Who collects on 1st March 14?

Itguy

Reaction score
With so much talk about cars being delivered to dealers early etc, who is actually now going to collect on March 1st. March 2nd will be a busy day on the forums!!

I have decided to collect my S3 on 1st March and I think we're heading into deep Wales for the weekend.

And you?

Reactions: Sandra
Nope, as soon as mine gets here the sooner I will be collecting it...

Reactions: BGS
Cars early....that would be magic, I was build week 5, changed my suspension to Sport and got moved to 8 :(
Just got rid of a nasty Focus (1.6 ecobost and didn't like it at all) and am now pinching my little bro's and old mums cars until mine arrives estimated mid March. My first Audi and March can't roll around quick enough. It's my birthday on the 4th so I asked my dealer to make it a special one and pull some strings. I ordered late October for Early March. Not complaining because I'm the ****** that found the options list gives more options than I know what to do with! Fingers tightly crossed

Hoping for 1 March.. Sold big Audi barge and wife's A3... Can't wait until 1 March but as it's a private purchase will wait a couple of weeks after it arrives at dealer eta early/mid Feb.

Hoping for 1 March.. Sold big Audi barge and wife's A3... Can't wait until 1 March but as it's a private purchase will wait a couple of weeks after it arrives at dealer eta early/mid Feb.

1st March for me.......

Which dealer have you ordered through PilotAudi........noticed your location SW......I have ordered through Bristol Audi ??

Build week 6 (moved fwd from wk 7) and quoted early March delivery. Hoping that means the 1st!

Build week 6 (moved fwd from wk 7) and quoted early March delivery. Hoping that means the 1st!

We might be on the same boat Dazzaiki (literally) - MY A3 is also week 6 :)

Reactions: Dazzaiki
With so much talk about cars being delivered to dealers early etc, who is actually now going to collect on March 1st. March 2nd will be a busy day on the forums!!

I have decided to collect my S3 on 1st March and I think we're heading into deep Wales for the weekend.

And you?

Will congrats on your delivery date off 1st of march, time has flown past. Not long to go, cant wait to see the pics. :) x

1st March for me too.

With so many people wanting to collect their new A3 on 1st March, would it be necessary to book in a time slot to do the handover?

And with a higher volume of people collecting their car on the 1st, would the Audi salesman spend less time than usual doing the handover knowing there's a queue of people waiting for the handover? How long does the handover typically take?

I could collect on the 1st but decided the 24th i would be in a financially beneficial position for collecting. So looking forward to 14 though.

2nd March. At work on 1st and can't book it off. Still 14!

mine has arrived in Aberdeen apparently. We will be picking it up on March 1st, unless we decide to stay in the Haute Savoie for a few more weeks in March dependant on the increasing snow conditions :)

1st March for me too.

With so many people wanting to collect their new A3 on 1st March, would it be necessary to book in a time slot to do the handover?

And with a higher volume of people collecting their car on the 1st, would the Audi salesman spend less time than usual doing the handover knowing there's a queue of people waiting for the handover? How long does the handover typically take?

Handover can take up to two hoursor more. Depending on trade in, finance package, work done before hand, insurance options, any additional attempts to sell you things (GAP or tyre insurance), explanation of how the new car works, introducation to the servicing team, your chance to check the vehicel for acceptance or condition and options on the car.

Your dealer should let you know the time slot to pick up the car, this would happen for a normal day so they can make sure they are there to see you and hand the car over. Time slots will be even more important for 1st March as it must be near chaos with so many cars from A1 to R8

Happy car pickup day

I've got the the first handover slot possible booked at my dealer on the 1st. Have already had a good look round the car so don't need anything explaining to me and only need to do paperwork but might see if I can go up the week before to sign as much as i can to make it even easier on the day.

Mine was originally build week 4 for March 1st pick up (I booked the 1st off work... ) but for some reason it went to week 8! Now pick up probably mid March. :-( At least I'll get more time on handover - salesman already has 8 cars going out on 1st!

I for one will be going in the week before to sort out money transfers and sign any paperwork.

I don't want a 2 hour hand over, I want to walk in and drive away.

I'll learn any new tech as I go along.

;)

I for one will be going in the week before to sort out money transfers and sign any paperwork.

I don't want a 2 hour hand over, I want to walk in and drive away.

I'll learn any new tech as I go along.

;)

Haha I'll probably do the same! I don't want to hang around the car dealership longer than I have to....I'll just want to drive!

Fingers crossed for a 1st of march handover. Sinclair audi swansea.

I can't decide to be honest. Mine is being built this week with a delivery date of 10th Feb estimated. I could collect it then or wait until March 1st for the new plate. Thing is, I intend to keep the car a good few years so not sure how much of a difference having a 14 plate will make. Saying that, it's only an extra 3 weeks wait.

Anyone know once the car arrives at the dealership what is the average turnaround time before its prepped and ready to be driven out the door?

mine has arrived in Aberdeen apparently. We will be picking it up on March 1st, unless we decide to stay in the Haute Savoie for a few more weeks in March dependant on the increasing snow conditions :)

Are you away skiing somewhere? Nice.
Don't think you've mentioned it.................

Reactions: J6YAK and VeeDubDan
Mine too from Audi Derby! Already counting down the days.... Tootling around in a 1.2 corsa since my Astra VXR was handed back for refund in November has been difficult. Got the 3/4/5 of March booked off too and heading off for a golf/spa holiday with the missus so will get a chance to have a good drive in it!

I'm hoping to :D build week 3 for my A3 (Being built as we speak) so long as no delays then I'll be down Audi March 1st

Robo - what build week / delivery date to derby are you expecting? Who's you're sales person?

Of course! Actually been twice, first time it was filthy as just come off the transporter but second time (wife was test driving an r8) they'd given it a quick wash and it looked great!

Yeah I know. R8 test drive was a birthday treat as it's her dream car. We could have got an early v8 coupe but not really a daily runner.