Screen blank SD Card Sat Nav Rebooting Locked up then Lost all Favourites

Flugel Hound

Reaction score
Had an issue with the onboard computer.
Started car, screen popped up, set Nav for home favourite. All ok so far.

Selected reverse. Reversing out of parking space noticed main pop up screen blank, still raised up position.
Then noticed Audi Splash Screen as the computer rebooted itself 2-3 times.

Nav selected but on screen text reporting SD card 1 not found (can see 10 satellites)

Restarted car at a set of traffic lights, still having same problem.
Pulled in, stopped car, removed sd card. Cycled the car alarm.
Restarted engine
Cant see sd card, as expected.
Powered down refit sd card
Restarted engine, Nav now works but all my Favourites now gone.

Should I have done as above except for the removing of SD card 1?

Last edited:
People with SD Nav could confirm but I don't think it cares whether the SD Nav is in slot 1 or slot 2. Might be worth trying it in slot 2?

John.

My mmi system has locked up and sometimes looses connection with my Android device via BT. Ive restarted the car and that generally fixed my issues. Yours sound more serious. Give it a couple of hours and if it's breaks or doesn't start up correctly send it back to audi.

Problem has only occurred the once.
Im trying to remember one possible significant action. I think I may have hit the screen retract button immediately after setting the Nav for home (i would navigate via MMI between the clocks) .
ie the Nav is still calculating route and ive hit the retract button.??

I will have to try this again.

Just annoying to loose the favourites

I think these are firmware teething issues tbh, as I read about lockups on the 8V more often now, services will no doubt have updates done, lets hope its minor.

Mr NHN what operating system is this?

And

Went to use the Sat Nav this afternoon and noticed that all my Favourites have re-appeared