A3 Saloon - What car best Executive car 2014!

Think it should say under c£30k personally I would rather have a 7 or 8 than a 3 as an Executive car!

Think it should say under c£30k personally I would rather have a 7 or 8 than a 3 as an Executive car!

There are different categories. The 5-series won at the price you're talking about, but the A3 saloon one the cheaper category and was the overall winner

If I did 500 miles a day, I'd want a helicopter ;)

Reactions: McAudi and BGS
Agree but needs must at times. Last few years I've been doing 5 am wake up calls and 150+ miles to get to client by 730/800. I would not want to do it on a regular basis in an A/S 3... Bigger is better for regular long trips IMHO . Fortunately my work is now local and an S3 is fine!

I was thinking about posting up about the saloon being the junior executive car of the year as well. It is a good choice because many are downsizing their cars these days. The saloon is receiving many awards because out of the whole a3 range it is the best looking model and is unique to that class of car. The saloon also shows that are some of us that are not just sheep buying yet another hatchback, or is that a estate? Good for Audi for taking the risk to sell it in the UK...

The saloon is viewed as the best looking model by those folks who (guess what) have ordered a saloon . Sorry I don't buy that one !

Reactions: BGS
The saloon is viewed as the best looking model by those folks who (guess what) have ordered a saloon . Sorry I don't buy that one !

I think it would be odd if someone finds a car "best looking" and order something else

Yes, I think the problem was it being stated as a fact rather than opinion... It's probably the worst looking to me!

Reactions: PilotAudi

Wrong, if you look at the reviews of motoring journalists Luke Madden of Auto Express and Bob Flavin of Next Gear on You Tube they both say the saloon is the nicest looking derivative of the A3 and they have no axe to grind.

It is of course down to personal opinion and I was about to order a Sportback last April until I was shown pictures of the Saloon which I personally think is far nicer.

I will post up links to the reviews that state the saloon is the best looking car in the range. If it wasn't for the saloon I wouldn't look at a A3 at all and audi would have lost a customer. I couldn't buy anything as ugly as the sportback which has too much of a resembalance to the previous model and in black, with roof rails, resembles a hearse..

I don't know how my rather positive thread about an 8V A3 went so down hill!

Cheer up chaps, its friday at least

Reactions: cuke2u and BGS
I think it would be odd if someone finds a car "best looking" and order something else

My wife and I both prefer the looks of the saloon, but she ordered the sportback as the boot is more practical for her work. Also, it is available in SE spec. Hopefully the SE seats are more comfortable. The 16 inch alloys, in my experience, are more comfortable, quieter and offer a better choice of winter and touring tyres.