early March.

Our GT3 arrives early April we hope :) ferry to Ijmuiden is booked already so it'd better show up in time !

thinking rs4 avant
ive ticked the boxes in the wrong order porsche, ferrari, mercedes,

Not sure yet, maybe keep the S3 longer and upgrade the other daily driver( a Tdi) to a new TT Diesel.

It's interesting you all stick with Audi. Over the years I've been from one manufacturer to another :p maybe I'll get hooked on the Audi bug when I pick mine up in March

this is my first Audi and if it rattles / fails / needs warranty repairs, it will be my last.

i have zero tolerance for expensive luxury items offering less than cheaper opposition.

i am not a brand snob - i seek VFM !

Reactions: OZAudi84 and thedooker
That is loyalty to the brand (and car) if ever I saw it!

It's even more than that. Since 1976 all my cars have been either VW or Audi. So far the totals are 5-VW and 12-Audi.

Reactions: Joetidman
this is my first Audi and if it rattles / fails / needs warranty repairs, it will be my last.

i have zero tolerance for expensive luxury items offering less than cheaper opposition.

I'm the same. The reason that I looked at the S3 in the first place was due to my Focus ST rattling so much.

I think once the S3 is gone it will be a 335d or something a bit more "sensible"

It's interesting you all stick with Audi. Over the years I've been from one manufacturer to another :p maybe I'll get hooked on the Audi bug when I pick mine up in March

I'm with you to be honest, it's more about the right car for me than the brand per se, however this is my first Audi so maybe I'll be sold and never change after that. I do think Audi's look the best inside and out of the premium Marques at the moment, but that can change quickly when new cars come out so who knows

I've been all round the block regarding cars but since my first VW (VR6 and R32) I then moved on to Audi's ( several A3s an A1 and an S4) I now can't see past them! Don't think I'll ever not have an Audi now!!

Reactions: PilotAudi
I've been all round the block regarding cars but since my first VW (VR6 and R32) I then moved on to Audi's ( several A3s an A1 and an S4) I now can't see past them! Don't think I'll ever not have an Audi now!!

Oh how familiar.. after the youthful range of Minis (proper ones not BMW crap), fast Fords and a few company cars moved to VW and then Audi... both great brands.

Reactions: J6YAK
Not thought past my S3 yet, maybe a 235i or another Audi most likely. I like quattro though which puts me off BMWs since x-drive isn't available in most RHD models.

Got plenty of time to think about it, although know i will probably never own a french car ever again and after my Ibiza not a Seat. Had i of been older and in a better job i probably would of had an RS4 maybe later. ;)

I think BMW are starting to expand their x-drive availability actually, probably because of demand, like audi on their higher power cars, alongside bringing in FWD cars for the first time...

I must admit the new entry level F-Type coupe just looks amazing, maybe one for when the kids are a little older ;)

Reactions: lloydie1994
Ordered the S3 Sportback (delivery this coming Wednesday) Will wait for the new RS3 available in a years time - that's the one !!!!

Another thread from me as I try to stave off insanity as I wait for my S3. Given (as my wife calls it) I'm a car obsessed day dreamer, I've already given thought to what I'll get after my S3. Actually the thought was started during the ordering process as my dealer suggested that after 2 years I might want to trade in early for a Black Edition version of the car (always thinking ahead these Audi dealers!). What with that and talk of an S3 Plus and an RS3 in the works as well as (dare I say it) a new 235i coupe and 1-series saloon due in 2016 there is a lot coming that looks tasty.

So without wanting to sound avaricious, I wondered what people were thinking of for their next car (or the one after the one on order?) Would you stick with Audi even or jump to the dark side? ;)

I just thought it was me who spent time looking for the next car even when I've only just got a brand new one! The curse of Autotrader!
I think I'll only have this S3 a couple of years max, at 35 I'm on my 30 something car so don't keep them long I get bored too easily!
I've promised myself a 911 before I'm 40 so either that or if the RS3 is out soon I'll be tempted. I'm definitely tempted by the new M3 too, I think Audi are missing a trick not making a 4 door RS4 as I would consider that.

I just thought it was me who spent time looking for the next car even when I've only just got a brand new one! The curse of Autotrader!
I think I'll only have this S3 a couple of years max, at 35 I'm on my 30 something car so don't keep them long I get bored too easily!
I've promised myself a 911 before I'm 40 so either that or if the RS3 is out soon I'll be tempted. I'm definitely tempted by the new M3 too, I think Audi are missing a trick not making a 4 door RS4 as I would consider that.

there's nothing like the boxer 6 in a 911. anything else is a mere compromise.

the offbeat rumble and pure character output from Stuttgart's finest will never be beaten imho.

the last bmw v8 was nicebut just too even and controlled. the porsche 6 has a rawness that theyhaven't bothered to dial in to civility..... i love 'em :)

the offbeat rumble and pure character output from Stuttgart's finest will never be beaten imho.

the last bmw v8 was nicebut just too even and controlled. the porsche 6 has a rawness that theyhaven't bothered to dial in to civility..... i love 'em :)

surely the prancing horse beats it hands down?

I wouldn't class anything in the A3 range as "luxury". Expensive for a hatchback, yes; luxury, no.

I think my next daily car is unlikely to be an Audi.
Will be 4 years time though, so what I am getting next will be complete guesswork.
(Might get a R8 for my garage whore though, but I've just switched that out so again probably 4 years away).

Currently considering a great deal on a Q5 for the wife (to replace her Q3), so that might very well be the next car in the household.

I wouldn't class anything in the A3 range as "luxury". Expensive for a hatchback, yes; luxury, no.

Will be 4 years time though, so what I am getting next will be complete guesswork.
(Might get a R8 for my garage whore though, but I've just switched that out so again probably 4 years away).

Currently considering a great deal on a Q5 for the wife (to replace her Q3), so that might very well be the next car in the household.

I was out for a walk just earlier with my boys and did notice quite a few 2 Audi households around, an A3 and an A1, an S5 and an A4 etc. seems like quite a few folk have the Audi bug!

£44k for a hatchback is a luxury price / premium..................unless you know of something else in the same bracket for the size and performance with 5 doors and a boot / roof rails ? :wtf:

£44k for a hatchback is a luxury price / premium..................unless you know of something else in the same bracket for the size and performance with 5 doors and a boot / roof rails ? :wtf:

It's expensive, can't disagree, although not £44k surely........
I disagree that it's luxury though.
If you go into this purchase expecting luxury you will be disappointed, it's a hatchback with good quality parts, nothing more.

Anyway, gone off topic, sorry OP.
Stay on thread.

I must admit I'm a sucker for a 6 cylinder engine. I had an E46 M3 and the engine was an absolute masterpiece, well when it was running properly, I think Audi's build quality and cabin quality is way ahead though.
I've driven lots of 911's, I'd love a GT3 but with a nipper I'd rather have the choice of having the back seats when required. A C4S in either black or grey is what I want to be in.
What colour GT3 you ordered?

It's expensive, can't disagree, although not £44k surely........
I disagree that it's luxury though.
If you go into this purchase expecting luxury you will be disappointed, it's a hatchback with good quality parts, nothing more.

Anyway, gone off topic, sorry OP.
Stay on thread.

we went full spec, expecting an element of luxury. perhaps you went for the poor mans edition ?

Reactions: robo1million
I must admit I'm a sucker for a 6 cylinder engine. I had an E46 M3 and the engine was an absolute masterpiece, well when it was running properly, I think Audi's build quality and cabin quality is way ahead though.
I've driven lots of 911's, I'd love a GT3 but with a nipper I'd rather have the choice of having the back seats when required. A C4S in either black or grey is what I want to be in.
What colour GT3 you ordered?

Gt3

Reactions: geefunk1978
So if an S3 Plus does happen, anyone going to trade up early for their next car?

Reactions: pat15312
Funny mine has only done 3000 miles and I looked at it this morning and thought what next?
Not that I don't like it....