EM TuningChris Nott
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Like Tree97Likes

Thread: 8V VCDS Mods

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by snowfree52 View Post
    won't work, each module has it's security number

Yep, I know. Hopefully Ross Tech will get it mapped soon.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

2. # ADS
    ADS

Full LED baby !

Status
    yes ! the lane assist is driving me crazy
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    yes ! the lane assist is driving me crazy
    I'm still trying to get it sorted through my dealer, still chasing them on it (been a bit quiet over Christmas though), so might be able to resolve it that way. It doesn't look hopeful though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Full LED baby !

Status
    I found the menu to cancel the gong after 15 seconds. and maybe even the menu do desactivate the desactivation of the lane assist if you release the wheel.

Asked my dealer which is a friend for the security code but he doesn't seem to know how to get it
    Silky-S3 likes this.
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Porsche BBK...

6th Gear

Status
    It sounds like the dealers don't use the security codes as they use a different system. Sounds very promising though, I'd be interested if you find out how to do it! I'll continue to chase it through my dealer as well.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophonic View Post

Acoustic (Alarm Beep) on Lock/Unlock - Can this be done with the standard alarm system or do you need any optional extra? I wasn't aware you can have the 'beep' noise when the car is armed. If so this would be a neat feature.

Can be done as standard, no other options needed

Acoustic Lock Menu - can someone explain more about this?

Adds a extra menu to the MMI under the car settings, to turn on/off the alarm beep without using VCDS

@c.grex - I didn't think this was something possible to have if you don't have any form of sensors built into the tyre/wheel. Any aftermarket pressure requires this and it sends details to a little module where you can see the figures.

No need for extra sensors, just does it through the ABS system.

@Silky-S3 - what is the ACC auto start?

When the ACC starts the car moving automatically (i.e. in a que)
    VCDS rocks!
    h5djr and Schizophonic like this.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Has anyone sent any controller maps/logs to Ross Tech to help them develop the labels?

We all should really, might help them to get the cars mapped quicker

Build Thread Here!

Full LED baby !

Status
    well I'm still waiting for my original cable to arrive, I hope next week ... logs from a chinese copy, I guess they wouldn't like ...
    Ecosphere likes this.
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status

Build Thread Here!

Full LED baby !

Status
    did you send some already ?
    Porsche BBK...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Not yet. Will do this week.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    VCDS rocks!

Status
    Matt, thank you very much for a much need information thread. I have made it a sticky for you all. This information will be so useful for others, very much appreciated. x
    h5djr, Silky-S3 and cuke2u like this.
    Audi-sport.net Lanyards & Stickers
    To find Audi-Sport-Net members with VCDS check out the MAP

6th Gear

Status
    I found the menu to cancel the gong after 15 seconds. and maybe even the menu do desactivate the desactivation of the lane assist if you release the wheel.

Asked my dealer which is a friend for the security code but he doesn't seem to know how to get it
    Is there any information I can give my dealer for them to find this and have them turn it off for me? They seem to think there's no way to do it (although this was a couple of months ago, and they also told me they couldn't enable the ACC menu originally and have since).

1st Gear

Status
    Wish I knew how to do all this ! Anyone in west mids do this?
    Previous Car - Audi A3 8P Sportback in lava grey.. 2.0 170 S-Line
    Auto lights & wipers, Leathers, Auto-dim Mirror, Bluetooth, IPod Dock

Current car
    - Audi A3 8V Hatchback in glacier white.. 2.0 150 S-Line
    Privacy glass, Satnav, Audi Sound System, S-Line Suspension
    Ordered 15/6/13 .. Build week 47 .. Picked up 6/12/13

If and when I decide on my new 8V I would quite like to include the reversing camera in the spec. In order to have this I have to include the option of Front and Rear parking sensors, but there is no way I want the front parking sensors beeping at me when I am parking forwards in a parking space. Does anyone know if the beep from the front sensors can be switched off using the car menus or by using VCDS. I would be quite happy with just the rear parking sensors and the reversing camera but this does not seem to be an option I can order.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Full LED baby !

Status
    why would the thing been beeping apart if there is clearly an obstacle in front of you ?
    anyway there is a button you can push to deactivate the parking sensors
    Porsche BBK...

Neutral

Status
    you can turn the volume down on the sensors. either ones
    The more i know the less i understand...
    2013 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 150 S Line DSG, pan roof tech pack comfort pack light pack sat nav
    2012 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 140 S Line DSG Black Edition

2007 Audi A3 2.0 Tdi 170 SE DSG with all the S Line bits vortex skirts

Gone but not forgotten
    2009 Audi A4 2.0 Tdi S-line Final Edition ( 4 year old only covered 4750 miles)

why would the thing been beeping apart if there is clearly an obstacle in front of you ?
    anyway there is a button you can push to deactivate the parking sensors
    If I was parking in a multi-story car park for example I would always go in to a parking space front first and the system would start beeping as I got close to edge wall. But I can see that and don't need sensors to tell me it's there. It's not quite so easy to see something behind you which is when the sensors and/or camera would be useful. But if I can turn the front ones off then I would be happy.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    If and when I decide on my new 8V I would quite like to include the reversing camera in the spec. In order to have this I have to include the option of Front and Rear parking sensors, but there is no way I want the front parking sensors beeping at me when I am parking forwards in a parking space. Does anyone know if the beep from the front sensors can be switched off using the car menus or by using VCDS. I would be quite happy with just the rear parking sensors and the reversing camera but this does not seem to be an option I can order.
    Yes, all configurable through the MMI - volume and tone can be adjusted individually for both front and back. It's quite useful for low obstacles that you might not be able to see though I guess, and for judging distances better. The graphic for the front sensors will still be there though I guess.

I tend to find spaces where the cars either side of me are pointing the same way, then I can go in the space the opposite way, passenger to passenger doors close, and more space for the drivers doors. Saves a few dinks on the door I bet.

2nd Gear

Status
    Sorry to sound like a noob but what's vcds? Where do you get it? How is it implemented onto/into the car etc etc

2nd Gear

Status
    Vcds has been discussed at the start of the thread. If you read the first couple pages it would give you a better idea.

Neutral

Status
    If I was parking in a multi-story car park for example I would always go in to a parking space front first and the system would start beeping as I got close to edge wall. But I can see that and don't need sensors to tell me it's there. It's not quite so easy to see something behind you which is when the sensors and/or camera would be useful. But if I can turn the front ones off then I would be happy.
    In this situation the front sensors would not activate. The sensors (front and back) are triggered by either putting the car in reverse or hitting the button on the console. As also mentioned, you can change tone and volume for front and back sensors independently.

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Schizophonic View Post
    Vcds has been discussed at the start of the thread. If you read the first couple pages it would give you a better idea.

No it hasn't, it just says coding, which I understand that, BUT is it software that's added into the car or separate on a laptop as ppl have stated you access it on the mmi so is it on the mmi or do you load software to the car, some of us haven't owned an audi or have a clue about all this stuff that can be done

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    No it hasn't, it just says coding, which I understand that, BUT is it software that's added into the car or separate on a laptop as ppl have stated you access it on the mmi so is it on the mmi or do you load software to the car, some of us haven't owned an audi or have a clue about all this stuff that can be done
    Here you go: Ross-Tech: Home

Build Thread Here!

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by misthills View Post
    In this situation the front sensors would not activate. The sensors (front and back) are triggered by either putting the car in reverse or hitting the button on the console. As also mentioned, you can change tone and volume for front and back sensors independently.
    Yes that's true, the sensors don't come on automatically when going forwards

2nd Gear

Status
    Here you go: Ross-Tech: Home

Thank you matey

2nd Gear

Status
    So once you've got the software on your laptop and plug into the car how do you know what to do and what to mess with?

2nd Gear

Status
    So does anyone know deffinitively how to make the rear tail lights drls?
    2013 Glacier White S3 Sportback S-Tronic

6th Gear

Status
    It has been on here in the past, try searching for 'Scandinavian mode' as that is what it is referred to as

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by RobH_S3 View Post
    So does anyone know deffinitively how to make the rear tail lights drls?
    IVe done this mate. Will write up coding ASAP. Away with work at mo. Looks much better esp with the rear LEDs
    RobH_S3 likes this.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status

Anymore anyone? I'll keep this updated as I come across/work out more
    Hi Silky,

Do you know if it is possible to add the time as an option in all the DIS menus like you did with the Oil Temp? It shows date but not time.

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by misthills View Post
    Hi Silky,

Do you know if it is possible to add the time as an option in all the DIS menus like you did with the Oil Temp? It shows date but not time.
    I'll have a look next time I plug in...
    misthills and RobH_S3 like this.

Build Thread Here!

2nd Gear

Status
    Its a bit shocking how the typical Joe Bloggs has to pay £££ to Audi for something as simple as plugging in a laptop, connecting the cable to the OBD port and changing a few values.

Granted not everyone has access to the VCDS cable but with a bit of patients and research, you could save a few extra £££ for what would be a 5 min job for Audi (and get charged an hours rate)

On a normal 8V (irrespective of engine size) will most of the MODs work if Silky-S3 confirms on his car S3. Would be good to add to the OP to advise whats been tested and works. For example on my 8V 1.4TFSI (122BHP) the needle sweep mods works.

2nd Gear

Status
    I love needle sweep if it's in there why don't the dealers or manufactuers add it on anyway??? I can't understand why they wouldn't enable it

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by lee_fr200 View Post
    I love needle sweep if it's in there why don't the dealers or manufactuers add it on anyway??? I can't understand why they wouldn't enable it
    What is the code for needle sweep?

Reverse Gear

Status
    HOW DO I DO THIS:

- DRLs - make tail lights permanent or not (rear DRLs)

I think that if the tail lights were permanently on with the DRL's the car would look so much better!!

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by STERLING VOID View Post
    What is the code for needle sweep?
    no idea i dont have a 8v as yet but my current car does it and i love it
    STERLING VOID likes this.

Yes mate, got the code for 09, but really need it for 03 ABS. Ta
    Just been looking at another forum...

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

and post #20 says the code for the ABS module is: 40168

The code is 40168.
    Silky-S3 and Schizophonic like this.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Full LED baby !

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Croftj View Post
    HOW DO I DO THIS:

- DRLs - make tail lights permanent or not (rear DRLs)

I think that if the tail lights were permanently on with the DRL's the car would look so much better!!
    here it is : stemei.de .VCDS Codierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - Tagfahrlicht mit Rückleuchten - VCDS Codierungen, Webdesign

used it on mine.

Just been looking at another forum...

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

and post #20 says the code for the ABS module is: 40168

The code is 40168.
    Thank you very much. still looking for module 13
    Last edited by snowfree52; 7th January 2014 at 19:10.
    Porsche BBK...

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast