Monster MotorsportAH Fabrications
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst 12345678910111215 ... LastLast
Like Tree369Likes

Thread: Who collects on 1st March 14?

1st Gear

Status
    Not long till people are getting their cars....I take it they will be delivered to dealers soon but would anyone be affected by floods? Do cars arrive in ports down in the south where flooding is occurring? Even worse people collecting cars from dealers affected by floods?

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by RVP20 View Post
    Not long till people are getting their cars....I take it they will be delivered to dealers soon but would anyone be affected by floods? Do cars arrive in ports down in the south where flooding is occurring? Even worse people collecting cars from dealers affected by floods?
    I think the only port that might be affected is Sheerness. Grimsby and Tyne seem to be well away from any flooding or coastal storms. I just hope no dealers or their storage areas are affected.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Mjs
    Reverse Gear

Status
    Mine's in Oxford having it's PDI. Being delivered on 4th March. Day off work I think!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Had confirmation that my car was built (wk 6) and is on its way to Emden. Not confirmed yet though if it will be ready for 1st March. Hopefully one those car carrying ships are on its way to Emden to pick up in next day or so!

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I think the only port that might be affected is Sheerness. Grimsby and Tyne seem to be well away from any flooding or coastal storms. I just hope no dealers or their storage areas are affected.
    Here here!! Which dealers will be effected by sheerness?

5th Gear

Status
    Went up to Derby yesterday to take one final look before the 1st. Car looks great and no marks on it that I can see. Held up my new Quattro rear window vinyl cut logo to see how it would look against the tints. Will be nice and subtle, perfect.

As I was leaving a chap collared me and and asked me where I got it because he wanted one for his RS5 he was collecting yesterday.

Saw a few other S3s in the car park too, all with 14 plates on them now!

Robo, I saw your red sportback, looks lovely mate. It's got a reg!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Went up to Derby yesterday to take one final look before the 1st. Car looks great and no marks on it that I can see. Held up my new Quattro rear window vinyl cut logo to see how it would look against the tints. Will be nice and subtle, perfect.

As I was leaving a chap collared me and and asked me where I got it because he wanted one for his RS5 he was collecting yesterday.

Nice one!! Weather looks ok today so I think I'm gonna deffo go over! They gave me the list to pick my plate when I went up the other day... There was nothing worth getting excited about though!!! Picked that one as I thought it was easy to remember....
    Using Tapatalk

Here here!! Which dealers will be effected by sheerness?
    Normally Sheerness is used for dealers in Southern England and possibly as far as the South West. I wonder if any dealers in those areas are having problems. I'm sure they would have moved their cars before any flooding.

Some years ago I took delivery of an A3 from a dealer in St Ives in Cambridgeshire. To get planning permission for this building they had to build it so that the floor level was about 1200mm above ground level. When I went past a few days later their building was like a castle with a moat of water all around! Fortunately they had already moved all their cars to higher ground but the only way for any staff to get to the building was by boat.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post

What's this Quattro vinyl sticker like then?
    S3 Sportback S-Tronic - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Built week 17. Arrived 17/05/14. Wow......just wow

5th Gear

Status
    Number plate now allocated!!! It's getting closer. 450hrs to go!!
    PilotAudi, Sandra and robo1million like this.
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    What's this Quattro vinyl sticker like then?
    600mm wide vinyl cut graphite coloured window transfer to go on the inside of the rear screen at the top.

Prefect size and reasonably subtle due to the window tints.

Bought from Audi Stickers: audi decals, quattro graphics, audi dope

6th Gear

Status
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

1st Gear

Status
    Picking up on the night of the 28th February - should drive out of dealers at 00.01 Hrs.

18 days and a handful of hours now....
    PilotAudi and Mjs like this.

Neutral

Status
    After months of waiting my build week is finally here
    .....Now for more waiting.
    Watched a YouTube film of the assembly line in the plant over the weekend (I think I need hitting on the head with a wooden spoon to snap me out of this!) and got all a quiver. Even considered a cherished plate as a gift to myself (Hi Pilot....lol) but so far, decided I have better things to spend £250 - £400 on, at the mo at least.

Looking forward to dealer updates this week.
    PilotAudi likes this.

Banned

Status
    Good to hear Baldy

Enjoy.

I'm going bald too but apparently it's a sign of virility? Must ask the old wife !
    Baldyone likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hey Dan. What garage is opening at midnight? Do they all do that?
    On order due March, build week 7 from Glasgow Audi. 1.4cod S-line. Comfort pack, interior light package, folding mirrors, tinted windows, no smoking pack, Daytona grey. Previous cars...Saxo 1.4, Astra 1.8, Celica T sport, Mk5 Golf GT, Passat estate 2.0TFSI, Mk6 Golf GT 2.0tdi. Now carless until March 2014.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Jazzhighlander View Post
    Hey Dan. What garage is opening at midnight? Do they all do that?
    Epsom? That's who I've ordered from and they were talking about doing this but haven't confirmed whether or not it's going ahead yet.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'll need to see if Glasgow Audi are going to do this!
    On order due March, build week 7 from Glasgow Audi. 1.4cod S-line. Comfort pack, interior light package, folding mirrors, tinted windows, no smoking pack, Daytona grey. Previous cars...Saxo 1.4, Astra 1.8, Celica T sport, Mk5 Golf GT, Passat estate 2.0TFSI, Mk6 Golf GT 2.0tdi. Now carless until March 2014.

Neutral

Status
    I am getting my A3 Sportback Sline 1.4COD in Daytona Grey on the 1st. Basingstoke Audi doing the midnight driveaway which I'm going to. Pay all the stuff and sign during the day then turn up at 11pm for some light entertainment and food / drink then all drive away at 12! Can't wait.
    Jazzhighlander and Baldyone like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Has anyone who is picking up their new Audi on 01st March been asked to visit the dealer the last week of Feb to go through the finance paperwork? I am purchasing my car on a PPC and have a cash balance to pay. I thought that you only signed to accept the car and sign the finance paperwork when you actually collected the car, which is the 01st March. Is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks

Neutral

Status
    I am paying the day before as they have 50 odd cars going out the door at midnight then another 20 odd the next day.
    dizzyheights likes this.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyheights View Post
    Has anyone who is picking up their new Audi on 01st March been asked to visit the dealer the last week of Feb to go through the finance paperwork? I am purchasing my car on a PPC and have a cash balance to pay. I thought that you only signed to accept the car and sign the finance paperwork when you actually collected the car, which is the 01st March. Is my dealer trying to pull a fast one?

Thanks
    I paid for mine a few days before back in August. Presumably you've paid the deposit when you ordered, and you can get a receipt, so what's the difference? Pay on credit card if you are concerned and you're protected.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I paid for mine a few days before back in August. Presumably you've paid the deposit when you ordered, and you can get a receipt, so what's the difference? Pay on credit card if you are concerned and you're protected.
    I'm not sure that most dealers will accept a credit card for the cost of a new car because it will cost them too much in fees. Mine is happy to accept credit card payment for the deposit but for the final payment. Debit card should be no problem though.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Quote Originally Posted by cpettigrew View Post
    I am paying the day before as they have 50 odd cars going out the door at midnight then another 20 odd the next day.
    That's one of the problems with having a new car on 1st March or 1sr September. Personally I prefer to collect mine when it's only mine that is being collected. More personal service.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Neutral

Status
    Just spoke to dealer today and car should be able to collect the week commencing 3rd March, honestly cant wait now.
    2014 Audi A3 1.4 TFSI S Line Glacier White

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzyheights View Post

Thanks
    I don't think my car will be here for the 1st, but I went into the dealers yesterday to start the cherished plate transfer and whilst I was there, I signed up all the finance paperwork. I thought it saves time nearer pickup and because the pickup date is within the month, I got what I thought was a cracking deal on my PX, so went for it!!

1st Gear

Status
    Has anyone been given a choice of registration numbers for their new car? Or is it what the dealer gives you?

Has anyone been given a choice of registration numbers for their new car? Or is it what the dealer gives you?
    I think some people have been given a choice out of those that have been allocated to their dealer.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    I was just given a random one. But I'll be putting my private plate on so it doesn't make much difference to me

1st Gear

Status
    Ah right. I take it you can't change it once the dealer allocates you a reg?

1st Gear

Status
    I wouldn't have thought so as the car is then registered.

Quote Originally Posted by MA3RC View Post
    I was just given a random one. But I'll be putting my private plate on so it doesn't make much difference to me
    Same here but my dealer will register the new car directly with my private plate and will only get a 'normal' number when I sell it. I put my number on retention and just give the Retention Certificate to the dealer and that allows him to register it with H5DJR.
    Dave R (h5djr)

1st Gear

Status
    What's the cheapest reg plate? Is £399 the cheapest through DVLA?

5th Gear

Status
    I was emailed a screenshot of all of the options for my car. Must have been a list 30 long, plenty of choice. No real nice ones but I got something that means something to me.

1st Gear

Status
    I had a choice of only 4 reg plates from my dealer -a lot of their allocation list had already been allocated to cars already at the dealership and my car is still en route - but none of the plates looked aesthetically pleasing - I might be mad but some letter combinations just look odd to me.
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

1st Gear

Status
    Cheapest I have seen on DVLA website is £250 but it seems any "14" plate is £399
    2014 S3 Sportback, S-tronic, Estoril Blue, LED Headlights, Privacy Glass, Super Sport Seats, Extended mono.pur interior, Panoramic Roof, B & O Sound, Tech Pack/Phone prep High with Audi Connect, Side/Lane & Hold Assist, (incls HB assist and Speed Limit Display) Int light pack, Comfort pack, Advanced Key, Adaptive Cruise, Park System Plus, Reverse Cam, Audi Pre-Sense, Dim/heat/fold mirrors, TP monitor, Through Load, 5 yr Warranty & 3 yr Service plan!

Banned

Status
    Choose one from a choice at your dealer. They are free!

1st Gear

Status
    i was told build week 8.
    when is that? about now i think from what i read ages ago.
    2nd week of march delivery apprently, but ive not had any cofirmation from the dealer yet
    Build week 8: S3 SB, S-Tronic, Glacier, SS Seats, Comfort, Park Plus, Camera, Cruise, Tech Pack High, Pano Roof, Keyless, B&O, Pur, Privacy, Black Inlays, LED Light Pack, Through Load, Silver Rails, Folding Mirrors, Pressure Monitor,

1st Gear

Status
    Just had a call from the dealer asking if I wanted to do a midnight collection. Had to say yes as they also stated that they will not be doing any collections during the day on Saturday the 1st.
    PilotAudi likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by d8ean View Post
    i was told build week 8.
    when is that? about now i think from what i read ages ago.
    2nd week of march delivery apprently, but ive not had any cofirmation from the dealer yet
    Build week 8 starts on Monday 17 February.
    d8ean likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)