Volks AutosJMB Retrofits
Results 1 to 12 of 12
Like Tree5Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr
  • 3 Post By Leeber
  • 1 Post By royalsteve68

Thread: 8P to 8V roofbars with Integrated roof rails. HELP please

  1. #1
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353

    8P to 8V roofbars with Integrated roof rails. HELP please

    Hi folks

    We have a set of Roof Bars used on several old A3 8P cars with integrated rails. Has anyone here moved from an 8P to an 8V and tried to fit the 8P bars? It looks like they might fit but if anyone has tried it please let me know.

    Don't want to buy new if I can avoid it but will need some 3 days after the car arrives on 1 MArch!

    Thanks

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #2
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    BUMP

    Does anyone know?

    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Hi folks

    We have a set of Roof Bars used on several old A3 8P cars with integrated rails. Has anyone here moved from an 8P to an 8V and tried to fit the 8P bars? It looks like they might fit but if anyone has tried it please let me know.

    Don't want to buy new if I can avoid it but will need some 3 days after the car arrives on 1 MArch!

    Thanks

  4. #3
    JohnnyM100's Avatar
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Hampshire/Surrey border
    Posts
    461
    Isn't this a resurrection of this thread?

    Thule Roof Bars
    Enjoying my 8V

  5. #4
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyM100 View Post
    Isn't this a resurrection of this thread?

    Thule Roof Bars
    Yes Johnny but no real definite informed responses!

    Post hash 6 I state... 'looks like it might fit then'... Does anyone know for sure as only 6 weeks away now and I need some bars on 4 March. Dealer doesn't have car I can try my bars on!

  6. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Yes Johnny but no real definite informed responses!

    Post hash 6 I state... 'looks like it might fit then'... Does anyone know for sure as only 6 weeks away now and I need some bars on 4 March. Dealer doesn't have car I can try my bars on!
    The two part numbers are almost the same - 8P9 071 151 and 8V4 071 151 and there is only 20mm difference between the overall width of an 8P compared with the 8V. Are your existing bars adjustable for width?
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  7. #6
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The two part numbers are almost the same - 8P9 071 151 and 8V4 071 151 and there is only 20mm difference between the overall width of an 8P compared with the 8V. Are your existing bars adjustable for width?
    Thanks Dave.. a man with numbers is always useful.

    The bars we have are Thule which we bought for my wife's first SportBack with integrated rails in March 2005. They fitted a 2006 A4, a 2008 A£SB 8P and her last 2011 8PSB. They do adjust a bit so fingers crossed. I also have a never used set with Thule Wing Bars and fitments for an Audi A7 (£200 worth!), never driven with them on as in the end moved kids with a van! Might try and eBay these and get latest version in the summer.

    Thanks again Dave!

  8. #7
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    in the end moved kids with a van!
    I love the idea of putting my kids on the roof, how were you planning on tying them down?
    warren_S5, J6YAK and PilotAudi like this.

  9. #8
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Furniture.... managed to borrow a van!

  10. #9
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Furniture.... managed to borrow a van!
    The 8P Thule bars appear to fit the 8V also despite having a different part number, Kit 4035 for 2014 8V and Kit 4014 for 8P.

    Tried on 2 8V's one an S Line with alu rails, one an S3 with Black... seemed a marginally better fit on the S3 but surely the bars should be identical bar the colour.
    Last edited by PilotAudi; 9th February 2014 at 10:15.

  11. #10
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Horsham
    Posts
    225
    Sorry, don't mean to be a pedant. When you say you tried it on 2 8P's was that a typo? Did you mean 8V's?

  12. #11
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Quote Originally Posted by Leeber View Post
    Sorry, don't mean to be a pedant. When you say you tried it on 2 8P's was that a typo? Did you mean 8V's?
    Yes New 8V's sorry!

  13. #12
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    668
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Thanks Dave.. a man with numbers is always useful.

    The bars we have are Thule which we bought for my wife's first SportBack with integrated rails in March 2005. They fitted a 2006 A4, a 2008 A£SB 8P and her last 2011 8PSB. They do adjust a bit so fingers crossed. I also have a never used set with Thule Wing Bars and fitments for an Audi A7 (£200 worth!), never driven with them on as in the end moved kids with a van! Might try and eBay these and get latest version in the summer.

    Thanks again Dave!
    Hope the child protection service don't hear about that
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

 

 

Similar Threads

  1. Audi A4 2007 Cabriolet - roof problems... help please!
    By jordan_audi_2012 in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 10th March 2014, 13:34
  2. Can someone with power folding mirrors help please......
    By chasdrury in forum A4/A4 cabriolet/S4 forum(B6 chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 11th June 2012, 18:31
  3. Roof spoiler help please
    By paddy in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 9th November 2009, 11:56
  4. Black edition , with chrome roof rails opinions please ?
    By crypric23 in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 25th August 2009, 00:42
  5. Rack for Sportback with Roof Rails?
    By d2mini in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 29th November 2007, 01:19

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO