S3 Manual Exclusive Aluminium Gear Knob Part No.& Price

Louay

Reaction score
Morning All,

After making an enquiry to Audi UK and as the title suggest I have been able to obtain price and part no. for the exclusive manual gear knob for those S3 owners who may wish to change the OEM.

PART NO. 8V0863278G HVI

PRICE £85.91 plus VAT

The parts can be purchased from the Parts Department and fitted (presumably you can fit it yourself) at your local Audi Centre.

6eb494c7b0da38bdcd23cfcdd9f5f78b
7a5f421c0021b2796782970d1fcb3e3a
Fc4bc91402c3ceb896b10a8450b5e0be

The original.

6a80629ad66725d1a3e3cfafc411b53e

Thanks

Louay

Reactions: Khufu, TYb, Conor_B and 2 others
Top work lad, that looks awesome! getting that on order today haha!

Reactions: Louay
Audi owe me a favour so this is it!

Reactions: nervus and Louay
Manager of Huddersfield audi has ordered my gearknob and footrest! Gearknob will be here Monday or with him at least then he's seeing what delivery on the footrest is like, yes the stainless one!

Manager of Huddersfield audi has ordered my gearknob and footrest! Gearknob will be here Monday or with him at least then he's seeing what delivery on the footrest is like, yes the stainless one!

So there is a stainless steel footrest for RHD UK cars now?

I'm hoping so, he sounded confident in getting me one so we'll see.

Might be obvious this but why does it matter what hand drive it is? Still goes footrest, clutch, brake, throttle...no matter if it LHD or RHD

Might be obvious this but why does it matter what hand drive it is? Still goes footrest, clutch, brake, throttle...no matter if it LHD or RHD

because it fits on to the other side of the car where, presumably, the fitting is different. If you look at both sides of the passenger foot well, you'll see they're different

Ah right, maybe I'm p#**ing in the wind then!

That looks a bit OTT and out of place to me? Looks huge!

PS If you do manage to get a SS footrest fitted let me know! I don't think you will though.

No probs, I'm doubting it aswel now so racking my brains as to what else to ask for any suggestions anyone? Silky, where an outs in yorkshire you from?

No probs, I'm doubting it aswel now so racking my brains as to what else to ask for any suggestions anyone? Silky, where an outs in yorkshire you from?

Huddersfield!

Nice gear knob, isnt it the same as from the exclusive A1 quattro?

Both parts on back order apparently so still waiting, manage of Huddersfield emailed me today

Anyone have any idea how to fit this when it does arrive

From the picture I believe it's simply plug and play. You unclip and remove the base from the centre console and clip the new one in after placing the new head over the gear stick shaft? It's designed by Germans so it must be simple!

Reactions: DeeGee68 and rams_s3
That looks a bit OTT and out of place to me? Looks huge!

Surely not? If originally designed for the smaller A1 quattro and then made available for European customers then I'm hoping the sportback will make it look at home.

Just got the call, no footrest! They are only available for LHD models as someone said.

I got my gear knob today! i'm well impressed, its is so much smaller in you're hand than the origional which now feels like an orange in comparison! thanks Louay - i didnt even know this existed unti this post! top work fella!

Reactions: Louay
How do they work, do you just stick them on? Or do they replace an existing plastic fitting?

from the web site -
THEY ARE SUPPLIED PRE DRILLED WITH FIXING BOLTS AND MOUNTING HARDWARE.

A 10 MINUTE MOD THAT ENHANCES AND COMPLIMENTS THE INTERIOR TRIM.
Certainly not stuck by the description above

I personally wouldn't want to drill holes into the existing footrest in order to fit one of these. A few well placed industrial strength sticky pads would do the same job and at least it is removable without causing damage

I know it’s an old thread but did anyone change the gear knob themselves?
I did it on my old S3 8p and now I want it in my 8v.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I know it’s an old thread but did anyone change the gear knob themselves?
I did it on my old S3 8p and now I want it in my 8v.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I did this on my car. Was easy to pull off. The hardest part of the metal clip. End up bending it out and bending it back. No problems since I've put it on.
Screenshot 2017 11 05 17 09 08

Sent from my ZTE A2017G using Tapatalk

Reactions: DeeGee68
I did this on my car. Was easy to pull off. The hardest part of the metal clip. End up bending it out and bending it back. No problems since I've put it on. View attachment 140813

I’ve done it on my old s3, so that part should be fine.
What about getting to it?
Removing the plastic etc..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve done it on my old s3, so that part should be fine.
What about getting to it?
Removing the plastic etc..?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No. Just the gear stick itself. If you get a copy of elsawin it will show the points where to pull/yank.

There a good gear knob had one in my S1 and looking at getting one for the S3.

So I saw this post only the other day, I called my local TPS today to find this gear knob is now £250, how the hell can they justify such an increase in price

Morning All,

After making an enquiry to Audi UK and as the title suggest I have been able to obtain price and part no. for the exclusive manual gear knob for those S3 owners who may wish to change the OEM.

PART NO. 8V0863278G HVI

PRICE £85.91 plus VAT

The parts can be purchased from the Parts Department and fitted (presumably you can fit it yourself) at your local Audi Centre.

View attachment 26330
View attachment 26331
View attachment 26332

The original.

View attachment 26333

Thanks

Louay

Hey buddy,

I know this is quite old now but i have just phoned through to Audi Hitchin and they are charging £300+. I can't imagine different dealers would have such a difference in price? £84 would be just right for me!

eBay and the like have them listed between £220 and £280 for the gear knob and gaiter, i'm really only interested in the knob (no laughing) but i'm not sure i want to pay that much...

Hey buddy,

I know this is quite old now but i have just phoned through to Audi Hitchin and they are charging £300+. I can't imagine different dealers would have such a difference in price? £84 would be just right for me!

eBay and the like have them listed between £220 and £280 for the gear knob and gaiter, i'm really only interested in the knob (no laughing) but i'm not sure i want to pay that much...
https://m.ebay.co.uk/itm/Audi-A3-S3...207452&hash=item463b7f6d2f:g:WZMAAOxywh1TGEPk

i saw this post and thought the price seemed low as i had only seen them at price at link. then i saw origin post date.. im sure its brexits fault

Did some one buy it from the cars-equipment.com I'm interested to but
I don't know if the site price is true

Sent from my VOG-L29 using Tapatalk