What's this colour???

Palacemads3

Reaction score
Hi, really needing some help sorting out a colour for my recently ordered s3 saloon. I ordered it in Daytona grey as the salesman told me I could but received a phone all earlier today saying I couldn't. He recommended monsoon grey as it was practically the same. I have been searching for some videos of it and found this:

Audi S3 Limousine roadtest - YouTube

do you reckon it's monsoon grey? If so I'm definitely ordering it as it looks great and I think it really suits the car.

Thanks for for any help!

p.s. I know I've posted this in 2 different forums but I thought this would be better as it's for current a3's

Reactions: cuke2u
It's an s line colour only, it would cost me £2k to get it which i don't fancy paying. Im choosing between the monsoon grey now or estoril blue

Thanks for that, that really helps being able to see them together in the same photo stream. They both look great but i'm thinking im swaying towards the grey, it gives a really mean look to it. Just got to make sure it keeps looking shiny, so many pics ive seen online with other audis can look so dull and almost matt effect, rather than the shiny metallic look.

Interesting.

I do like Daytona and have had an A7 in that colour. Lovely.. Monsoon however is NOTHING LIKE IMHO... It may be grey but looks dull alongside Daytona.. I may have chosen Daytona for S3 but not paying £2k.. so back to THE best shiny pearlescent black (not brown/purple Panther nice though it is in bright lights) it's Phantom Black for us.

Hi, really needing some help sorting out a colour for my recently ordered s3 saloon. I ordered it in Daytona grey as the salesman told me I could but received a phone all earlier today saying I couldn't. He recommended monsoon grey as it was practically the same. I have been searching for some videos of it and found this:

Audi S3 Limousine roadtest - YouTube

do you reckon it's monsoon grey? If so I'm definitely ordering it as it looks great and I think it really suits the car.

Thanks for for any help!

p.s. I know I've posted this in 2 different forums but I thought this would be better as it's for current a3's

Great to see someone else has ordered an S3 Saloon, I thought I might be the only one! Well done that man :)

It's an s line colour only, it would cost me £2k to get it which i don't fancy paying. Im choosing between the monsoon grey now or estoril blue

Both will look amazing! I've gone Estoril, so you know what I'd propose, but Monsoon would look great too, and very svelte, mature and understated

Well I've phoned the dealer back and done the deed, gone for the monsoon grey. Lots of thanks timsa for the link to those pics on Flickr , they really helped me as soon as I saw the grey my mind was made up, I think it looked stunning. The blue does look nice but for me the grey had it. Joetidman, have you been given a build week for your saloon yet? What spec did you go for?

Well I've phoned the dealer back and done the deed, gone for the monsoon grey. Lots of thanks timsa for the link to those pics on Flickr , they really helped me as soon as I saw the grey my mind was made up, I think it looked stunning. The blue does look nice but for me the grey had it. Joetidman, have you been given a build week for your saloon yet? What spec did you go for?

Good choice. I've been told week 19 which means late May for delivery. All my options are in my signature below :)

Pleasure bud, glad I could help!

You won't regret going with monsoon grey, it's an amazing colour!

Here is a great comparison between monsoon grey and estoril blue that someone posted:

Audi S3 - a set on Flickr

Nice set of Photo's.
FWIW IMHO ;-)
I much prefer the grey over blue. The blue is a nice colour, but there will be situations when it looks ott.
The grey looks a purposeful job.
The Monsoon Grey, Wheels, Dark Windows and Hurray no Roof Rails all go well together, it looks spot on.
Not 100% sure on the dark roof lining though, I guess you just gotta have that or it would all fall apart.
Roof rails, just dont look right on the Sportback, makes it look like junior car trying to look like dad.

Happy Shopping
Fluges