Badger5Sky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Like Tree16Likes

Thread: Glacier white S3?

Neutral

Status
    I agree with you Con. I think that keeping it consistent, either all black or all chrome looks best

Re black v chrome grill though, I think the black grill looks better on the 8P but believe the chrome looks better on the 8v. I agree with Johnnyb that the chrome gives it more character that I think it kinda misses with black (well at least in the pics that I've seen).

So yours has a black grill? But with aluminium rails which you'll wrap in black and sunroof from memory? Will look very nice imo - would love to see it when it arrives!

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Mine doesn't have the black grill. I'm going to get it wrapped at the same time as the rails + window surrounds + possibly the rear diffuser trim

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SilureMark View Post
    Agreed - had it on my TTRS and now on my new S3, when ever it arrives that is! Just make sure you get the black styling pack to go with - all that chrome looks a bit chavtastic IMO. I'm having 19's on my car, painted black. Special order that - took a bit of faffing around with the dealer to get the right wheels, but all sorted now :-)
    What 19's you getting fitted ?
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

Reverse Gear

Status
    Finally arrived and picked up on Saturday afternoon. All I can say is wow! What a car! Hands down makes the Scirocco feel slow and clunky in comparison.
    2014-01-27 18.42.42.jpg
    j16jrf, Johnnyb, J6YAK and 3 others like this.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by london_se23 View Post
    Finally arrived and picked up on Saturday afternoon. All I can say is wow! What a car! Hands down makes the Scirocco feel slow and clunky in comparison.
    2014-01-27 18.42.42.jpg
    Beautiful car and colour combo!
    On order: Monsoon Grey 8V S3 Sportback - S-Tronic - Performance Pack - Sunroof - Assistance Pack - Mirror Pack

1st Gear

Status
    shame we don't get caliper colour options here in the uk, I'd be sticking a set of red on for sure!
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

Neutral

Status
    With these posts I have rang my dealer and changed from misano red to glacier white. Wow they look amazing. I'll be going chrome grill but the black roof rails are a nice touch.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey bud
    Did you manage to take the number plate holder off your car? I'm looking to do the same when mine arrives in a few weeks. Pictures would be great if you have some .

Quote Originally Posted by london_se23 View Post
    Thanks dstama!

I was supposed to be picking up the car today but looks like it will be ready tomorrow now.

I realised that over here in Sydney the European style of the plates we have are big for the rear of the car and small for the front which means its not going to look as good as the official European plates as there will be a horrible gap on the front where the remainder of the plate should be.

Im thinking about removing the front grill and pulling out the plastic plate holder which will give more visible grill and compliment the smaller plate hopefully.

Will keep everyone updated on the progress.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just 3 options in stock cars here in Peru for the S3: Misano Red, Glaciar White and Silver. Which one to choose?

Neutral

Status
    Hi all new to forum, order as per sig, test drove glacier white S3 Monday, absolutely Awesome great looking car (think this colour helps best show off the S3 subtle styling) and amazing drive still smiling!! Agree that standard car looks good but just think that black styling will make it stand out more and make it look more agressive hence my order. BW 26 confirmed by dealer will not take till new reg though, in no rush and on hols so would be pointless taking a few weeks before.
    Current 12 plate VW Golf GTi ed35 DSG, 3dr Candy White, Leather, Lux, Adaptive Suspension, Parking Sensors

Ordered S3 STronic 31/3/14, BW26 then BW25 Now BW23, Its Here!!! pick up 10/6, Glacier White, Black Styling, Privacy Glass, Comfort Pack (cruise and rear sensors) Folding Mirrors, Advanced Key, ASS, Interior Light Pack, 4 year Warranty.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by j16jrf View Post
    With these posts I have rang my dealer and changed from misano red to glacier white. Wow they look amazing. I'll be going chrome grill but the black roof rails are a nice touch.
    LOL! I have gone the other way! I had glacier on order and then changed it to misano red. That's after seeing both colours on S3's in the flesh, I thought the red made more of a statement on the new car. White looked good, misano red was stunning. Black styling pack and privacy glass is a given what ever the colour. Can't stand all that chrome around the windows - looks OK on the grill though. Anyway, my last S3 was ibis and the TTS and RS were both Glacier, so a change was in order I suppose. I only ever seem to get white, red or yellow cars... 3 best colours for a sports car IMO.
    j16jrf likes this.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12