Phone accessibility with tech pack high and audi connect

Palacemads3

Reaction score
Hi, when I took out an s3 prior to ordering mine last week I noticed that on the mmi screen there was an option to select messages. I'm assuming this is to be able to read messages from your mobile that you may receive whilst driving on the screen. Has anyone had any experience yet of doing this? And if so what phone have you been using? I've had it suggested to me that an I phone might not allow you to do this. I need a new phone and would like to know as it may effect what phone I get.

Thanks

The message function does not work with my 5S. :(

it should work on your 5S, but only to read messages you receive while in the car. You need to activate notifications in the bluetooth settings of your phone then restart the phone.
In the bluetooth settings of the mmi, go to your phone and choose to connect messages. it should work.

Reactions: Silky-S3
it should work on your 5S, but only to read messages you receive while in the car. You need to activate notifications in the bluetooth settings of your phone then restart the phone.
In the bluetooth settings of the mmi, go to your phone and choose to connect messages. it should work.

Really? Ill try that inow :)

if it doesn't I propose I give you my 4S and you give me your 5S :ninja:

to respond to the OP, what iphone do you have ?

You sir are man! Works great now! People on here said that messages don't work with iPhones. What do they know!

Thanks!

if it doesn't I propose I give you my 4S and you give me your 5S :ninja:

to respond to the OP, what iphone do you have ?

I have a 4s at the moment but the battery is really horrendous. I've had I phones for the past few years but would have considered getting an android if you couldn't do this. Does the car read the messages out thy you receive whilst driving? It would seem pretty unnecessary to read out older messages. Is it something that you use much?

I have a 4s at the moment but the battery is really horrendous. I've had I phones for the past few years but would have considered getting an android if you couldn't do this. Does the car read the messages out thy you receive whilst driving? It would seem pretty unnecessary to read out older messages. Is it something that you use much?

car makes a bip then you can go to messages to read or you can have the car read it for you.
With certain phones, you can even reply by voice recognition but it doesn't work with my phone.

The voice recognition is really impressive, have used it loads of times to send texts and it rarely makes mistakes (you can edit any it does make before sending too)

It should do, it's a higher spec phone than mine.

Something that niggles me that I was reminded of today... you can't seem to dictate a text message as a reply to a message in the messages section, you have to go through the whole process of choosing someone from your directory - and of course if they aren't in your directory, you can't text them. Bit of a pain.

If you try to reply using the MMI controls, you can only use one of the built in templates - the 'do not use a template' option is greyed out when driving. I couldn't seem to make it want to let me dictate a reply using any voice controls either (dictate reply isn't one of the options in the menu on screen either).

The message option works with my Nexus 5. I've only tried replying when stopped, so can't tell you if the option was greyed out for me when moving.

Does this require techpack or is it on the standard MMI?

Messages on MMI requires Tech Pack or Tech Pack with Connect

But basic phone bluetooth connectivity for voice and address book all available on non Tech Pack.

Last edited: