Like Tree44Likes

Thread: Audi S3 Plus?

1st Gear

Status

Audi S3 Plus?

What's all this about then...

2015 Audi S3 Plus | car review @ Top Speed
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Looks like an engine with bit more power. Between the current s3 and the next Rs3. Will be an upgrade through engine-tuning. My guess

5th Gear

Status
    I doubt this to be honest. how many other 'plus' models have we seen? i only remember 2, from memory the first RS6, and the TTRS both of which recieved ~30hp and 20hp lift respectively. Yet a basic S3 would recieve a ~80hp lift??.....if its true, it sounds like Audi might be at last getting serious, the new RS3 would have to 450hp out of the wrapper :-))

Actually that would kill RS4,6,7 sales so, none of this will happen IMO!
    RYuill likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Agreed. I think the next RS3 will have about 370bhp, there's no way they'll give an RS3 as much power as an RS4.

3rd Gear

Status
    Another news article New Turbo Four To Feature In S3 Plus Model, Other Hot Audis

Surprised they would be that quick to bring it out on the back of S3 release. Surely it will canabalise S3 sales?
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

3rd Gear

Status
    About time they took the most powerful 2.0T AWD hot hatch record back, cunningly stealing the guy who developed the Mercedes A45 AMG.

Wonder what the price will be over the standard S3 8V.
    Last edited by Dan-Jnr; 24th January 2014 at 22:46.
    2007 - Imola Yellow- Audi S3 - 305
    [8L BLOG] [8P BLOG]

1st Gear

Status
    Good articles but I cant see Audi having an engine between the S3 and RS3, there could actually be a things as too much choice. Having the S3 and the RS3 has worked for so long, fast or very fast with a few more performance tweaks.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    I'll be honest, I'm gonna be p***ed if they bring out an entirely new engine within 12 months of the S3 engine, which itself is entirely brand new...
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by pat15312 View Post
    I'll be honest, I'm gonna be p***ed if they bring out an entirely new engine within 12 months of the S3 engine, which itself is entirely brand new...
    Im not sure how id feel about this either!

Although I think this will just end up on a concept or limited run car somewhere in the near future.

5th Gear

Status
    I could see them releasing the RS3 with a 2.0l 4 cyl engine producing 375+ bhp but a S3 Plus doesn't really make sense to me.
    Louay likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    Unless the rs4 is due a power hike???

I can see a 420hp rs3, just so they can tramp all over the merc and BMW alternatives.

That would need the rs4 to be nearer to 500hp and then the rs6 to be 575 to 600 maybe?

Probably possible all within existing engine range with a few tweaks.

Interesting that the comments on the websites ref the 2.0l s3 engine needing to have a new turbo, reworked head and exhaust to make 375. Wonder what that would do when remapped!!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    I would be disappointed if Audi does release a Plus edition so soon after the 'standard' car.
    pat15312 likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    Not going to happen it's far too soon it's not the way Audi work!! It's just journalists justifying their jobs with more bull***t getting everyone exited!!
    I think next out of the Audi stable will be a new RS3 but not until they have sold a lot of S3s, but it's only my opinion I only drive Audi's I don't build them.
    375 does sound good tho!!!
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Here at last: MY14 S3 Sportback, Manual, Estoril Blue, Rails, SS Seats, LED Headlights, Interior LED pack, Privacy glass, Comfort pack, Audi Sound System, Black Inlays.
    Just gone: MY13 Audi TT 2.0 TDI Quattro Amplified Black Edition, Misano Red, Privacy glass, Sat nav
    Previous : MY12 A3 2.0TDI Quattro Black Edition, Misano Red, Bose, Full Leather, Privacy glass

Neutral

Status
    Really Annoying as I thought that the performance and noise is the only thing less than the TTRS....if they bump the performance now I have ordered I will be cheesed off!

2nd Gear

Status
    There's talk of a golf r Evo edition coming soon, so this might have legs but doesn't make much sense just yet. Maybe on the facelift S3?
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

Neutral

Status
    With 375bhp, it can only really be the next RS3.

I just hope they hold off releasing the RS3 till 2016.

3rd Gear

Status
    Just emailed my dealer to see if he's knows anything about this! He know's his stuff on S and RS models.

Neutral

Status
    I'm struggling to think why and when I would need a faster car than a standard S3 in the real world?
    Louay likes this.
    Delivered 1 March 2014, Estoril blue S3 Sportback STronic. B&O, Comfort, Aluminium rails, Interior Lights, Through load, lumbar, SD Sat Nav,TPM, Rev Mat.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecosphere View Post
    I'm struggling to think why and when I would need a faster car than a standard S3 in the real world?
    Just because............

well you get used to the power. I find myself wanting more.
    Silky-S3 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    If anyone is looking to offload a nearly new S3 at a good price because its a bit too slow, let me know
    A3 S-Line 1.4 TFSI COD Manual in Glacier White with Comfort Pack including Park Plus, S-Line Sports Suspension and SD Card Based Sat Nav.

Rarely neutral

Status
    So basically what they've done is to turn out an OEM equivalent to a Stg2+ S3.

It would be interesting to find the price comparison between the two.

Rarely neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Ecosphere View Post
    As the other man said....because you can.

I certainly didn't find the S3 quick when I bought my 8P,and getting it remapped was the beginning of a slippery slope.

4th Gear

Status
    S line Plus < Specifications < Q3 < Q3 < Models

So we have a Q3 S-Line Plus....but will an S3 Plus follow? Could easily justify the Q3 Sline plus as there is a considerable power difference between that and the RSQ3 but it remains to be seen if they will bring out the S3 Plus which i'm hoping, as a prospective owner of the new S3, that they dont!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by S3Alex View Post
    As the other man said....because you can.

I certainly didn't find the S3 quick when I bought my 8P,and getting it remapped was the beginning of a slippery slope.
    A very slippery slope? Haha. One I am slowly sliding down...
    Current:
    8P2 S3 Phantom Black | Sunroof, RNS-E, AMI, FBMFSW, Bluetooth, Auto lights & wipers, CHL, LED Interior light pack, Black Styling pack, Miltek Catback, MY11 rear lights and remapped by Unicorn Motor Developments

Previous:
    8P2 A3 2.0 TDI 170 S Line Quattro Grey | Remapped
    8L A3 1.9 Tdi 100 Sport Black | Remapped to 130

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    S line Plus < Specifications < Q3 < Q3 < Models

So we have a Q3 S-Line Plus....but will an S3 Plus follow? Could easily justify the Q3 Sline plus as there is a considerable power difference between that and the RSQ3 but it remains to be seen if they will bring out the S3 Plus which i'm hoping, as a prospective owner of the new S3, that they dont!
    Any thoughts guys?

3rd Gear

Status
    Any thoughts guys?
    Q3 Plus and Q5 Plus only refers to extra kit, not any extra power.

Think there was a TTRS Plus that increased kit and power (20Hp only though IIRC).

1st Gear

Status
    That's a load of ********. Audi to the best of my knowledge have never pitched a car between an S and RS model. The only 'plus' versions have been on the RS - where 'plus' means an upgrade in performance that is. I had a TTRS plus. Not too sure if I really got much on top of the standard RS really... If you want an S3 closer to an RS, you get the S remapped. Just people trying to sell magazines IMO. Next A3 iteration will be the RS3 and most likely they'll do a mid life styling upgrade and a black edition, which is essentially you can already order by opting for the black styling pack, etc.
    Louay likes this.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by wab172uk View Post
    With 375bhp, it can only really be the next RS3.

I just hope they hold off releasing the RS3 till 2016.
    This is what worries me if this S3 Plus thing is legit, i was planning on staying loyal to Audi and the A3 series and finally upgrading to an RS model for my next car in the next year or so, was even hoping Audi would offer the RS3 in a more muscular version of the new saloon, perfect car for me...

Exciting stuff none the less, and my S3 will be "plus" at some point this year anyway...
    Glacier White S3 SB S-Tronic, Super Sport Seats, Pano Roof, Black Roof Rails, LED's, Interior Light Pack, B&O, Sat Nav SD Card, Advanced Key, Acoustic Rear Parking, Rain Sensor, ABT DR 19" Alloys

1st Gear

Status
    This could be the best thing to happen..................................... for those of us waiting for the RS3 - 400+bhp!!!!!!!!!!

However, I suspect that the S3+ will in fact be the RS3. It could be quite epic without the extra weight of the 5 cylinder lump up front trying to pull it into the nearest bush.....

I guess it depends what Mercedes do with the A Class AMG - Audi may want to engineer in some headroom for the RS3 in case there is a Black Series...

Whatever happens, the is indeed exciting stuff!

Only time will tell......
    Present - 8V S3 3 Door S3 S-Tronic. Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Super Sports Seats, Technology Pack, Folding & Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Bang & Olufsen, Comfort Pack with Cruise Control & Rear Parking Sensors, Reversible Boot Liner, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Non Smoking Pack, Hold Assist

Past "Highlights" - 2008 S3 (8P2), 2004 Alfa 147GTa, 1999 Fiat Coupe 20v Turbo LE, 1994 Astra GSi 16v

4th Gear

Status
    So nothing mentioned at all about the S3 plus of R evo being featured at the Geneva motor show then?

Neutral

Status
    So nothing mentioned at all about the S3 plus of R evo being featured at the Geneva motor show then?
    Hopefully it doesn't eventuate because ill be pissed off hahaha and definitely have to get an APR tune or similar to make myself feel better.
    Louay likes this.
    2014 S3 8V | Phantom Black | S-Tronic | Black Styling Package | LED headlights | Super Sports Seats | B&O Sound | Magnetic Ride Suspension | Red Brakes Calipers | Interior Light Package | Assistance Package |

4th Gear

Status
    Not even a sniff of it in any motor news relating to the Geneva motor show and surely a snippet would have leaked out by now. Praying it doesn't happen....can't happen!
    PilotAudi and vakaviti like this.

4th Gear

Status
    vakaviti likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Better start planning to trade in my not yet been delivered S3 Saloon in late 2015 then
    chute1860 and vakaviti like this.
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

Neutral

Status
    Far out please let it be a rumour and only a rumour....
    2014 S3 8V | Phantom Black | S-Tronic | Black Styling Package | LED headlights | Super Sports Seats | B&O Sound | Magnetic Ride Suspension | Red Brakes Calipers | Interior Light Package | Assistance Package |

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Better start planning to trade in my not yet been delivered S3 Saloon in late 2015 then
    Revo and other tuners should have an established re map by then at fraction of the cost to trade in for a model using the same platform with a few added horses.
    Psyman79 likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Revo and other tuners should have an established re map by then at fraction of the cost to trade in for a model using the same platform with a few added horses.
    Valid point but then again not everyone will want a tune if it voids warranty...still up in the air about this TD1 flag. Does anyone know if changing the exhaust throws the flag as well?

4th Gear

Status
    Whilst this is a very interesting proposition, I am still baffled as to what they would do with the RS3 - certainly in terms of performance.

Talk of the S3+ with 375 bhp and 0 to 60 around 4 seconds will mean the RS3 has to have immense power.
    Louay, PilotAudi, Andy1608 and 1 others like this.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

1st Gear

Status
    This doesn't really look to be a revolutionary engine to me. It's still a 2.0L. Yeah, maybe it's had the heads ported to increase flow a bit, sure. Maybe strengthened the internals a bit. At the end of the day, you can get the numbers listed in that last post with a remap (ABT is claiming 360 with a piggy back tune!!!), and a stronger DSG gearbox to handle the increased torque.

Large capacity turbo to me signifies lag!

Sounds like a Stage 2 S3 to me
    vakaviti likes this.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast