Monster MotorsportJMB Retrofits
Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: Who collects on 1st March 14?

5th Gear

Status

Who collects on 1st March 14?

With so much talk about cars being delivered to dealers early etc, who is actually now going to collect on March 1st. March 2nd will be a busy day on the forums!!

I have decided to collect my S3 on 1st March and I think we're heading into deep Wales for the weekend.

And you?
    Sandra likes this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2. # ADS
    ADS

6th Gear

Status
    Nope, as soon as mine gets here the sooner I will be collecting it...
    BGS likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

2nd Gear

Status
    Me hoping to get down early on the 1st

1st Gear

Status
    Me on the 1st.

Won't be posting on here for months after that!

Neutral

Status
    Cars early....that would be magic, I was build week 5, changed my suspension to Sport and got moved to 8
    Just got rid of a nasty Focus (1.6 ecobost and didn't like it at all) and am now pinching my little bro's and old mums cars until mine arrives estimated mid March. My first Audi and March can't roll around quick enough. It's my birthday on the 4th so I asked my dealer to make it a special one and pull some strings. I ordered late October for Early March. Not complaining because I'm the bugger that found the options list gives more options than I know what to do with! Fingers tightly crossed

Banned

Status
    Hoping for 1 March.. Sold big Audi barge and wife's A3... Can't wait until 1 March but as it's a private purchase will wait a couple of weeks after it arrives at dealer eta early/mid Feb.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Hoping for 1 March.. Sold big Audi barge and wife's A3... Can't wait until 1 March but as it's a private purchase will wait a couple of weeks after it arrives at dealer eta early/mid Feb.
    1st March for me.......

Which dealer have you ordered through PilotAudi........noticed your location SW......I have ordered through Bristol Audi ??

Neutral

Status
    Me me me! Can't wait for the 1st March!

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Danner3342 View Post
    1st March for me.......

Which dealer have you ordered through PilotAudi........noticed your location SW......I have ordered through Bristol Audi ??
    Same.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Build week 6 (moved fwd from wk 7) and quoted early March delivery. Hoping that means the 1st!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dazzaiki View Post
    Build week 6 (moved fwd from wk 7) and quoted early March delivery. Hoping that means the 1st!
    We might be on the same boat Dazzaiki (literally) - MY A3 is also week 6
    Dazzaiki likes this.

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    With so much talk about cars being delivered to dealers early etc, who is actually now going to collect on March 1st. March 2nd will be a busy day on the forums!!

I have decided to collect my S3 on 1st March and I think we're heading into deep Wales for the weekend.

And you?
    Will congrats on your delivery date off 1st of march, time has flown past. Not long to go, cant wait to see the pics. x
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

Neutral

Status
    1st March for me too.

With so many people wanting to collect their new A3 on 1st March, would it be necessary to book in a time slot to do the handover?

And with a higher volume of people collecting their car on the 1st, would the Audi salesman spend less time than usual doing the handover knowing there's a queue of people waiting for the handover? How long does the handover typically take?
    On Order: A3 1.4 COD 140 BHP Sportback, S-Line, Manual, Alfami White, Aluminium Roof Rails, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Package, Rear Acoustic Parking System, SD Card Sat Nav, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Spare Wheel And Breakdown Kit.

Neutral

Status
    I could collect on the 1st but decided the 24th i would be in a financially beneficial position for collecting. So looking forward to 14 though.
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

4th Gear

Status
    2nd March. At work on 1st and can't book it off. Still 14!

3rd Gear

Status
    mine has arrived in Aberdeen apparently. We will be picking it up on March 1st, unless we decide to stay in the Haute Savoie for a few more weeks in March dependant on the increasing snow conditions

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ahfh1 View Post
    1st March for me too.

With so many people wanting to collect their new A3 on 1st March, would it be necessary to book in a time slot to do the handover?

And with a higher volume of people collecting their car on the 1st, would the Audi salesman spend less time than usual doing the handover knowing there's a queue of people waiting for the handover? How long does the handover typically take?
    Handover can take up to two hoursor more. Depending on trade in, finance package, work done before hand, insurance options, any additional attempts to sell you things (GAP or tyre insurance), explanation of how the new car works, introducation to the servicing team, your chance to check the vehicel for acceptance or condition and options on the car.

Your dealer should let you know the time slot to pick up the car, this would happen for a normal day so they can make sure they are there to see you and hand the car over. Time slots will be even more important for 1st March as it must be near chaos with so many cars from A1 to R8

Happy car pickup day
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

5th Gear

Status
    I've got the the first handover slot possible booked at my dealer on the 1st. Have already had a good look round the car so don't need anything explaining to me and only need to do paperwork but might see if I can go up the week before to sign as much as i can to make it even easier on the day.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    Mine is just about at the dealers. March 1st or 2nd/3rd here

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was originally build week 4 for March 1st pick up (I booked the 1st off work... ) but for some reason it went to week 8! Now pick up probably mid March. :-( At least I'll get more time on handover - salesman already has 8 cars going out on 1st!

1st Gear

Status
    I for one will be going in the week before to sort out money transfers and sign any paperwork.

I don't want a 2 hour hand over, I want to walk in and drive away.

I'll learn any new tech as I go along.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan_G View Post
    I for one will be going in the week before to sort out money transfers and sign any paperwork.

I don't want a 2 hour hand over, I want to walk in and drive away.

I'll learn any new tech as I go along.

Haha I'll probably do the same! I don't want to hang around the car dealership longer than I have to....I'll just want to drive!
    On Order: A3 1.4 COD 140 BHP Sportback, S-Line, Manual, Alfami White, Aluminium Roof Rails, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Package, Rear Acoustic Parking System, SD Card Sat Nav, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Spare Wheel And Breakdown Kit.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Fingers crossed for a 1st of march handover. Sinclair audi swansea.

4th Gear

Status
    Cymru am byth!
    sman and MA3RC like this.

Neutral

Status
    I can't decide to be honest. Mine is being built this week with a delivery date of 10th Feb estimated. I could collect it then or wait until March 1st for the new plate. Thing is, I intend to keep the car a good few years so not sure how much of a difference having a 14 plate will make. Saying that, it's only an extra 3 weeks wait.
    Audi A3 Saloon 1.4 COD TFSI, S-Line, Daytona Grey, SD based Sat Nav, Comfort Pack with parking system plus, privacy glass.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Anyone know once the car arrives at the dealership what is the average turnaround time before its prepped and ready to be driven out the door?

5th Gear

Status
    Can be within a couple of days if they need it to be..

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by the_lecht_rocks View Post
    mine has arrived in Aberdeen apparently. We will be picking it up on March 1st, unless we decide to stay in the Haute Savoie for a few more weeks in March dependant on the increasing snow conditions
    Are you away skiing somewhere? Nice.
    Don't think you've mentioned it.................
    VeeDubDan and J6YAK like this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Are you away skiing somewhere? Nice.
    Don't think you've mentioned it.................
    8V S3; Sportback, S-Tronic, Monsoon Grey, Aluminium Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Supersport Seats, Comfort Pack, Technology Pack High, Bang & Olufsen, Folding, Dimming Mirrors, Interior Light Pack, Extended Mono.Pur, Parking System Plus, Reversing Camera, Rear Side Airbags, Reversible Boot Mat, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Hold Assist

1st Gear

Status
    Mine too from Audi Derby! Already counting down the days.... Tootling around in a 1.2 corsa since my Astra VXR was handed back for refund in November has been difficult. Got the 3/4/5 of March booked off too and heading off for a golf/spa holiday with the missus so will get a chance to have a good drive in it!
    Using Tapatalk

1st Gear

Status
    I'm hoping to :D build week 3 for my A3 (Being built as we speak) so long as no delays then I'll be down Audi March 1st

5th Gear

Status
    Robo - what build week / delivery date to derby are you expecting? Who's you're sales person?

1st Gear

Status
    I think build week was 5 and my sales guy is Mark Inman, he has said it will be there for start of march... Better had be!! What about you mate?
    Using Tapatalk

5th Gear

Status
    My car is there now (build week 1). I'm dealing with Sam

1st Gear

Status
    You been over to have a look yet?
    Using Tapatalk

5th Gear

Status
    Of course! Actually been twice, first time it was filthy as just come off the transporter but second time (wife was test driving an r8) they'd given it a quick wash and it looked great!

6th Gear

Status
    Collecting mine next sat (25/1) :-)
    CraigI likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow Vincent Hill On Twitter
    I think 1st of March will be the busiest day. I am too waiting for the same.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Of course! Actually been twice, first time it was filthy as just come off the transporter but second time (wife was test driving an r8) they'd given it a quick wash and it looked great!
    Your wife was test driving an R8 yet you have only gone for the S3??
    Using Tapatalk

5th Gear

Status
    Yeah I know. R8 test drive was a birthday treat as it's her dream car. We could have got an early v8 coupe but not really a daily runner.

Page 1 of 18 1234567811 ... LastLast