Getting used to my s3's 300bhp need more!

rams_s3

Reaction score
Anyone else getting used to its power far too early into ownership? Maybe it's slowed down now it's loosened off, thought it's supposed to go the other way!

Reactions: Johnnyb
Tell me about it mate. Need more POWER!!!

It's just due to the fact that you are getting used to it.

The map is very linear though so it never feels like it is going very quick as there is no sudden rush of power. I have a 2nd car which is an 11 year old 1.6l Astra so I get to appreciate the S3's power a bit better. The S3 is my 4th 300bhp car (a modded Focus ST, a mk2 Focus RS and a Porsche Cayman S Sport) and each of them stopped feeling fast after a bit :(

My stage 2+ 360bhp 8P S3 also started to feel slow. Always need more!

Reactions: rams_s3
Is 300 break not enough on UK roads? Obviously not! As a fraction how many cars do you think an S3 can beat every time someone takes a beast of a car like the new S3 out?

My stage 2+ 360bhp 8P S3 also started to feel slow. Always need more!

You going for any of the upgrades that have been advertised on here? Think I need to get into some open roads in mine, we are expecting anytime soon so can't go far!

300bhp is enough for a week, then you need 350bhp for another week, then 400bhp the next week.......

Reactions: Silky-S3
I don't think it feels as fast as my Shark stage 1 8P S3, but then I look at the speedo and it's crazy how quick it hits a ton. It definitely needs more power though, it'll be an absolute beast with a full turbo back Milltek and a Shark tuning box soon. Needs a bit more aggressive boost I think.

Reactions: Johnnyb, Silky-S3, PilotAudi and 1 other person
Yeah I'd like a shark box might see how others get on with them first, what happens to warranty regarding changing the exhaust?

Wonder what the small print in the warranty states? Bet it says any modifications void it somewhere. Probs won't stop me at least using the shark box if it's easy to remove. Obviously insurance would need to know though!

Anyone else getting used to its power far too early into ownership? Maybe it's slowed down now it's loosened off, thought it's supposed to go the other way!

Hey Rams, I got my car 2 motnhs ago and i got 2.5k kms in the odometer by now. the car is quite fast although it is in its original settings ( no chip) 300 hp seemed to be a lot some years ago where chasis of the car werent though nor ready for that kind of power. now 300 hp seem to be standard power and cars will behave in a ver composed way and will handle the power effortless, this is why we get used to the performance so quick, im sure it has to be with the drama which is lacking by now inthis cars. we need more power to feel that extreme getting into the limit and walking over the edge feeling. what about 390 hp with 450 nm in the car ? that would ad some drama im sure. this is what we will be able to get if we chip the car with mtms new performance pack.

Im not chipping the car just yet , i will wait and be sure the car will not suffer any consequences , lets ask ourselves how many cars have we had that with its original setting get to 62 in 4.8 secs and your granny could be next to you not even noticing.

Perhaps you should have bought an R8!!!

And a few weeks later, you would be needing more power.. lol.. thats the magic of it..we always need a bit more... which is the whole point of it !..

Reactions: s33nyboy12
Aswell as my a3 I have an e46 BMW m3 roughly 342bhp and I'd say because its RWD you don't get bored of the power as quick, it puts your heart in your throat as the rear starts to lose traction and you actually have to drive the car to control it..... With my old s3 and my friends current stage 2 s3 which are just as fast as the m3 but feel a little boring at times and needing more power!

With any car you will get use to it, my dad has had an r8 4.2 , a Maserati gran turismo mc sport , and a jaguar xkr-s and he got bored of them within 6 months of owning each of them saying he got used to the power and got bored of just sitting in traffic in them wasting fuel or sat on average speed camera roads.

So the question is realistically how much power do you really need on uk roads? The new s3 for me is a good all rounder , good power, good specs, reasonable mpg and as easy to drive as a normal a3. As I'm getting bored of running more than one car Iam considering selling both and just getting an s3 8v or giving my mrs the a3 8v tdi and me having the new s3.....

Mans brain: more power = better :)

Sean

Reactions: Flugel Hound