8V VCDS Mods

yes ! the lane assist is driving me crazy

I'm still trying to get it sorted through my dealer, still chasing them on it (been a bit quiet over Christmas though), so might be able to resolve it that way. It doesn't look hopeful though.

I found the menu to cancel the gong after 15 seconds. and maybe even the menu do desactivate the desactivation of the lane assist if you release the wheel.

Asked my dealer which is a friend for the security code but he doesn't seem to know how to get it

Reactions: Silky-S3
It sounds like the dealers don't use the security codes as they use a different system. Sounds very promising though, I'd be interested if you find out how to do it! I'll continue to chase it through my dealer as well.

Acoustic (Alarm Beep) on Lock/Unlock - Can this be done with the standard alarm system or do you need any optional extra? I wasn't aware you can have the 'beep' noise when the car is armed. If so this would be a neat feature.

Can be done as standard, no other options needed :)

Acoustic Lock Menu - can someone explain more about this?

Adds a extra menu to the MMI under the car settings, to turn on/off the alarm beep without using VCDS

@c.grex - I didn't think this was something possible to have if you don't have any form of sensors built into the tyre/wheel. Any aftermarket pressure requires this and it sends details to a little module where you can see the figures.

No need for extra sensors, just does it through the ABS system.

@Silky-S3 - what is the ACC auto start?

When the ACC starts the car moving automatically (i.e. in a que)

VCDS rocks! :)

Reactions: h5djr and Schizophonic
Has anyone sent any controller maps/logs to Ross Tech to help them develop the labels?

We all should really, might help them to get the cars mapped quicker :)

well I'm still waiting for my original cable to arrive, I hope next week ... logs from a chinese copy, I guess they wouldn't like ...

Reactions: Ecosphere
Not yet. Will do this week.

VCDS rocks! :)

mother-of-god-meme.jpg

Matt, thank you very much for a much need information thread. I have made it a sticky for you all. This information will be so useful for others, very much appreciated. :) x

Reactions: TomBlueS3, Minion Bob!, Ceho and 3 others
I found the menu to cancel the gong after 15 seconds. and maybe even the menu do desactivate the desactivation of the lane assist if you release the wheel.

Asked my dealer which is a friend for the security code but he doesn't seem to know how to get it

Is there any information I can give my dealer for them to find this and have them turn it off for me? They seem to think there's no way to do it (although this was a couple of months ago, and they also told me they couldn't enable the ACC menu originally and have since).

Wish I knew how to do all this ! Anyone in west mids do this?

If and when I decide on my new 8V I would quite like to include the reversing camera in the spec. In order to have this I have to include the option of Front and Rear parking sensors, but there is no way I want the front parking sensors beeping at me when I am parking forwards in a parking space. Does anyone know if the beep from the front sensors can be switched off using the car menus or by using VCDS. I would be quite happy with just the rear parking sensors and the reversing camera but this does not seem to be an option I can order.

why would the thing been beeping apart if there is clearly an obstacle in front of you ?
anyway there is a button you can push to deactivate the parking sensors

why would the thing been beeping apart if there is clearly an obstacle in front of you ?
anyway there is a button you can push to deactivate the parking sensors
If I was parking in a multi-story car park for example I would always go in to a parking space front first and the system would start beeping as I got close to edge wall. But I can see that and don't need sensors to tell me it's there. It's not quite so easy to see something behind you which is when the sensors and/or camera would be useful. But if I can turn the front ones off then I would be happy.

If and when I decide on my new 8V I would quite like to include the reversing camera in the spec. In order to have this I have to include the option of Front and Rear parking sensors, but there is no way I want the front parking sensors beeping at me when I am parking forwards in a parking space. Does anyone know if the beep from the front sensors can be switched off using the car menus or by using VCDS. I would be quite happy with just the rear parking sensors and the reversing camera but this does not seem to be an option I can order.

Yes, all configurable through the MMI - volume and tone can be adjusted individually for both front and back. It's quite useful for low obstacles that you might not be able to see though I guess, and for judging distances better. The graphic for the front sensors will still be there though I guess.

I tend to find spaces where the cars either side of me are pointing the same way, then I can go in the space the opposite way, passenger to passenger doors close, and more space for the drivers doors. Saves a few dinks on the door I bet.

Sorry to sound like a noob but what's vcds? Where do you get it? How is it implemented onto/into the car etc etc

Vcds has been discussed at the start of the thread. If you read the first couple pages it would give you a better idea.

If I was parking in a multi-story car park for example I would always go in to a parking space front first and the system would start beeping as I got close to edge wall. But I can see that and don't need sensors to tell me it's there. It's not quite so easy to see something behind you which is when the sensors and/or camera would be useful. But if I can turn the front ones off then I would be happy.

In this situation the front sensors would not activate. The sensors (front and back) are triggered by either putting the car in reverse or hitting the button on the console. As also mentioned, you can change tone and volume for front and back sensors independently.

Vcds has been discussed at the start of the thread. If you read the first couple pages it would give you a better idea.

No it hasn't, it just says coding, which I understand that, BUT is it software that's added into the car or separate on a laptop as ppl have stated you access it on the mmi so is it on the mmi or do you load software to the car, some of us haven't owned an audi or have a clue about all this stuff that can be done

No it hasn't, it just says coding, which I understand that, BUT is it software that's added into the car or separate on a laptop as ppl have stated you access it on the mmi so is it on the mmi or do you load software to the car, some of us haven't owned an audi or have a clue about all this stuff that can be done

Here you go: Ross-Tech: Home

In this situation the front sensors would not activate. The sensors (front and back) are triggered by either putting the car in reverse or hitting the button on the console. As also mentioned, you can change tone and volume for front and back sensors independently.

Yes that's true, the sensors don't come on automatically when going forwards

So once you've got the software on your laptop and plug into the car how do you know what to do and what to mess with?

So does anyone know deffinitively how to make the rear tail lights drls?

It has been on here in the past, try searching for 'Scandinavian mode' as that is what it is referred to as

So does anyone know deffinitively how to make the rear tail lights drls?

IVe done this mate. Will write up coding ASAP. Away with work at mo. Looks much better esp with the rear LEDs

Reactions: RobH_S3
Anymore anyone? I'll keep this updated as I come across/work out more :)

Hi Silky,

Do you know if it is possible to add the time as an option in all the DIS menus like you did with the Oil Temp? It shows date but not time.

Hi Silky,

Do you know if it is possible to add the time as an option in all the DIS menus like you did with the Oil Temp? It shows date but not time.

I'll have a look next time I plug in...

Reactions: RobH_S3 and misthills
Its a bit shocking how the typical Joe Bloggs has to pay £££ to Audi for something as simple as plugging in a laptop, connecting the cable to the OBD port and changing a few values.

Granted not everyone has access to the VCDS cable but with a bit of patients and research, you could save a few extra £££ for what would be a 5 min job for Audi (and get charged an hours rate)

On a normal 8V (irrespective of engine size) will most of the MODs work if Silky-S3 confirms on his car S3. Would be good to add to the OP to advise whats been tested and works. For example on my 8V 1.4TFSI (122BHP) the needle sweep mods works.

I love needle sweep if it's in there why don't the dealers or manufactuers add it on anyway??? I can't understand why they wouldn't enable it

HOW DO I DO THIS:

- DRLs - make tail lights permanent or not (rear DRLs)

I think that if the tail lights were permanently on with the DRL's the car would look so much better!!

HOW DO I DO THIS:

- DRLs - make tail lights permanent or not (rear DRLs)

I think that if the tail lights were permanently on with the DRL's the car would look so much better!!

here it is : stemei.de .VCDS Codierungen .Codierungsservice .Webdesign - Stefan Meier - Tagfahrlicht mit Rückleuchten - VCDS Codierungen, Webdesign

used it on mine.

Just been looking at another forum...

GOLF MK7 VCDS TWEAKS - GOLFMK7 - VW GTI MKVII Forum / VW Golf R Forum / VW Golf MKVII Forum

and post #20 says the code for the ABS module is: 40168

The code is 40168.

Thank you very much. still looking for module 13

Last edited: