Sky InsuranceMonster Motorsport
Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: Who collects on 1st March 14?

1st Gear

Status
    Now that my car is still in Emden and chances for early collection are virtually nil this thread is really starting to irritate me ^^

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Now that my car is still in Emden and chances for early collection are virtually nil this thread is really starting to irritate me ^^
    Same situation here, I feel your pain!!!! Been at the docks a week!
    Anarch likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    There must be a big backlog there or something. Mine was at the dealer within 2 weeks of being built, but it was delivered there in jan.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    There must be a big backlog there or something. Mine was at the dealer within 2 weeks of being built, but it was delivered there in jan.
    I'd imagine so, its March delivery after all. Just got to learn to be patient
    PilotAudi likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Just finished an email trail with my sales chap at Derby. I'm booked in for 8am sharp - car will be in showroom/handover bay and the FIRST in the queue to leave - good man.

Going over Monday morning to do all paperwork etc so should be good to go.

Never had a new car on the first day of the new registration... Closest I ever got was a new Fiat Seicento Sporting Arbarth (S reg) on the 20th August 1998. I felt like the dogs-doodahs in that. Yellow of course. I was 18.
    Funny how my salesman has also told me the same!!! Those pesky little blighters!!! See you there 8AM sharp anyways!!!
    Using Tapatalk

5th Gear

Status
    Lol, bloody salesmen. We'll be there, bags packed ready for Wales.

Good job yours is red, otherwise we might get mixed up!!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    What's everyone's plans when they collect their cars?

1st Gear

Status
    Dealer emailed me yesterday to tell me my cars being built in week 11, does that mean I could have my car by end of April?

Reverse Gear

Status
    Just recieved an email from the dealer saying my cars being built in build week 8 which is this week I presume? The car was originally being built in week 10. Does this mean im looking at early march delivery?

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was build week 8 too. Estimated delivery w/c 10th March.
    rajeevx5 likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Lol, bloody salesmen. We'll be there, bags packed ready for Wales.

Good job yours is red, otherwise we might get mixed up!!
    Just wanted to go for a colour that wouldn't draw too much attention :P

Quote Originally Posted by RVP20 View Post
    What's everyone's plans when they collect their cars?
    Me and the Mrs are off for a few days golf and spa after picking up... Nice couple of hours drive through mixture of different road types will be nice!!
    Using Tapatalk

Reverse Gear

Status
    Well......went to sign my papers today at Audi Glasgow and they are doing a midnight pickup! So I have now changed may pickup from 9am on the first to midnight. I have been advised to arrive just before eleven to check the car and go over controls. Very excited!! Apparently there are 22 cars being pickup at midnight. Any of you guys....
    On order due March, build week 7 from Glasgow Audi. 1.4cod S-line. Comfort pack, interior light package, folding mirrors, tinted windows, no smoking pack, Daytona grey. Previous cars...Saxo 1.4, Astra 1.8, Celica T sport, Mk5 Golf GT, Passat estate 2.0TFSI, Mk6 Golf GT 2.0tdi. Now carless until March 2014.

Quote Originally Posted by 81llyh View Post
    Dealer emailed me yesterday to tell me my cars being built in week 11, does that mean I could have my car by end of April?
    As week 11 is week beginning 10 March I would say it will be at the dealers in early or mid April allowing 4 weeks from Build to dealer. Sometimes it can be less. I even know 2 weeks.
    81llyh likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Quote Originally Posted by rajeevx5 View Post
    Just recieved an email from the dealer saying my cars being built in build week 8 which is this week I presume? The car was originally being built in week 10. Does this mean im looking at early march delivery?
    My car is currently week 12 (unconfirmed as yet) but hopefully mine will move forward as well.
    rajeevx5 likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Yep week 8 finishes tomorrow and week 9 commences on monday.
    rajeevx5 likes this.
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

Reverse Gear

Status
    How long does it take for the car to reach the dealer from factory on average?
    A3 1.4 tfsi S-line, Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack

Neutral

Status
    Appointment booked for noon on 1st March. I'll probably ask if I can turn up an hour earlier so I can inspect the car.
    On Order: A3 1.4 COD 140 BHP Sportback, S-Line, Manual, Alfami White, Aluminium Roof Rails, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Package, Rear Acoustic Parking System, SD Card Sat Nav, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Spare Wheel And Breakdown Kit.

How long does it take for the car to reach the dealer from factory on average?
    Normally around 3 weeks, but can be 2 or 4 weeks depending on shipping schedule and delivery from the port to the dealer schedule. Cars normally leave the factory by train to Emden the same or next day they are built.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Me and the Mrs are off for a few days golf and spa after picking up... Nice couple of hours drive through mixture of different road types will be nice!![/QUOTE]

Ah very nice!!! So you will have plenty of time to drive about and keep the mrs happy 👍

Banned

Status
    6. Miore sleeps ... Well 5 I'm nearly asleep now!
    MA3RC likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Booked in for collection of my new s3 on the 1st. I asked about the £399 fixed service plan and the salesman said not to bother. He was quite dismissive of it and said I was better off on the long life service schedule. Annual mileage will be about 10k a year and this car will be probably be a keeper. Was a little surprised to be honest.
    Audi S3 Sportback 8V
    VCDS HEX+USB+CAN - Sussex, Surrey, Hampshire, London

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by visionthing View Post
    Booked in for collection of my new s3 on the 1st. I asked about the £399 fixed service plan and the salesman said not to bother. He was quite dismissive of it and said I was better off on the long life service schedule. Annual mileage will be about 10k a year and this car will be probably be a keeper. Was a little surprised to be honest.
    I got told the very same thing by my dealer.

5th Gear

Status
    Is anyone else doing the "there's not another X before I collect my car" game. Ie, not another Saturday night, or is it just me!?
    robo1million likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I just looked at the Calender and had that exact thought hahaha, no way are we the only ones....

Neutral

Status
    Do you know how much you will be paying for each service as part of the long life service?

Also how frequently will each service be?

I've gone for the £399 plan but may cancel it if I can be convinced otherwise.
    On Order: A3 1.4 COD 140 BHP Sportback, S-Line, Manual, Alfami White, Aluminium Roof Rails, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Package, Rear Acoustic Parking System, SD Card Sat Nav, Folding Door Mirrors, Heated Seats, Hold Assist, Spare Wheel And Breakdown Kit.

Two more ships loads of cars on they way to the UK for anyone still wait to be notified that their car has arrived.

VIKING CONSTANZ - ETA SHEERNESS 23:00 23/2
    AFRICAN HIGHWAY - ETA GRIMSBY 10:15 24/2
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone gone with audi insurance after the free 7 days? Anyone recommend them?

Quote Originally Posted by ahfh1 View Post
    Do you know how much you will be paying for each service as part of the long life service?

Also how frequently will each service be?

I've gone for the £399 plan but may cancel it if I can be convinced otherwise.
    I had the first long-life service on my current 8P Sportback in July 2013 at 18,529 miles and the total cost was £304.99.

All of my previous A3s have been on long-life service and this has been required between 18k and 19k miles, but it can depend on the type of driving you do. A lot of short journeys and it may come round sooner.

As I will be trading-in my 8P for the new 8V I have on order and my current mileage is 24k my car will not need another service before it is no longer mine. A lot depends on the number of miles you do because there is a 3 year/30k miles limit on the Service Plan so in my case I would only ever get one full long-life service within the the 30k miles. Based on the current figures I would loose out by £95.
    Dave R (h5djr)

From quotes I've had from them in the past they seen expensive. I should get some quotes on-line to see who works out the best.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Haha nope! Quoted three times premium with twice the excess compared to what I will be paying elsewhere. The 7 days free is always handy and they allow two other named drivers for free but I don't think they expect anyone to really use them after that...
    Using Tapatalk

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by robo1million View Post
    Haha nope! Quoted three times premium with twice the excess compared to what I will be paying elsewhere. The 7 days free is always handy and they allow two other named drivers for free but I don't think they expect anyone to really use them after that...
    Same experience, I can insure the three cars we have and take out GAP for two of them for the price quoted by Audi Insurance to insure the S3 alone.
    PilotAudi likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Same experience, I can insure the three cars we have and take out GAP for two of them for the price quoted by Audi Insurance to insure the S3 alone.
    Audi were cheapest for me by a fair bit. £400 all in for two people aged 28 & 27. 1 x SP30 and 2 windscreen claims. 6 years no claims for the Mrs (windscreens are mine).
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

2nd Gear

Status
    Audi were cheapest for me on my 8P but haven't been quoted on the 8V yet
    Arrived - 8V A3 1.4tfsi COD S-Line Sportback S-Tronic, Daytona Grey, Audi Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Light & Rain Sensor, Alu Roof Rails, Privacy Glass, Non Smokers Pack, Deletion of model & technology.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Have used Audi 7 day cover several times and have always been amazed at how uncompetitive they have been.. Too much faff even to bother with 7 day cover.

The only advantage of the Audi 7 day cover is that it allows the dealer to register the car without requiring to see the new owners Insurance Certificate. This, of course, has to be an Insurance Certificate with the new vehicle's registration number.

Not a problem in my case as both my existing and the new vehicle will have the same registration number
    Just a quick phone call to the insurance company to tell them the details of the new car. No need for them to send me a new Certificate.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Banned

Status
    Well that sure doesn't sell me to the idea of PP's. My Insurer has just sent the paperwork to the dealer electronically!

I bet your Insurer is getting used to you 1. Vehicle A3, 2. Colour Silver, 3.Engine size 2.0...4. Reg no.. Oh sorry I've forgotten :-0 don't you get bored?

1st Gear

Status
    What are the benefits of being with audi insurance over other companies?

3rd Gear

Status
    Your car will go to your local Audi dealer for repairs and genuine parts etc will be used. Had a windscreen repair last year and Autoglass used proper genuine part and even the seals came in original packaging. If you have ever used Autoglass you may know they use cheap versions a lot of the time.

I was caught out quite badly few years ago with MoreThan where bonnet on my MINI JCW was resprayed after some stray masonry fell on it during high winds. The bonnet stripes were some cheap copy that peeled off after a couple of washes, the chrome grill surround kept coming loose (was a cheap copy) and overall it was just a poor job etc. It was some dodgy place in Bristol owned by MoreThan - took 3 weeks for the repair also.

Ever since I have just preferred to have an insurance policy where I have a bit more control on where it gets repaired.
    Last edited by Pulp84; 23rd February 2014 at 16:22.
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

None at all. They just seem to work out expensive although they do say all repairs will be done by an Audi approved work and/or body shop, but you can always insist on this with other insurers.

If you really want to ensure that all work is done by Audi, there is also a product sold by Audi Insurance called Audi Ensurance. This means Audi Ensurance will pay any extra for using Audi if your own company refuse to pay for Audi to do the work. It may be that the cost of a normal insurance and Audi Ensurance together will work out cheaper than full insurance through Audi Insurance. Have a look at their website
    https://www.insurewithaudi.co.uk/Products/Ensurance/

It all depends on the quotes you can get for your normal insurance. By all means try Audi, but they do normally seem to work out quite expensive.
    Last edited by h5djr; 23rd February 2014 at 16:25.
    Dave R (h5djr)

5th Gear

Status
    I've got the 7 day free cover , only because it is free and makes things simple for me. Their quote was 2.5x my standard insurer but I like the benefits of Audi own repair etc etc.