After reading a number of posts I noticed that my fellow S3 owners/owners to be come with fairly different views opinions on their S3 and what's important to them and it made me wonder what kind of S3 driver are your and why?
1. Premium fast car fan (not really bothered about how it all happens, just love the speed and quality and want a good a to b car with the ability for a bit of point and squirt performance)
2. Performance car fan (not a car geek, and not that bothered about the engineering bits, but have considered/owned other performance cars and appreciate some regular B road driving)
3. Car geek (performance car fan, plus into how all the bits work, from Quattro, to performance figures to engine bits and bobs. Will probably leave the car stock but have read every last bit of literature before buying)
4. Car expert (car geek, plus will probably tweak the car in some way, whether ecu upgrades to LSD or alloys or more)
5. Racing expert (a proper car fanatic, might or might not upgrade the car, but can and will push the car to its limit and really understands how to drive well. May we'll consider the S3 as a family runaround and may have a RWD car for the 'real' driving like a caterham/GT3 etc)
I don't think any of the above necessarily relates to driving skill (although the higher numbers may correspond to perceived performance )
I would say I was a 3. I'm a proper car geek, and whilst no expert have read pretty much all the literature. However I'm not brave enough to upgrade my brand new car (whilst wishing I was!) and will be going out if my way for some proper driving roads.
All thoughts welcome and once people have contributed I could create an 8V driver profile, let's see how many racing drivers we have .
All comments welcome even if you're not getting an S3 soon