EM TuningSky Insurance
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Delete model designation

Neutral

Status

Delete model designation

Hi,

what is a delete model Designation,sounds like something more useful ?

Thanks
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered
    A3 Saloon S-line 1 4 cod S-Tronic, Misano Red, B & O ,Comfort package, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding and heated,Electric lumbar support, mono.pur. Interior lighting package,Privacy glass,S line sports
    suspension,Technology package,Alcantara / leather, Tyre pressure loss indicator,. Freebies So Far, Gap Insurance, 1 yrs Free Service, Rubber Mats all Round, Astrays, Set Of Tech Leads.

2. # ADS
    ADS

5th Gear

Status
    It removes the model badges from the back of the car
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Deleting model designation just removes the 'A3' signage from the boot-lid.

Deleting engine technology means removing the signage denoting which engine is under the bonet, (either TFSI or TDI).
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

Neutral

Status
    Deleting rear badges from boot lid makes sense,it's one less thing to get ripped off by a thief

it eliminates the hassle of cleaning dirt/built up wax from around the script, and looks neat.
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered
    A3 Saloon S-line 1 4 cod S-Tronic, Misano Red, B & O ,Comfort package, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding and heated,Electric lumbar support, mono.pur. Interior lighting package,Privacy glass,S line sports
    suspension,Technology package,Alcantara / leather, Tyre pressure loss indicator,. Freebies So Far, Gap Insurance, 1 yrs Free Service, Rubber Mats all Round, Astrays, Set Of Tech Leads.

5th Gear

Status
    Photo of mine with both model and engine badges deleted:

P1000279.jpg

As said above, makes cleaning a lot easier!
    M_D_O_London likes this.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Must admit - was an oversight of mine when I ordered that I neglected to tick the delete options. Does look cleaner without.
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by mjcourtney View Post
    Photo of mine with both model and engine badges deleted:

P1000279.jpg

As said above, makes cleaning a lot easier!
    Absolutely brilliant many thanks for the picture, looks very neat removing the badge leaves the average Joe unable to recognise the higher more expensive models. The logic is a basic model attracts less unwanted attention.

I have nine days left to remove/add extras ,before the built date is locked.
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered

5th Gear

Status
    Or everyone knows that you've got the cheap one and taken the badges off because you're ashamed of it?

This was very common with BMWs in the early 2000s when people bought 320i's and put the 17" wheels from the 328i/330i and tried to fool everyone as they had the same twin chrome exhaust. Those in the know though could tell from the lack of headlamp washers and rain sensor... (and silver headlamp inners)... "geek alert", sorry.
    Joetidman likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

6th Gear

Status
    Why bother unless you are ashamed.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    If you like the cleaner look of no badging, great!!!! It's my car, do what you want
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    I don't think many owner's are opting to remove the badges out of shame on an Audi any longer since the have removed they engine capacity on the newer models. It's generally a praticality thing or personal aesthetic preference now.

Except maybe a few petrol heads who are ashamed of having an oil burner
    M_D_O_London likes this.
    A3 1.4tfsi CoD Saloon Stron Sline - Misano Red & 19's
    Advanced Key, Mag Ride, Parking Plus, B&O Sound, Driver Assist Pack, Extended Mono Interior, Super Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Int Lighting, LED Headlights, Prog Steering, Reversing Cam, Tech Pack - High.

Neutral

Status
    Each to their own, of course. Clean look at the back does look nice.

Now a silver S3 debadged (with the optional S-Line style wheels) .... chrome mirror caps would blend in with the body colour .... that would be a very cool Q-Car, (unless you viewed from the back - in which case the 4 exhaust would give the game away). Am sure many would disagree no doubt!
    Oyster likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    since the have removed they engine capacity on the newer models
    S3?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    S3?
    Good point Sir, good point well made.
    Advanced Key, Mag Ride, Parking Plus, B&O Sound, Driver Assist Pack, Extended Mono Interior, Super Sport Seats, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Int Lighting, LED Headlights, Prog Steering, Reversing Cam, Tech Pack - High.

1st Gear

Status
    Didn't everyone get the memo that you are only allowed to order pilot approved specs nowadays? Sheesh guys!!!
    cemerson and Joetidman like this.
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status
    Does ticking this option make any difference on an S3?

5th Gear

Status
    the only option for the S3 is model deletion, not engine technology deletion.

1st Gear

Status
    I've ticked both delete options - I hate waxing/cleaning around badges. Mine's an S line 184 quattro - so it's not cos I'm embarrassed of having a base model...

1st Gear

Status
    I took the Audi badges off mine and stuck those awesome Halfraud "turbo" and ////////M Sport ones on it...

Chicks love it, Chavs know the power and don't mess...and I look kewwwwwwwwl... it's a winner all round

PilotAudi likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I think it is those who remove their badges then put on something else, like '16v', or 'efi' that are the chavs of the world....
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

6th Gear

Status
    Looks too bare without for me, but I can see why people would for cleaning/practical purposes.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

BGS
    1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Looks too bare without for me, but I can see why people would for cleaning/practical purposes.
    Left mine on for similar reasons. As I have gone for a red car I think the back of the car being red with red tail lights might look a bit featureless, particularly on a saloon without the larger window to compensate.

3rd Gear

Status
    What next de- wiper the rear? Hate that look, it looks pants. Imo
    cemerson likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    I wouldn't take the S3 badge off mine to be honest. Its not as is Audi's are really in-your-face on styling as it is, and will be proud of my car. I'll have to learn to detail around the 1 inch badge when cleaning I guess...
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    the only option for the S3 is model deletion, not engine technology deletion.
    Can we delete the 4 exhaust pipes and replace with a single one???
    Battlekrapz likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Only if you give us permission. Have a word with your best mate at the dealers... I'm sure he will sort you out
    the_lecht_rocks likes this.
    Using Tapatalk

3rd Gear

Status
    It's designed WITH the badge on, the option is available to remove it, however, does this not question Audi's design team efforts in makin a perfectly beautiful car. If I were head of design I'd it an insult if someone wanted to remove the badge of car I designed.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robo1million View Post
    Only if you give us permission. Have a word with your best mate at the dealers... I'm sure he will sort you out
    Don't be an ass.

Btw I went for the model designation only .

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Don't be an ass.
    Wasn't talking to you so back off.
    Using Tapatalk

2nd Gear

Status
    No need to be aggressive towards fellow forum members.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

3rd Gear

Status
    Don't BMW have an option where you can add an M or M3 badge?

They must have as I've seen plenty, quite a common thing on those with blacked out windows.
    Steeve

1st Gear

Status
    I took th engine technology from my last car. I dont really think it has any value any more. They dont know if you have the fast diesel or slow petrol.

Still had the old A1 badge, as I wanted people to know it was an A1. It also had the Sline badge on the wing, not sure if I did or didn like that.

Now I have an S3 it looks even more suited to just having the model. Also if you look in the brochure, the cars dont have engine tech bages
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    fast diesel???? fast diesel?? lol that can't be right??

Do you mean those annoying ones that block the outside lane then leave black smoke everywhere when they try to move at a pace slower than continental drift?

lol
    Cumbrian_bob likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    You could, it's not like a 2 litre, 4 pot engine needs 4 tail-pipes, one each side would have more than sufficed.
    All it is is a visual attempt to differentiate the S3 from the other cars in the A3 range (they do all look similar, especially in certain colours that don't show the S3's more aggressive lines).

I like the option to delete, far easier to clean.
    Didn't take it this time as the S3 badge is small and discrete anyway, and being my daily will be allowed to get dirty.
    Last edited by CraigI; 18th January 2014 at 07:48.

6th Gear

Status
    For those who weren't clear the above post was meant to be a joke!

2nd Gear

Status
    For those who weren't clear the above post was meant to be a joke!
    What's funny is that you have to explain when you've made a joke............
    I actually find a lot of your posts funny, but not in the laughing with you kind of way.........

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    What's funny is that you have to explain when you've made a joke............
    Your post 34 seems not to have picked up on that fact!

Move on.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_cueball View Post
    fast diesel???? fast diesel?? lol that can't be right??

Do you mean those annoying ones that block the outside lane then leave black smoke everywhere when they try to move at a pace slower than continental drift?

lol
    A nostalgic post Mr Ball. Modern diesels are no longer like that Audi even race them at Le Mans.
    the_cueball likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    no they don't.... diesel angers the car gods... shhhhhhh.... ;-) lol

1st Gear

Status
    My wife didn't care about the badges. I think the rear of the car looks bare without any. Though I didn't see any point putting TDI, or TFSI for that matter. So her car will just say A3. Don't have any problem cleaning - just use a noodle mitt.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast