EM TuningVolks Autos
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 8V VCDS Mods

5th Gear

Status
    I'm experimenting with TPMS via VCDS on 8V.
    As such, it's not complete, but details are here:
    Enabling TPMS for A3 S3 8V *Experimental*

To keep this thread tidy, best to keep the discussions on the thread linked above, if you wish to partake in the experiment.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    Does the latest S3 have needle sweep or does it need to be activated in vagcom?

limboitis

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinbanshee View Post
    Does the latest S3 have needle sweep or does it need to be activated in vagcom?
    standard with s models now surely, i go with yes
    +AT DEALERS MY15 S3 (300) Sportback S-Tronic Quattro Daytona Grey
    -outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

VCDS Location: NI (County Antrim)
    - (62) A1 1.6TDI (105) Sport Manual Sportback Brilliant Black
    - (62) S3 (265) Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

- (58) TT Roadster 3.2 V6 (250) S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Standard
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Good to know

Neutral

Status
    I've got a cable I used on the TT 4 years ago, I guess I'll need new software for the S3 then.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Anyone got anywhere with TPMS, ACC. ABS coding. New Beta is out as well!
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by monopole View Post
    standard with s models now surely, i go with yes
    And you get fancy red lights all around needles with ACC haha
    veeeight likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Are they to mark the set speed in ACC?

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Martinbanshee View Post
    Are they to mark the set speed in ACC?
    Yes, but light up when ignition turned on. It's a nice touch

Neutral

Status
    I likey
    The Challinor likes this.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Can anyone help me remove component protection? What are the steps, please? I have installed a new MMI High unit and need to remove protection. Thanks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    I want this, but at the moment with the latest VCDS version, the ACC module is still locked, asking for the security code. I'm sure RT will find it out soon.
    Has anyone found this yet? ACC menu is the one last thing I'd like to enable....
    '14 plate 2 litre 184 quattro stronic s-line with DTUK box fitted. Extras: comfort pack, progressive steering, adaptive cruise, leather/alcantara seats + lumbar support, Audi sound system, interior lighting, SD card satnav, auto release (aka hill hold), TPM. Daytona Grey.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by arad85 View Post
    Has anyone found this yet? ACC menu is the one last thing I'd like to enable....
    Dealer should do that for you, in going to ask mine to be done before / during pickup.

My dealer did mine for me during an "Aftersales Evening" at the garage. It required connection via the OBD socket to the dealer's computer system and then it was activate via the an internet connection to Audi AG. Took about 10 minutes in total. The master tech who did it said this is how most things on the new A3 are activated.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

5th Gear

Status
    +3

My dealer enabled mine when I picked the car up - took 10 mins, including the drive to and from the workshop.

S3 8V 3DR DSG ACC ABS ADS AMI ASR ASS DAB DBW DIS DRL EBA EBD EDL EGR EPB EPS ESP GPS LED MFSW MMI PDC PSF RAC SDXC TFSI CO2 EEC OTR WTF OMG

2nd Gear

Status
    My dealer is a hundred or so miles away (carfile.net purchase) and I have VCDS so would like to do iut myself It will only be a bit somewhere in the rom.

May well ask at the first service as 2 seems about right for most driving.
    '14 plate 2 litre 184 quattro stronic s-line with DTUK box fitted. Extras: comfort pack, progressive steering, adaptive cruise, leather/alcantara seats + lumbar support, Audi sound system, interior lighting, SD card satnav, auto release (aka hill hold), TPM. Daytona Grey.

My dealer is a hundred or so miles away (carfile.net purchase) and I have VCDS so would like to do iut myself It will only be a bit somewhere in the rom.

May well ask at the first service as 2 seems about right for most driving.
    One of the disadvantages of not buying from a local dealer!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Reverse Gear

Status
    are you referring to just the standard ACC indictors and displays, or a different "hidden" menu?

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by boltor View Post
    are you referring to just the standard ACC indictors and displays, or a different "hidden" menu?
    You can change the default distance. By default, it is on 3. I'd like to be able to set it to 2...

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    One of the disadvantages of not buying from a local dealer!!!
    Yes, but the £1200 I saved over my local dealer more than makes up for the fact I can't set the default ACC distance....

Neutral

Status
    What is ACC?

2nd Gear

Status
    Adaptive Cruise Control. Modulates your speed up to the maximum you set. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MKBCGZn3icY

Yes, it is that good.
    The Challinor likes this.

Neutral

Status
    Ohhhh thanks.. can't watch youtube at work, but I will later.

Can this be activated to any A3 8V (mine's gonna be a 1.8T S-tronic)

2nd Gear

Status
    No. You have to order it unfortunately.

If you do a lot of stop/start driving or following cars on A/B roads and you can alter your order - do it. It works incredibly well with s-tronic

6th Gear

Status
    Agreed - ACC is a must have (unless you are one of these types who are convinced that their masculinity is being threatened by driver aids)
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

limboitis

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Agreed - ACC is a must have (unless you are one of these types who are convinced that their masculinity is being threatened by driver aids)
    LMAO

and shut up
    +AT DEALERS MY15 S3 (300) Sportback S-Tronic Quattro Daytona Grey
    -outgoing (63) A5 2.0TDI (177) Coupe Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

VCDS Location: NI (County Antrim)
    - (62) A1 1.6TDI (105) Sport Manual Sportback Brilliant Black
    - (62) S3 (265) Sportback Black Edition S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

- (58) TT Roadster 3.2 V6 (250) S-Tronic Quattro Phantom Black

6th Gear

Status
    Haha, touched a nerve? :P
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    No. You have to order it unfortunately.

If you do a lot of stop/start driving or following cars on A/B roads and you can alter your order - do it. It works incredibly well with s-tronic
    Never heard of the system in the Mexican versions to be honest, and unfurtunately can't order it, as my car is already on the dealership. It's just a matter that I get off this plattform on wednesday (I work offshore for the oil industry) and sign the papers.

I'll be presenting it soon.

Thanks.

2nd Gear

Status
    Mexico...

Enjoy

2nd Gear

Status
    thanks for taking the time to post. Might group them together in relation to which part they effect the car such as the DRL / Xenon

You are missing a few other trivial adjustments like the auto dipping mirror and oil temp.

Neutral

Status
    Hi guys, there's a few mods I would like to do (and there is beer tokens for whoever is in the South East).

Has Video in Motion been unlocked for the tech pack high?

5th Gear

Status
    Video in Motion is not sanctioned by Ross-Tech.

You have to use an alternative tool. Do a search on this forum, there are plenty of heated posts and threads on this subject.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by veeeight View Post
    Video in Motion is not sanctioned by Ross-Tech.

You have to use an alternative tool. Do a search on this forum, there are plenty of heated posts and threads on this subject.
    That's fine, wasn't asking if it was justified, just if it was possible.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by coddy85 View Post
    Hi guys, there's a few mods I would like to do (and there is beer tokens for whoever is in the South East).

Has Video in Motion been unlocked for the tech pack high?
    As veeeight said, you can't activate Video In Motion (VIM) using VCDS.

I have the tool to activate VIM for the Audi A3 (8V) and Golf Mk7, but I'm based in Aberdeen.
    Due soon... 2014 (MY15) Audi S3 Sportback, S-Tronic, Sepang Blue, lots of options!

VCDS in Aberdeen

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Grant View Post
    As veeeight said, you can't activate Video In Motion (VIM) using VCDS.

I have the tool to activate VIM for the Audi A3 (8V) and Golf Mk7, but I'm based in Aberdeen.
    Thanks for the reply. It seems that it's a full reflash of the MMI at the moment? I'm certainly not paying £80 for the privilege!

Neutral

Status
    Has anybody had their car serviced after changing the settings? Rumour I heard is that the car is plugged in and 'reset' to the standard UK spec settings.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I'm looking to add a rear view camera to my A3. Does anyone know how the VCDS steps to activate the rear view display when the car is shifted to reverse?

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast