Poll: What kind of S3 driver are you?

Joetidman

Reaction score
After reading a number of posts I noticed that my fellow S3 owners/owners to be come with fairly different views opinions on their S3 and what's important to them and it made me wonder what kind of S3 driver are your and why?

1. Premium fast car fan (not really bothered about how it all happens, just love the speed and quality and want a good a to b car with the ability for a bit of point and squirt performance)
2. Performance car fan (not a car geek, and not that bothered about the engineering bits, but have considered/owned other performance cars and appreciate some regular B road driving)
3. Car geek (performance car fan, plus into how all the bits work, from Quattro, to performance figures to engine bits and bobs. Will probably leave the car stock but have read every last bit of literature before buying)
4. Car expert (car geek, plus will probably tweak the car in some way, whether ecu upgrades to LSD or alloys or more)
5. Racing expert (a proper car fanatic, might or might not upgrade the car, but can and will push the car to its limit and really understands how to drive well. May we'll consider the S3 as a family runaround and may have a RWD car for the 'real' driving like a caterham/GT3 etc)

I don't think any of the above necessarily relates to driving skill (although the higher numbers may correspond to perceived performance ;) )

I would say I was a 3. I'm a proper car geek, and whilst no expert have read pretty much all the literature. However I'm not brave enough to upgrade my brand new car (whilst wishing I was!) and will be going out if my way for some proper driving roads.

All thoughts welcome and once people have contributed I could create an 8V driver profile, let's see how many racing drivers we have ;).

All comments welcome even if you're not getting an S3 soon

I must be a 5 as for me the S3 is a family car, I have a RWD car for the fun times and I drive so near the limits that I can, almost unbelievably, make the super handling S3 understeer.
:blahblah1:

I'm probably nearer a 2 or 3 with a chunk of 5 thrown in for good measure, although I don't expect for one second that this thread is in any way serious..........surely not.

Reactions: stetheo and Joetidman
5 for sure. I've got a CBR1000RR for my big kicks!

Reactions: Joetidman
A bit of fun ;). So two 3's and two 5's so far, more geeky than I thought!

Good thread Joe lad!!

Definitely number 4 for me...

Number 4 for me, I'm no "Expert" but I do like a few subtle/choice mods

An interim check-in then:

So far (and where people have given 2 choices, I have gone with the higher one) we have
1 = No one (obviously no casual S3 drivers on this forum!)
2 = No one
3 = 2 (Itguy & joetidman)
4 = 3 (J6YAK, Johnnyb, Ziggyma89)
5 = 3 (lee_fr200, Silky-S3, Craigl)

Hum, a bit of a trend forming already ;)

Reactions: Ziggyma89
3 for me

I've got an A3 sline at present - waiting delivery of my S3:thumbsup:

Vfr1200 for 2 up touring.
Duke 916 from new now mothballed.
Duke 998 S for sunny Sundays.
Duke Panigale tri colore SP FOR even sunnier Sundays....... :)
My 991 GT3 ARrives in April, I'll go for a ......

Last edited:
had a go in my mates company S3 the other day, jeez they are a licence loser in the wrong hands, took him down the back lanes and he looked a tad pale when we pulled back into my driveway afterwards, he forgot I used to drive a 7 ton 1000 HP racing truck a good few years ago. 3 is my choice.

3. Car geek - defo me

Can't find any fresh content anywhere... Check YouTube/twitter/Instagram/Facebook/magazines/forums and technical documents on haldex etc - have even resorted to looking through valet companies pictures

ANYTHING that can bide time until I get mine :(

:think: I am number 3 but looking to progress to 4.

Vfr1200 for 2 up touring.
Duke 916 from new now mothballed.
Duke 998 S for sunny Sundays.
Duke Panigale tri colore SP FOR even sunnier Sundays....... :)
My 991 GT3 ARrives in April, I'll go for a ......

Good stuff. Panigale 899 is gonna be my next bike. :)

So the polls are in...

S3 Poll outcome

Its pretty conclusive, we are a bunch of car geeks, with a few more risky petrol heads and semi-pros thrown in as well.

Much to be expected! :racer:

2 and 3 for me

I'm surprised you were allowed to ask this of just the S3 drivers ;)