JMB RetrofitsAH Fabrications
Like Tree4Likes
  • 3 Post By Daveotto
  • 1 Post By Vertigo1

Thread: What seat upholstery do you have in your A3?

1st Gear

Status

What seat upholstery do you have in your A3?

I'm in the process of configuring my car on a limited budget and was wondering what most of you chose as your seats. The Sport cloth seats don't look that great to me, but the S-line ones with "half leather" look decent (although I don't understand what Biathlon Cloth means). Any photos appreciated!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by Stephen C View Post
    I'm in the process of configuring my car on a limited budget and was wondering what most of you chose as your seats. The Sport cloth seats don't look that great to me, but the S-line ones with "half leather" look decent (although I don't understand what Biathlon Cloth means). Any photos appreciated!
    There are some pictures of the various seats in various trims in the Pricing and Specification Guide for the A3/S3 which you can down load from the Audi website at: Brochures < Contact us < About Audi
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

1st Gear

Status
    I have the half leather/biathlon in my S-line. I find it a good compromise of comfort and support.
    2013 A3 SportBack 181 2.0TDI. Shiraz Red - Panoramic Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Heated Seats, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Audi Sound System, Hill Hold Assist, Folding Mirrors, Debadged.

Neutral

Status
    I have the sports seats in Nappa Leather in my S-Line. Very comfortable and the leather is of very good quality - would recommend.

In terms of support, the seats are good but not great - notably lacking a bit in lateral support although the pull-out thigh support is great for long journeys. The seat-base is also quite flat - although the upside is that there's no large ridge to get over making it easy to get into / out of the car.

From what I understand, the sports seats are the same in Sport or S-Line trim - only difference is that the S-Line seats are trimmed with leather on the sides and cloth on the centre sections. Comfort wise, I imagine they would all be the same.
    Collected: Audi A3 8V Sportback 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic S-Line. Ice Silver, Alu Roof Rails, Audi Side Assist, B&O Audio, Comfort Pack (w/ACC, Parking System Plus & Park Assist), Sports Suspension, Elec Folding Mirrors, Ext Interior Mono-Pur, Fine Nappa Seats, Heated Front Seats, Hill Hold Assist, Interior Light Package, Non-Smoking Package, Pano Glass Sunroof, Privacy Glass, Reversing Camera, Technology Package, Load-Through System, Tyre Pressure Monitor. 4 Year Warranty

6th Gear

Status
    I have the leather/alcantara seats in my sport trim, and love them. They can get a bit warm in warmer weather, but I didn't like the standard cloth you get on the sports seats, and saw the leather/alcantara in a showroom car when I was first looking, so bit the bullet and went for it. No regrets!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Anyone got perforated alcantara in S-line? Sounds like one of the less frequently specced options.
    On order: A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI 150 (COD) S tronic S line
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by smk82 View Post
    I have the half leather/biathlon in my S-line. I find it a good compromise of comfort and support.
    Biathlon cloth from my s-line, perfectly happy with it from a comfort and support perspective, done a few 5 hours stints at the wheeel with no problems
    Attached Images Attached Images
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

6th Gear

Status
    I'll take a picture of my seats in a bit, they look a bit different to that
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Banned

Status
    Anyone got perforated alcantara in S-line? Sounds like one of the less frequently specced options.
    Don't think we get the choice of perforated on A3 or S3 ???

6th Gear

Status
    I've got full leather in the Q3 and they aren't very pleasant to sit on at all. Can't wait for my saloon to arrive with the Biathlon trim...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

6th Gear

Status
    I have Pics in this thread: You wanted pics?
    Stephen C likes this.
    Daytona Grey Audi A3 2.0TDI 150 S-Line with Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, Interior Light Pack, Alcantara/Leather seats, B&O sound, DAB radio, Folding/dimming mirrors

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Vertigo1 View Post
    I have Pics in this thread: You wanted pics?
    Excellent photos! Thank you.

6th Gear

Status
    Finally remembered to take a pic of my seats for you! Leather/Alcantara option on sport trim
    uploadfromtaptalk1389790922741.jpg

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Don't think we get the choice of perforated on A3 or S3 ???
    Looks like perforated on A3 Non perf on S3, not sure why?? In fact cemersons don't look very perforated to me!

6th Gear

Status
    No, mine isn't perforated. I think it is on s-line, not on sport trim possibly? I prefer without anyway.

1st Gear

Status
    Yep, perforated is for S-line only.
    Daytona Grey, Technology Package, B&O, Comfort Package, Electrically Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, TPMS.

1st Gear

Status
    Thanks for the photo, cemerson!

Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    No, mine isn't perforated. I think it is on s-line, not on sport trim possibly? I prefer without anyway.
    According to the current Pricing and Specification Guide perforated is only on the Perforated Alcantara perforated/leather option (£480) that is only available on the S-Line. The S-Line standard Biathlon cloth/leather and the optional Fine Nappa leather (£795)are not described as perforated.

None of the seats for the SE, Sport or S3 are described as perforated.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    I have Fine Nappa Leather on my S-Line. It's not perforated.

Reverse Gear

Status
    In Australia leather is standard. Which doesn't make sense to me given how hot leather can be on 30 degree days! But oh well.

1st Gear

Status
    I have full nappa leather with heated seats great combination and very comfortable as I am 6'4 and my wife 5'4 great for short and long hauls.

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

Neutral

Status
    Fine Nappa Heated, find it fine despite not having the lumbar support due to not realising you get none without ordering the electric lumbar, don't have any pics of the back right now.

1st Gear

Status
    I have the standard S-Line Biathlon cloth/leather combination. I added the electronic lumbar support as an optional extra due to having occasional back problems.
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.