8P to 8V roofbars with Integrated roof rails. HELP please

PilotAudi

Reaction score
Hi folks

We have a set of Roof Bars used on several old A3 8P cars with integrated rails. Has anyone here moved from an 8P to an 8V and tried to fit the 8P bars? It looks like they might fit but if anyone has tried it please let me know.

Don't want to buy new if I can avoid it but will need some 3 days after the car arrives on 1 MArch!

Thanks

BUMP

Does anyone know?

Hi folks

We have a set of Roof Bars used on several old A3 8P cars with integrated rails. Has anyone here moved from an 8P to an 8V and tried to fit the 8P bars? It looks like they might fit but if anyone has tried it please let me know.

Don't want to buy new if I can avoid it but will need some 3 days after the car arrives on 1 MArch!

Thanks

Isn't this a resurrection of this thread?

Thule Roof Bars

Yes Johnny but no real definite informed responses!

Post hash 6 I state... 'looks like it might fit then'... Does anyone know for sure as only 6 weeks away now and I need some bars on 4 March. Dealer doesn't have car I can try my bars on!

Yes Johnny but no real definite informed responses!

Post hash 6 I state... 'looks like it might fit then'... Does anyone know for sure as only 6 weeks away now and I need some bars on 4 March. Dealer doesn't have car I can try my bars on!

The two part numbers are almost the same - 8P9 071 151 and 8V4 071 151 and there is only 20mm difference between the overall width of an 8P compared with the 8V. Are your existing bars adjustable for width?

Reactions: PilotAudi
The two part numbers are almost the same - 8P9 071 151 and 8V4 071 151 and there is only 20mm difference between the overall width of an 8P compared with the 8V. Are your existing bars adjustable for width?

Thanks Dave.. a man with numbers is always useful.

The bars we have are Thule which we bought for my wife's first SportBack with integrated rails in March 2005. They fitted a 2006 A4, a 2008 A£SB 8P and her last 2011 8PSB. They do adjust a bit so fingers crossed. I also have a never used set with Thule Wing Bars and fitments for an Audi A7 (£200 worth!), never driven with them on as in the end moved kids with a van! Might try and eBay these and get latest version in the summer.

Thanks again Dave!

Furniture.... managed to borrow a van!

The 8P Thule bars appear to fit the 8V also despite having a different part number, Kit 4035 for 2014 8V and Kit 4014 for 8P.

Tried on 2 8V's one an S Line with alu rails, one an S3 with Black... seemed a marginally better fit on the S3 but surely the bars should be identical bar the colour.

Last edited:
Sorry, don't mean to be a pedant. When you say you tried it on 2 8P's was that a typo? Did you mean 8V's?

Thanks Dave.. a man with numbers is always useful.

The bars we have are Thule which we bought for my wife's first SportBack with integrated rails in March 2005. They fitted a 2006 A4, a 2008 A£SB 8P and her last 2011 8PSB. They do adjust a bit so fingers crossed. I also have a never used set with Thule Wing Bars and fitments for an Audi A7 (£200 worth!), never driven with them on as in the end moved kids with a van! Might try and eBay these and get latest version in the summer.

Thanks again Dave!

Hope the child protection service don't hear about that:unsure:

Reactions: PilotAudi