AH FabricationsBadger5
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 40 of 45
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: A3 Sportsback 2.0Tdi S Line Quattro S Tronic

  1. #1
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274

    A3 Sportsback 2.0Tdi S Line Quattro S Tronic

    Hi,
    New to site, in process of ordering above vehicle, has anyone got some must haves for options, also anybody got some real mpg figures.
    Currently running Golf gtd with Dsg
    Andy203
    Last edited by andy203; 19th January 2014 at 12:06.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Firstly, great choice of car! You won't be disappointed as the 184 Quattro is superb. There are many threads on must-have specs and it all depends on budget but my #1 recommendation for s-tronic is hold assist for £90.
    I've just clocked up 1,000 miles and average 42mpg so far.
    Last edited by snakehips; 19th January 2014 at 12:17.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  4. #3
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,558
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  5. #4
    Schizophonic's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Northampton
    Posts
    320
    hi, there are a few options discussed but it can be down to personal preference.

    If I was you, Hold Assist, B&O, front parking sensors and folding wing mirrors.

  6. #5
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Thanks for that, was going for the hill assist, the mpg does not look to good,is that hard driving?

  7. #6
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Yes but no real mpg for the 2.0 TDI Quattro S tronic

  8. #7
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    But not for the model I'm ordering
    Last edited by andy203; 19th January 2014 at 12:08.

  9. #8
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by andy203 View Post
    Thanks for that, was going for the hill assist, the mpg does not look to good,is that hard driving?
    Not hard driving as I have been running it in but I would expect mpg to keep improving as the engine loosens up. What were you getting in the GTD and what engine did that have? Quattro will always affect the economy but for me mpg was never important.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  10. #9
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    205
    Excellent choice of spec - same as me! Mine expected March.

    As already stated - great and good value options are indeed Hold assist and Folding mirrors. I've also added Comfort pack which is also great value.

    The rest I chose are just desirable luxuries...

    Daytona grey paint
    Pano roof
    B&O
    Interior light pack
    Reversible boot mat
    Electric lumbar adjustment
    Heated seats
    LED lights
    Model and engine tech deletion

  11. #10
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Not hard driving as I have been running it in but I would expect mpg to keep improving as the engine loosens up. What were you getting in the GTD and what engine did that have? Quattro will always affect the economy but for me mpg was never important.
    Golf Gtd 2.0 Dsg gear box, 170bhp, Avg 47 mpg over 9000 miles

  12. #11
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by andy203 View Post
    Golf Gtd 2.0 Dsg gear box, 170bhp, Avg 47 mpg over 9000 miles
    I would hope for around 45 eventually but tbh even 42 will do for me, with 4WD + a more powerful engine than your 170.
    Re the rest of your spec, PembsA3 has a near identical spec to mine (except I chose a nicer colour ) so if you have the budget I'd go for similar. LED and B&O are fantastic and make me smile every time I use them.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  13. #12
    My dealer says he generally takes the Combined figure given by Audi and takes off 20%.

    The Combined figure for the 184 quattro is 57.6 less 20% = 46.1. This should be achievable providing you don't push it hard all the time. I have a 170 Sportback s-tronic at the moment and I am getting around 47-48mpg.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  14. #13
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,558
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  15. #14
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    I would hope for around 45 eventually but tbh even 42 will do for me, with 4WD + a more powerful engine than your 170.
    Re the rest of your spec, PembsA3 has a near identical spec to mine (except I chose a nicer colour ) so if you have the budget I'd go for similar. LED and B&O are fantastic and make me smile every time I use them.
    So what colour? My Gtd is white nice when clean.

  16. #15
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    205
    What colour u got snakehips? I like Phantom but went for Daytona cos I didn't want a third black car!

  17. #16
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by PembsA3 View Post
    What colour u got snakehips? I like Phantom but went for Daytona cos I didn't want a third black car!
    I was thinking Daytona, Black is like White great when clean

  18. #17
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    205
    Exactly why I didn't want another black car - lovely when clean... But never clean where I live!.. 😣

  19. #18
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by PembsA3 View Post
    What colour u got snakehips? I like Phantom but went for Daytona cos I didn't want a third black car!
    It's in my sig! Seems to be very rare, which I like, but I wouldn't even try to persuade you as colour choice is a personal thing, like suspension.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  20. #19
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Snakehips how do you find the ride, I found the Gtd a little firm so had the A.C.C option ran in comfort mode most of the time, with the rural roads of Norfolk to contend with and the associated mud which does not mix well with the White paint.

  21. #20
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by cuke2u View Post
    Nice find. Make sure you switch to UK units for proper comparison.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  22. #21
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by andy203 View Post
    Snakehips how do you find the ride, I found the Gtd a little firm so had the A.C.C option ran in comfort mode most of the time, with the rural roads of Norfolk to contend with and the associated mud which does not mix well with the White paint.
    The ride and suspension choice is a subject of much debate here. I have just come from a Golf GTi, which didn't have ACC so was basically permanent Sport suspension. Now that I'm an old fart with a dodgy back I decided this to be too firm. I found the Sport suspension on the A3 SB was definitely smoother than the Golf but I went one step further and opted for SE suspension and have found it beautifully smooth yet still handles well. There is a danger this will trigger yet another long discussion on the merits of the suspension options so to save time I refer you to earlier threads on this!
    h5djr and PilotAudi like this.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  23. #22
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    The ride and suspension choice is a subject of much debate here. I have just come from a Golf GTi, which didn't have ACC so was basically permanent Sport suspension. Now that I'm an old fart with a dodgy back I decided this to be too firm. I found the Sport suspension on the A3 SB was definitely smoother than the Golf but I went one step further and opted for SE suspension and have found it beautifully smooth yet still handles well. There is a danger this will trigger yet another long discussion on the merits of the suspension options so to save time I refer you to earlier threads on this!
    Well I think I may have cracked it, This is the spec I think.......


    Shiraz Red, metallic
    Interior
    Material: Perforated Alcantara/leather with S line embossing on the front seats
    Seats: Black
    Dashboard: Black-Black
    Carpet: Black
    Headliner: Black
    Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights
    Aluminium roof rails
    Audi Parking System Plus
    Bang & Olufsen sound system
    Comfort package
    Cruise control
    Deselect sports suspension
    Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
    Electric lumbar support
    Heated front seats
    Perforated Alcantara/leather with S line embossing on the front seats
    Privacy glass
    Reversible load floor mat
    Deletion of engine technology designation at rear
    Technology package

  24. #23
    andy203's Avatar
    181 BHP

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Location
    Norfolk
    Posts
    274

    There again this may be if I can afford?

    Equipment
    Adaptive cruise control (ACC)
    Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights
    Advanced key
    Audi Parking System Plus
    Audi Phone Box
    Black roof rails
    Comfort package
    Deletion of model and technology designation at rear
    Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
    Electric lumbar support
    Fine Nappa leather with S line embossing on the front seats
    Heated front seats
    Hold assist
    Reversible load floor mat
    Technology package
    Tyre pressure loss indicator
    Privacy glass
    Audi Magnetic Ride - I assume this must be like the VW - Adaptaive Chassis Control
    Last edited by andy203; 19th January 2014 at 16:27.

  25. #24
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    Near Melton Mowbray
    Posts
    1,097
    adaptive cruise a must IMHO if you have s-tronic as it does stop&go in queuing traffic.

    high beam assist?

    Hold assist as must

    Reversible load floor mat is a waste of time tbh, much better to get a load liner mat with turned up edges.

    Don't see the point of advanced key TBH.

    Not many people order mag ride too, presumably because it's a whopping cost.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

  26. #25
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    226
    Tyre pressure loss is really a must at the price. Frankly should be standard as a safety feature.
    If you getting the sline you need the interior LED light pack. The LEDs really make the cabin work, and they are also so much better, just the individual beams for driver and passenger without filling the cabin make it worth while. Again shoulod be standard on the sline and above. (Not sure if it part of one of the packs on the Sline you have picked)

    Reversible floor mat, unless you really rally need a floor mat that covers the whole space of the car when the seats are folded down I wouldnt bother. I think there will be better after market boot mats.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

  27. #26
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    205
    I liked the reversible boot mat in my 8P. Looks like normal carpet when u don't need it but when you've got something mucky to carry, just flip it out over the bumper (which protects it...) and keeps the dirt on the wipe clean surface. Also covers the whole floor area when the seats r folded flat (for when I transport my mountain bike). The fitted plastic liners don't do either and don't look nice when u don't need the protection. IMHO... 😜

  28. #27
    Quote Originally Posted by Cumbrian_bob View Post
    Tyre pressure loss is really a must at the price. Frankly should be standard as a safety feature.
    If you getting the sline you need the interior LED light pack. The LEDs really make the cabin work, and they are also so much better, just the individual beams for driver and passenger without filling the cabin make it worth while. Again shoulod be standard on the sline and above. (Not sure if it part of one of the packs on the Sline you have picked)

    Reversible floor mat, unless you really rally need a floor mat that covers the whole space of the car when the seats are folded down I wouldnt bother. I think there will be better after market boot mats.
    The Interior Light package is part of the Comfort package which is on his list. I agree on TPMS (on £75) which is an option at the moment but will no doubt be standard from June 2014 as it's required by law on new cars from November 2014. I also agree about the Reversible floor mat. I ordered one with my current Sportback but I have never used it. Hold assist is a must for just £90. I also don't see the advantage of the Advanced key apart from posing! or Magnetic ride unless you are trying to make the car as expensive as possible. Is this a Sportback or a 3-door. If it's a 3-door personally I think privacy glass makes the car look like a van!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  29. #28
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The Interior Light package is part of the Comfort package which is on his list. I agree on TPMS (on £75) which is an option at the moment but will no doubt be standard from June 2014 as it's required by law on new cars from November 2014. I also agree about the Reversible floor mat. I ordered one with my current Sportback but I have never used it. Hold assist is a must for just £90. I also don't see the advantage of the Advanced key apart from posing! or Magnetic ride unless you are trying to make the car as expensive as possible. Is this a Sportback or a 3-door. If it's a 3-door personally I think privacy glass makes the car look like a van!!
    Interior light package isn't part of Comfort, it's extra. But still worth having.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  30. #29
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Interior light package isn't part of Comfort, it's extra. But still worth having.
    Your right. Getting confused between Interior lighting package and Light and Rain Sensor package, but Andy203 does say his is having the Xenon Light package (WB6) and the Interior Light Package is part of that.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  31. #30
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Your right. Getting confused between Interior lighting package and Light and Rain Sensor package, but Andy203 does say his is having the Xenon Light package (WB6) and the Interior Light Package is part of that.
    Correct you are getting confused . ILP is obligatory with Pan roof . Why don't Audi just increase the price and give it to you as part of Pano roof price . ??

  32. #31
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Correct you are getting confused . ILP is obligatory with Pan roof . Why don't Audi just increase the price and give it to you as part of Pano roof price . ??
    It's a bit like on my existing Sportback. As I specced Electric seats I had to have the Through Load through option - strange combination.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  33. #32
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Posts
    18
    Back on the MPG question... Same model, I'm getting about 42-43 on a motorway run, and low 30s around town - not hard driving either and clocked up almost 3000 miles. Have managed 48 on a 50mph long run down some a roads

    I too was told to take 20% off audi figures.

    My last audi diesel (a5 170) took 10k miles before returning good economy, so guess need to be patient, it is quite a capable car too!

  34. #33
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Just a quick question for my interest. Those with A3's, I didn't spec the hill hold and before picking up the car I tried to go back and add it but it was too late. That said, I'm glad I didn't because the s-tronic on the A4 holds the car anyway so I'm not exactly sure why you would ever need the hill hold unless you just couldn't be bothered putting on the handbrake yourself?

    So if it's the same on the A3 I'd be saving your money and getting something you can actually appreciate like the interior light package?

    Just my 2p.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  35. #34
    Reverse Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    23
    I've got a manual 184 being built week 11. Couldn't justify the Quattro cost and mpg loss - hopefully will still get 50-55.

    Spec I went for on a Daytona is:

    Adaptive headlights with Xenon Plus headlights
    Audi Parking System Plus
    Audi sound system
    Comfort package
    Door mirrors – electrically adjustable, folding and heated
    Electric lumbar support
    Hold assist
    Interior lighting package
    Non-smoking package
    Panoramic glass sunroof
    Progressive steering
    Reversible load floor mat
    Satellite Navigation system – SD card based
    Tyre pressure loss indicator

  36. #35
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    Just a quick question for my interest. Those with A3's, I didn't spec the hill hold and before picking up the car I tried to go back and add it but it was too late. That said, I'm glad I didn't because the s-tronic on the A4 holds the car anyway so I'm not exactly sure why you would ever need the hill hold unless you just couldn't be bothered putting on the handbrake yourself?

    So if it's the same on the A3 I'd be saving your money and getting something you can actually appreciate like the interior light package?

    Just my 2p.
    But the whole point is that it isn't hill hold, it's hold assist. It holds under any circumstances for as long as needed and yes, avoids pretty much ever having to be bothered putting on the handbrake yourself or having to sit in traffic with your foot on the brake.
    So I suggest it is very much worth it and that you have wasted your 2p.
    h5djr and PilotAudi like this.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  37. #36
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    But the whole point is that it isn't hill hold, it's hold assist. It holds under any circumstances for as long as needed and yes, avoids pretty much ever having to be bothered putting on the handbrake yourself or having to sit in traffic with your foot on the brake.
    So I suggest it is very much worth it and that you have wasted your 2p.
    Was just explaining because no one else had mentioned this and some may decide it's money they could better spend somewhere else on their car.

    Since the stop start system only works when you have your foot on the brake or when you're in park, I just don't see the point of the hold assist system if you want to use stop start. Or if you're willing to activate the handbrake yourself.

    I was trying to be helpful since it holds itself without the optional extra, that's all.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  38. #37
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    604
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    Was just explaining because no one else had mentioned this and some may decide it's money they could better spend somewhere else on their car.

    Since the stop start system only works when you have your foot on the brake or when you're in park, I just don't see the point of the hold assist system if you want to use stop start. Or if you're willing to activate the handbrake yourself.

    I was trying to be helpful since it holds itself without the optional extra, that's all.
    Sorry, it wasn't supposed to come across as shouting you down. But I wanted to make sure the newbies understood that hill hold and hold assist are 2 different things. All cars get the former.
    Good point about stop start (which btw works in neutral too) but my understanding is that stop start still works with hold assist activated, gearbox in D and foot off the brake. In other words hold assist acts as a virtual footbrake.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  39. #38
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Sorry, it wasn't supposed to come across as shouting you down. But I wanted to make sure the newbies understood that hill hold and hold assist are 2 different things. All cars get the former.
    Good point about stop start (which btw works in neutral too) but my understanding is that stop start still works with hold assist activated, gearbox in D and foot off the brake. In other words hold assist acts as a virtual footbrake.
    Haha, did come across that way a bit, glad that's not how it was intended.

    I wonder if maybe the software is a bit different between the cars then as mine definitely doesn't activate stop start in neutral as that was my first option before having to shift to park. Indeed, you're totally right about having hold assist as standard, that's sorta what I was getting at when I said you could probably spend your money on something better than hill hold unless you can't be bothered putting on the handbrake yourself. Haha. I know how these things are though, if you've had it before and gotten used to it, saying things like 'I can't be bothered putting on the handbrake myself' can sound silly. I did the exact thing after having advanced key in a car and then driving one without, was a hassle having to get the key out of my pocket. Lol.

    I'd be interested to know how the operation of the hill hold works with stop start and things like that after having this discussion if anyone can enlighten me?
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



  40. #39
    JohnnyM100's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hampshire/Surrey border
    Posts
    461
    Quote Originally Posted by Daggerit View Post
    I'd be interested to know how the operation of the hill hold works with stop start and things like that after having this discussion if anyone can enlighten me?
    Daggerit - are you referring to Hill Hold or Hold Assist here?

    I have S-Tronic and Hold Assist.

    Hold Assist on S-Tronic works really well, and also works fine with Start-Stop even with the gearbox in D or M, whereas with Manual you have to be in Neutral with the clutch pedal released.
    Manuals restart the engine when you press the clutch to engage 1st gear but on S-Tronic the engine restarts when you press the accelerator. However, if you just touch the accelerator momentarily you can get the engine to start but not creep forward (ie Hold Assist still on); all with the car still in D or M.

    John.
    Enjoying my 8V

  41. #40
    Daggerit's Avatar
    4th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Aberdeen
    Posts
    898
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyM100 View Post
    Daggerit - are you referring to Hill Hold or Hold Assist here?

    I have S-Tronic and Hold Assist.

    Hold Assist on S-Tronic works really well, and also works fine with Start-Stop even with the gearbox in D or M, whereas with Manual you have to be in Neutral with the clutch pedal released.
    Manuals restart the engine when you press the clutch to engage 1st gear but on S-Tronic the engine restarts when you press the accelerator. However, if you just touch the accelerator momentarily you can get the engine to start but not creep forward (ie Hold Assist still on); all with the car still in D or M.

    John.
    Haha, too much hill hold and hold assist going about!

    Sounds like your system works exactly as mine does with hold assist and stop start.

    I was more curious if when using the hill hold (which I don't have) you still have to keep your foot on the brake so the engine stays off or put it in park like on my car before you can take your foot off the brake and keep the engine off? If that's the case and you're either holding the brake on yourself or have it in park then what's the point of having the hill hold at all since hold assist is more than enough in those situations?

    This is purely for s-tronic, I think that it's a much more useful system in a manual and would be money well spent there.
    Daytona Grey A4 3.0 TDi Quattro S-Tronic Black Edition



 

 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Just bought an Audi A3 07 2.0TDI S-Line Sportback Quattro (170)
    By Napbree in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 25th February 2013, 21:03
  2. 3.0tdi Cab S-Line Quattro.To buy or not to buy???? Advise please
    By RacDave in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 9th January 2011, 16:14
  3. A3 Sportback 2.0TDi 170 S-Line Quattro
    By mickma3 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st April 2008, 21:34
  4. 2.0TDI (170PS) S line- Quattro or No Quattro?
    By mykaloon in forum Audi S4/A4/A4 Cab (B7 Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 21st February 2007, 22:51

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO