Like Tree5Likes
  • 3 Post By PilotAudi
  • 1 Post By MA3RC
  • 1 Post By PilotAudi

Thread: S3 simulated sound question

4th Gear

Status

S3 simulated sound question

I know that in dynamic mode you get an additional augmented engine/exhaust sound. What I wondered was, was this impacted by the sounds system choice you make? i.e. if you have B&O versus, standard sound system, do you think it would affect this sound? Thoughts?
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Previously 2.0TSi VW Scirocco

2. # ADS
    ADS

Banned

Status
    Does this work with Manual and S tronic??

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Does this work with Manual and S tronic??
    Yes I think so, you can adjust it in the Individual setting on drive select too
    S3 Saloon S-Tronic. Panther Black. Tech Pack, Super-sports seats, LED Lights, Comfort pack with Adaptive Cruise and parking plus, Folding mirrors, Bang and Olufsen Sound System, Interior Light Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy glass, Tyre sensor, Boot Mat (Countdown Thread)

Banned

Status
    48 days to 1march.
    Louay, bleedsoff and Joetidman like this.

2nd Gear

Status
    I confirm that it works on my manual too, i'm with a B&O soundsystem so can't really help with the original question though... having said that i'd personally would be very surprised if not having B&O made any difference, otherwise it would have said so in all the docs i've read. Nowhere was it stated that it made any difference.
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Battlekrapz View Post
    I confirm that it works on my manual too, i'm with a B&O soundsystem so can't really help with the original question though... having said that i'd personally would be very surprised if not having B&O made any difference, otherwise it would have said so in all the docs i've read. Nowhere was it stated that it made any difference.
    Sounds logical. What do you think of the noise it makes on your setup? Does it sounds natural?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I'm not a fan of it, sounds a bit fake. It comes through the center speaker and you can alter/test the sound if it with VCDS.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

4th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    I'm not a fan of it, sounds a bit fake. It comes through the center speaker and you can alter/test the sound if it with VCDS.
    I guess you have it set to off then Silky? What do you think of the engine/exhaust sound without it? Still sporty?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    I leave it on as most other people in the car like it! It's just I would prefer to hear the engine (old school I suppose!) as it sounds great with the exhaust and Stronic. In VCDS you can turn it off even in dynamic mode.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    PS- sound system makes no difference. It's a totally different module not linked to the sound system.

Build Thread Here!

4th Gear

Status
    PS- sound system makes no difference. It's a totally different module not linked to the sound system.
    Ah fab, thanks for confirming!

Full LED baby !

Status

Can't you change it with the sound of a spitfire or a spaceship ?
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    Can't you change it with the sound of a spitfire or a spaceship ?
    Sadly not, just adjust how loud it is or turn it off.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Joetidman View Post
    Sounds logical. What do you think of the noise it makes on your setup? Does it sounds natural?
    Well it sounds like a bigger engine than it is, in fact i love the sound it makes, fake or not. It sounds very sporty and just makes u smile .
    # Currently enjoying my Audi S3 8V Sportback in Estoril blue #

1st Gear

Status
    48 days to 1march.
    Sorry to burst your bubble it's 53... Not that I'm counting. I honestly cannot wait!
    PilotAudi likes this.

Banned

Status
    52 tomorrow think I lost a week!
    MA3RC likes this.

2nd Gear

Status
    48 days to 1march.
    Can't wait

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by kenny_boon View Post
    Can't wait
    It's 52 Kenny!

2nd Gear

Status
    Still can't wait lol

1st Gear

Status
    I thought the exhaust note worked with three different things
    - Speaker (or what is actually called a sound actuator) similar to that used in the SQ5
    - Exhaust flap that changes the noise (I guess this might be why my exhasit pipes are not tarnishing all the same way)
    - Timing of the gear change, to introduce additional sort of "parp", noise on gear change at certain revs (stronic only)

It is actually very noticable, and wind down the window and you will hear it. Still not sure if I a a fan or not. Interestingly if you turn the sound down with the wndow down, you hear a bit more of the turbo which is hard to notice with the sound in full dynamic mode.

I am still playing with the car, and not had nearly enough time to decide what setting I like most.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

1st Gear

Status
    Would be great to upload the Millennium Falcon to whatever mp3 file they use...

1st Gear

Status
    New Audi S3 with 300PS and 40mpg bound for Paris < Latest news < About Audi

Some notes on the actuator, sadly no mention of Millennium Falcon sound optional sounds
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

3rd Gear

Status
    Heard a gorgeous sounding Maserati tonight. Thought it was an American muscle car until I got closer. It was one of the V8 ones. Sounded really nice. Pretty sure it was the Grand Turismo MC Stradale version.
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

6th Gear

Status
    Its a pity that Audi decided to go the route of a synthetic sound through a speaker. On my car it has a box linked to the induction side of the engine, called a symposer as fitted to a Porsche, then routes the noise using pipes to the cabin. I can assure you it does sound nice especially at full chat. Ford reacts to sound market research - SAE International
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.