Badger5AH Fabrications

Thread: Tyres on S3?

1st Gear

Status

Tyres on S3?

Hi chaps.

What brand of tyre are your S3's being delivered with? Just a mild concern as the last Audi I took delivery of came with Toyos - which transpired to be pretty awful. Thanks in advance of all replies.

Mark
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

2. # ADS
    ADS

3rd Gear

Status
    They have Continentals on. Not the best, not the worst. I will use something else when they wear out but they are adequate certainly.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Mine came with Contis, swapped to Goodyear winters on the 2nd day.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    I have that concern too. My A4 was supplied new with Conti Sport Contacts and the fronts only lasted about 9-10,000 miles (I'm not a boy racer) so I swapped them for Pirelli P-Zero's and I've never looked back; better grip, much less road noise and they last a lot longer. I'm hoping my S3 wil be delivered (due mid March) with some decent rubber which doesn't need replacing after less than 10K.

1st Gear

Status
    I'm trying to get an answer from the sales guy on this one. Those Toyo's they put on my TTRS were dreadful, Tramlined easily, poor grip, noisy .... the only thing they did do well was wear slowly - but that wasn't a good thing as I wanted rid of them! Got 19k miles out of them before I was able to change to something decent. Continentals? Hmm. Never had them, but just looked at a few reviews and they come in at 'average'. Would prefer dunlops, michellen or Pirelli's. Had Dunlop Sportmax on my last S3 - very good and lasted 22k miles!
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack|10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | through load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack | registered 06/06/2014

6th Gear

Status
    The car will more than likely come with the Conti's and you will not be able to request any other unless you pay for them. The Conti's haven't had bad reviews it's just that there are better tyres out there...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Banned

Status
    Had an OK experience with Contis on an A5 quattro 255/35/19 but Dunlop MAXX worked better. All I do know is our experiences with Bridgestone on A3 8P were not good. Michelin were brilliant but costly.

3rd Gear

Status
    Am I right in thinking that every A3 variant comes with Conti's nowadays?
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Nope. It seems all S3s are though!

Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    The A3 2.0TDI-150 Sport demonstrator I drove today had Pirelli tyres. Quite noisy compared with my current 8P on Hankook tyres.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

3rd Gear

Status
    Mine came with Conti's too. I wonder what decides the tyre brand for each model...
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.