MMI and Android Phones

jernau

Reaction score
I'm hopefully getting my new A3 Sportback delivered next week, it's just got the standard MMi system and I wondered if it's possible to play music from my Nexus 5 (recently got rid of my iPhone) from a hardwired mmi cable rather than via bluetooth? I have seen MMI to micro USB cables on ebay but not sure if they will work?

Many Thanks

As long as your phone can connect to USB with the mass storage mode you should be able to, but no idea on whether the nexus 5 can do that.

Doesn't work with my HTC one X sadly as it doesn't support mass storage mode.

I put all of my music onto SD card instead as I find it much easier to manage.

I can try it tomorrow as I've got the nexus 5 as well. why dont you want to use BT? Its amazing in my eyes. No stuttering, no lag, works anywhere without any cables tied down to the handset?

Can eat battery though, and you won't be able to select tracks through the folder interface.

I've not actually tried my phone with a cable though, maybe the MTP will work as well.

Can eat battery though, and you won't be able to select tracks through the folder interface.

I've not actually tried my phone with a cable though, maybe the MTP will work as well.

The nexus 5 does have a really good battery life compared to most other phones due to the architecture of the CPU abling to reduce speed. I leave my BT and drive my car with the music on for about 45 mins in total and still have about 40% left to use before charging. Not tried selecting tracks through the folder interface but I use Spotify and reprogram the * button on the steering wheel to skip the next track. I have my playlist on shuffle all the time.

I think i'm right in saying that most phones reduce the bit rate of the music they send over BT, so of ultimate quality direct connection or use of the SD cards would be a preference.