Tyres on S3?

SilureMark

Reaction score
Hi chaps.

What brand of tyre are your S3's being delivered with? Just a mild concern as the last Audi I took delivery of came with Toyos - which transpired to be pretty awful. Thanks in advance of all replies.

Mark

Mine came with Contis, swapped to Goodyear winters on the 2nd day.

I have that concern too. My A4 was supplied new with Conti Sport Contacts and the fronts only lasted about 9-10,000 miles (I'm not a boy racer) so I swapped them for Pirelli P-Zero's and I've never looked back; better grip, much less road noise and they last a lot longer. I'm hoping my S3 wil be delivered (due mid March) with some decent rubber which doesn't need replacing after less than 10K.

I'm trying to get an answer from the sales guy on this one. Those Toyo's they put on my TTRS were dreadful, Tramlined easily, poor grip, noisy .... the only thing they did do well was wear slowly - but that wasn't a good thing as I wanted rid of them! Got 19k miles out of them before I was able to change to something decent. Continentals? Hmm. Never had them, but just looked at a few reviews and they come in at 'average'. Would prefer dunlops, michellen or Pirelli's. Had Dunlop Sportmax on my last S3 - very good and lasted 22k miles!

The car will more than likely come with the Conti's and you will not be able to request any other unless you pay for them. The Conti's haven't had bad reviews it's just that there are better tyres out there...

Had an OK experience with Contis on an A5 quattro 255/35/19 but Dunlop MAXX worked better. All I do know is our experiences with Bridgestone on A3 8P were not good. Michelin were brilliant but costly.

Am I right in thinking that every A3 variant comes with Conti's nowadays?

Am I right in thinking that every A3 variant comes with Conti's nowadays?

The A3 2.0TDI-150 Sport demonstrator I drove today had Pirelli tyres. Quite noisy compared with my current 8P on Hankook tyres.

Mine came with Conti's too. I wonder what decides the tyre brand for each model...