JMB RetrofitsVolks Autos
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By snowfree52
  • 1 Post By cuke2u

Thread: Phone accessibility with tech pack high and audi connect

Neutral

Status

Phone accessibility with tech pack high and audi connect

Hi, when I took out an s3 prior to ordering mine last week I noticed that on the mmi screen there was an option to select messages. I'm assuming this is to be able to read messages from your mobile that you may receive whilst driving on the screen. Has anyone had any experience yet of doing this? And if so what phone have you been using? I've had it suggested to me that an I phone might not allow you to do this. I need a new phone and would like to know as it may effect what phone I get.

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    The message function does not work with my 5S.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Full LED baby !

Status
    it should work on your 5S, but only to read messages you receive while in the car. You need to activate notifications in the bluetooth settings of your phone then restart the phone.
    In the bluetooth settings of the mmi, go to your phone and choose to connect messages. it should work.
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    it should work on your 5S, but only to read messages you receive while in the car. You need to activate notifications in the bluetooth settings of your phone then restart the phone.
    In the bluetooth settings of the mmi, go to your phone and choose to connect messages. it should work.
    Really? Ill try that inow
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Full LED baby !

Status
    if it doesn't I propose I give you my 4S and you give me your 5S

to respond to the OP, what iphone do you have ?
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    You sir are man! Works great now! People on here said that messages don't work with iPhones. What do they know!

Thanks!

Build Thread Here!

Full LED baby !

Status
    I'm glad I could help you !
    Porsche BBK...

Neutral

Status
    if it doesn't I propose I give you my 4S and you give me your 5S

to respond to the OP, what iphone do you have ?

I have a 4s at the moment but the battery is really horrendous. I've had I phones for the past few years but would have considered getting an android if you couldn't do this. Does the car read the messages out thy you receive whilst driving? It would seem pretty unnecessary to read out older messages. Is it something that you use much?

6th Gear

Status
    You can see what your phone can/can't do here Audi Datenbank fr mobile Gerte
    snowfree52 likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Full LED baby !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Palacemads3 View Post
    I have a 4s at the moment but the battery is really horrendous. I've had I phones for the past few years but would have considered getting an android if you couldn't do this. Does the car read the messages out thy you receive whilst driving? It would seem pretty unnecessary to read out older messages. Is it something that you use much?

car makes a bip then you can go to messages to read or you can have the car read it for you.
    With certain phones, you can even reply by voice recognition but it doesn't work with my phone.
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    The voice recognition is really impressive, have used it loads of times to send texts and it rarely makes mistakes (you can edit any it does make before sending too)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Will Whatsapp messages work?
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

6th Gear

Status
    I highly doubt it.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I highly doubt it.
    Booooooo
    On Order - Audi S3 SB S-tronic, Estoril Blue, Black Alcantara Leather, Aluminium Roof Rails, Advance Key, ACC, LED Lights, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Non-Smoking Pack, Parking System Plus, Reverse Camera, B+O Sound System, Electric Folding Mirrors, Privacy Glass, Electric Lumbar + Adjustable Seats, High Beam Assist, Hill Hold, Load Through, Tyre Pressure Monitor, Tech Pack High with Audi Connect!!!

Provisional Build Week 4!

Neutral

Status
    All sounds good, what type if phone are you using it with Cemerson?

6th Gear

Status
    Galaxy Note 2

Neutral

Status
    Anyone know if all this works with a galaxy s4?

6th Gear

Status
    It should do, it's a higher spec phone than mine.

Something that niggles me that I was reminded of today... you can't seem to dictate a text message as a reply to a message in the messages section, you have to go through the whole process of choosing someone from your directory - and of course if they aren't in your directory, you can't text them. Bit of a pain.

Full LED baby !

Status
    what does it say when you try to reply to a message ?
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    If you try to reply using the MMI controls, you can only use one of the built in templates - the 'do not use a template' option is greyed out when driving. I couldn't seem to make it want to let me dictate a reply using any voice controls either (dictate reply isn't one of the options in the menu on screen either).

Reverse Gear

Status
    The message option works with my Nexus 5. I've only tried replying when stopped, so can't tell you if the option was greyed out for me when moving.