Volks AutosBadger5
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree14Likes

Thread: A3 1.4tfSI 140 Sport or A3 2.0TDI SE

Banned

Status
    Absolutely Mr Guy. Reckon Se & leather lease would be same/similar to sport.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    The cost of leather on the SE is £1115 but it appears the lease costs are cheaper than the Sport as you dont have the climate control, 17" alloys sports seats, Audi drive select and more chrome than a Harley

5th Gear

Status
    Ok - here are some comparisons (pcp admittedly, but you get the idea).

Car Finance. Cheap finance for new and used cars

1st, 2.0tdi A3 SE Sportback no options

2.0tdi SE.JPG

2nd, 2.0tdi A3 SE Sportback with leather (and you need to add storage pack too, can't have leather without)

2.0tdi SE+leather.JPG

3rd, 2.0tdi A3 Sport Sportback no options

2.0tdi Sport.JPG
    Last edited by Itguy; 18th January 2014 at 21:19. Reason: updated sport figures to have the same deposit as the others
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    Yes, I've been there historically. When I first started a job without a company car I thought it would be awful, but now I really favour not having to dance around the boss to get a slightly nicer car when it comes time to change.

Well that's good that you haven't had those things so won't miss them - SE should be good then. Surely though the cost of adding leather in the SE would be more than just having a Sport? (not looked at the brochure cost but leather on an SE must be £££?)
    The Milano leather option is the same (£1,115) on both an SE and a Sport. The sport has the cheaper option of Alacantra/leather which is £795.

The extra cost of a Sport over an SE is £1,225 but if you add the option missing from the SE that are standard on the Sport they come out to be the same price. - 17" wheels (£495), climate control(£390), colour DIS(£120), Audi Drive select(£220) = £1,225.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Neutral

Status
    Well the car is on order, the company just has to pass all the credit checks

Neutral

Status
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 150 Sport now on order , Basic standard red with just rear sensors added

Thanks to Audi Listers Worcester
    PilotAudi, cemerson and Psyman79 like this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    well done! sport so much worthwhile over se

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by neil stait View Post
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI 150 Sport now on order , Basic standard red with just rear sensors added

Thanks to Audi Listers Worcester
    Great, that seemed a painful process! You should do what I did a few years ago and volunteer to develop and run the company car scheme.

5th Gear

Status
    Great news - how did you manage it? Dealer discount / residuals work out better on the sport or have you had to put your hand in your pocket to fund a monthly difference?
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

Neutral

Status
    My comapny went to a few independant lease companies that quoted around £280.00 for the Sport version and £250.00 for the SE Version

I advised Listers I had £250.00 to spend but I did not like the SE as it had a stripped out look compared with the Sport , they quoted me £280.00 on the Saturday for the Sport then emailed me on the Monday with a £250.00 offer
    h5djr, PilotAudi and cemerson like this.

Banned

Status
    That's great news Neil. I have always found Listers in Worcester to be very professional...

Neutral

Status
    I found them very good , the car has been ordered two weeks and I am still waiting for Parklands of Gloucester and Cotswold BMW to return my calls from a month ago

Listers were professional and extremely helpful
    PilotAudi likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Looking like a June delivery

Banned

Status
    Great stuff Neil!

Reverse Gear

Status
    I know you've already chosen, but thought I would chime in for future reference in case anyone else is looking at the thread.

I chose the opposite (1.4 COD vs. the 150ps Diesel) - having test driven both, I found the petrol more refined, just as quick (I've never been one to mistake the initial diesel rush of torque for overall speed, but can see how it appeals to many folk - just a personal preference one way or the other).

My main decider was, as a company car, the 1.4 COD worked out less expensive, both in the value of the car and also the monthly tax due to the lower emissions on the 1.4 s-tronic and the fuel type itself (in fact - the diesel was around £26 a month extra in tax with the same options on both vehicles - over the four years a saving of over £1200).

I also factored in the amount of miles I am likely to do - I don't do much over 12,000 a year and the trip to work and back is only around 5 miles each way - so fuel wise (my company does not pay for fuel) the Diesel would have cost even more over the 4 year period that I'll have the car for.

I guess if I had *really* preferred the extra torque then I may have considered the diesel a little more, but probably not - would rather have the extra money to spend on other toys

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123