Monster MotorsportVolks Autos
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131417 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: Who collects on 1st March 14?

5th Gear

Status
    A sister car, all ready and waiting !!!

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Baldyone View Post
    Marine shipping app now downloaded on my iPhone. I'm quite relaxed and it gets here when it gets here now (as long as it's early March lol) but this apps great fun. Currently stalking all named ships into Emden.
    The full list of ships to look out for leaving Emden is:
    African Highway - not sure
    Schelde Highway - 750 cars
    Wasser Highway - 750
    EMS Highway - 850
    Isar Highway - 850
    Neckar Highway - 850
    Main Highway - 850
    Elbe Highway - 1600
    Seine Highway - 1600
    Thames Highway - 1600
    all named after rivers....

Together with
    Viking Constanz - 1500
    Viking Odessa - 1500

It generally takes around 22 hours from Emden to the UK port. I started researching the ships used, where they left from and where and when they arrived when I bought my current 8P back in March 2012. I even went out to Grimsby for the day and watched a couple of the ships coming in to Grimsby harbour. That was quite fun because the ship come forwards in the harbour and then does a 180 degree turn in a relatively narrow channel so that it can have it's rear doors against the end of the dock for unloading. I have some photos so if any other 'nerd' wants to see what happens send me a PM with your email address and I will send you copies.
    Baldyone likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The full list of ships to look out for leaving Emden is:
    African Highway - not sure
    Schelde Highway - 750 cars
    Wasser Highway - 750
    EMS Highway - 850
    Isar Highway - 850
    Neckar Highway - 850
    Main Highway - 850
    Elbe Highway - 1600
    Seine Highway - 1600
    Thames Highway - 1600
    all named after rivers....

Together with
    Viking Constanz - 1500
    Viking Odessa - 1500

It generally takes around 22 hours from Emden to the UK port. I started researching the ships used, where they left from and where and when they arrived when I bought my current 8P back in March 2012. I even went out to Grimsby for the day and watched a couple of the ships coming in to Grimsby harbour. That was quite fun because the ship come forwards in the harbour and then does a 180 degree turn in a relatively narrow channel so that it can have it's rear doors against the end of the dock for unloading. I have some photos so if any other 'nerd' wants to see what happens send me a PM with your email address and I will send you copies.
    My car came across from Emden to Tyne on the 'City of Paris', I also know that the 'City of Rome' carries Audis from Emden to Tyne aswell.
    2014 - S3 3dr S-tronic, Glacier White, Black styling pack, Advanced key, Super sports seats, LED headlights, Interior lighting package, B&O system, Tech pack, Comfort pack, reversing camera, Cruise control, Light and rain sensor, Parking system plus, Privacy Glass.

Quote Originally Posted by Scotty2011 View Post
    My car came across from Emden to Tyne on the 'City of Paris', I also know that the 'City of Rome' carries Audis from Emden to Tyne aswell.
    Two more ships to add to the list...

City of Paris is actually docked in Tyne at the moment, so another load of cars for you guys in the North and Scotland.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Two more ships to add to the list...

City of Paris is actually docked in Tyne at the moment, so another load of cars for you guys in the North and Scotland.
    which app is this info on?

Quote Originally Posted by titleist007 View Post
    which app is this info on?
    All the information comes from a website: Live Ships Map - AIS - Vessel Traffic and Positions - AIS Marine Traffic

You can choose ports and ships by name and find out their current location and see the position on a map.

If you register as a member, which does not cost anything, you can also save up to nine ships to 'My fleet' which makes them easier to find. Also if you do this you can get emails about the Arrivals and Departures related to the ships in 'My fleet'.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post

Wow that is smart!! Have you got the car already?

5th Gear

Status
    ^ Haha, no it's not mine, its just a random snap from a Golf forum.
    The car is sitting at the dealership, having been PDI'd.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

5th Gear

Status
    It does look smart. The golf r lines are nice and sharp
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Just to keep things up to date, another ship, City of Sunderland arrive in TYNE from Emden yesterday evening with another load of cars for the North and Scotland. Yours may be one of them.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    Not nicking your role here h5Djr but Viking Constanza just left Emden for Sheerness

Banned

Status
    Hopefully no Titanic moments for all you 'boat spotters'.
    lloydie1994 and Baldyone like this.

Not nicking your role here h5Djr but Viking Constanza just left Emden for Sheerness
    Feel free. Because I'm registered with the Marine Traffic website I can set up my own fleet but as it's a free registration it only allows nine ships. For those nine ships I get an automatic email whenever the leave or arrive at a port. So I have all the Highway ships in "My fleet" but none of the others.

When I get some emails it says one of the "Highways" has just arrive at some port that I've never heard of. It's then I go to Google Maps and type in the name to find out where it is. They certainly travel around a bit delivering Volkswagen Group cars all over the place.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    Don't even joke about it lol. 4months of waiting for it to end up under the sea!!! My first concern would of course be for the crew but the car would be a very close second

Neutral

Status
    Feel free. Because I'm registered with the Marine Traffic website I can set up my own fleet but as it's a free registration it only allows nine ships. For those nine ships I get an automatic email whenever the leave or arrive at a port. So I have all the Highway ships in "My fleet" but none of the others.

When I get some emails it says one of the "Highways" has just arrive at some port that I've never heard of. It's then I go to Google Maps and type in the name to find out where it is. They certainly travel around a bit delivering Volkswagen Group cars all over the place.
    I've taken your lead and done exactly the same watching the ship names you gave in an earlier post. The magic of the Internet eh

Neutral

Status
    will be watching very closely for ships this week, especially as my car is built this week!
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

Don't even joke about it lol. 4months of waiting for it to end up under the sea!!! My first concern would of course be for the crew but the car would be a very close second
    If I remember correctly some years ago a ship with 2,800 BMWs sank in the English Channel off Ramsgate.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Quote Originally Posted by lloydie1994 View Post
    will be watching very closely for ships this week, especially as my car is built this week!
    Don't get too excited - You may be a bit early. Remember it still has to be built and then go by special train from Ingolstadt to Emden. It then has to be driven on to a ship. It may not be made until Friday! I would think next week or the following week would be more likely. I assume as you are in Cornwall your car will be coming in to Sheerness assuming you are using a local dealer.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Well changing tack a bit, got my new thule wingbars delivered today ready for my new S3. Nice bits of kit.

Also got my chrome ringed 12v socket plug ready too.

Anyone else been buying things ready for 1st March?
    I got the smarter 12v socket plug too - as well as new pressure washer and snow foam lance etc. But my main efforts have gone into trying to finish off my self build new detached garage especially made for my new wheels !

Darned weather hasn't helped but although it won't be all fully appointed in time - I am on track to be able to get my new car inside and protected from the elements
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

6th Gear

Status
    It takes quite a while to go from the factory onto a ship, mine was about 2 weeks I think from build date to getting on a ship over here!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    Mine was 12 days

1st Gear

Status
    Mine was about a week from end of its build week to Emden docks - then very quickly over to Sheerness but unless there has been an update today it's still at Sheerness waiting to head south west. Still on track for very early March collection though.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

1st Gear

Status
    I've got a message from my dealer - our car (build wk 6) is currently waiting in Emden and it might take 2-3 weeks before it gets here :/

Neutral

Status
    Dealer said it should be here ready to collect on 3rd march his words. - Taken with a pinch of salt :D
    Last edited by lloydie1994; 17th February 2014 at 17:57.
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

Neutral

Status
    Just had an update from the dealership, S3 is in the UK. The first few days of March for collection looks like a possibility now
    PilotAudi likes this.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Nonsense.
    Minimal to no difference.
    Order of importance as follows (most important at top):

Year
    Mileage
    Condition
    Colour
    Options
    Plate

It's worth so little after three years that it's not even worth waiting 2 weeks for.
    And any minimal difference it might make can be removed by lower mileage, better condition.
    not true, the plate will have a bigger impact than you think.
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

3rd Gear

Status
    picking mine up on 1st march and its going straight to a car hifi place to have my blackvue car camera plumbed i....old age is making me lazy I know as I installed it myself in my current car
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

Neutral

Status
    If I remember correctly some years ago a ship with 2,800 BMWs sank in the English Channel off Ramsgate.
    A quick google shows your memory to be good
    Ship carrying thousands of cars sinks in the Channel | Mail Online

Fingers crossed for no fog then everyone still waiting

Another load of cars on their way to Grimsby on Schelde Highway. ETA 18:15 on the 18th.
    Dave R (h5djr)

4th Gear

Status

That looks very nice and love the colour.
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

5th Gear

Status
    ^ Lapiz Blue

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    I've got a message from my dealer - our car (build wk 6) is currently waiting in Emden and it might take 2-3 weeks before it gets here :/
    I was build wk 6 and mine is sat in the port, arrived safely Sunday on the City of Sunderland.

4th Gear

Status
    ^ Lapiz Blue

Niice ... got a touch of 'estoril' tint to it
    2013 (63) Audi S5 coupe estoril blue black edition

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Anarch View Post
    Dealer rang me today my car build wk 6 is still in Emden - probably be here beginning of March
    Anarch likes this.
    Estoril Blue S3 ordered Dec2013. Build week 6. Expected mid March
    extras - Audi sound system - folding mirrors - tyre pressure monitor - comfort pack - parking aids front and rear - SD sat nav system - cruise control.

ISAR HIGHWAY has just left Emden with another load of cars bound for Grimsby. ETA Grimsby 18:45 19/2.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    I've just been down my dealership to sign all the finance off and there was a little surprise waiting for me :D EXCITED isn't the word! They let me start her up but wouldn't allow me to have a cheeky drive

PilotAudi, Itguy and Baldyone like this.

Neutral

Status
    Just had it confirmed my Car will be with the dealer Friday, booked to go in and sort the paperwork then quick collection on the 1st at 08:30 with another 40 ish 14 plate shiny new Audi's
    PilotAudi likes this.

5th Gear

Status
    I'm going in on the 24th to sign my paperwork and stuff. Going to see if I can blag a quick drive of their new s3 demo too
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    Sneaked a quick look at mine on Sunday. It was in the undercover storage area and the guy backed it out for a closer look. Has had all of the transport protection removed and been prepped but as its indoors I don't have such a problem (would be annoyed if it was outdoors!).

Couldn't wait to see the car but kind of wished I had just waited until 1 March as I've sort of ruined the surprise!
    Build Week 3: S3 Sportback - Estoril Blue, SuperSport Seats, Comfort Pack, Tech Pack High, B&O, Int Light Pack, Adv Key, Ext Mono Pur, Privacy Glass, Rev Camera, TPM, Pano Roof, LED Headlights, Alu Rails, Parking Plus, ACC, Fold/Dim Mirrors & Hold Assist

Neutral

Status
    You've done the right thing. What if you'd waited until the 1st then found the car had something wrong like the wrong options fitted, then you'd have had an unpleasant surprise.