Sky InsuranceAH Fabrications
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Finance options?

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Agree , electric seats bah.. Had them on A4 cab, A5 coupe, a7 and hated them!
    Toastie!!!!!!
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered
    A3 Saloon S-line 1 4 cod S-Tronic, Misano Red, B & O ,Comfort package, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding and heated,Electric lumbar support, mono.pur. Interior lighting package,Privacy glass,S line sports
    suspension,Technology package,Alcantara / leather, Tyre pressure loss indicator,. Freebies So Far, Gap Insurance, 1 yrs Free Service, Rubber Mats all Round, Astrays, Set Of Tech Leads.

2. # ADS
    ADS

Not at all Dave. I have had many Audis. The A3 seats in manual mode need to be clicked into place, failure to do this properly does indeed make them move and click into place. Generally a simple procedure.
    That's exactly what I did, but my first 8P was an early one and it did seem a problem that was cured after a while, but once having had the electric seats I found I actually like them so I've had them ever since. The only problem I've found with them is that when I clean the interior I sometimes touch one of the switches without realising and when I sit back in the car the back-rest is far to low. You do in fact get more adjustments with electric seats. You can raise and lower the whole seat or just the front or just the back. As far as I can see from the 8V Owners Manual that I've got it's the same on the 8V.

But if you don't like them then you don't buy them. It's a bit like your panoramic roof and tinted glass. You like them so you spend you money on them. I don't and wouldn't. I would never even consider a Golf GTD that has the 184 engine because it has the privacy glass as standard. At least Audi give us far more choice with the options.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Quote Originally Posted by Oyster View Post
    Toastie!!!!!!
    Electric movement of the seats not electrically heated seats!! In similar a vane, my wife's most desirable option would be a heated steering wheel. It's offered in some markets but not in the UK.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

2nd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I would never even consider a Golf GTD that has the 184 engine because it has the privacy glass as standard. At least Audi give us far more choice with the options.
    ... and AFAIK there is no option for SE suspension with a GTD.

Have you considered waiting for the new A4 TDI 200ps generating 400nm of torque? Now there is a car that will actually need Quattro

Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    ... and AFAIK there is no option for SE suspension with a GTD.

Have you considered waiting for the new A4 TDI 200ps generating 400nm of torque? Now there is a car that will actually need Quattro
    The new A4 range will be interesting in particular because the are doing away with the Multi-tronic and offering s-tronic but I don't really want a car as big as an A4. 95% of the time there only two of us in the car so it seems silly to pay more for a bigger car that I don't need. No I think a 2.0TDI-184 Sport s-tronic quattro Sportback will be the one for me. The only decision is when and to use cash or a PCP.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Banned

Status
    Golf privacy glass is not as darkened as A3. We have one!

Reverse Gear

Status
    Hi all, I'm in a dilemma here as to whether to put in £20k as a deposit (part ex + £11k cash) OR just put in the value of my car (£9k) against the order and have slightly higher monthly payments.

First time I've considered PCP and to be honest I'm tempted to throw in £20k but reading your inputs here the views are that some equity will be left in the vehicle at the end of term so I would be left with money against a new car. That extra £11k I guess could get invested and used to grow (not much!) to pay off the balloon at the end or a new car... frankly I'm divided which way to go!

Also, how much of a discount are you guys getting from the dealer of the total price of the vehicle?

6th Gear

Status
    PCP's are really about a low deposit. I think you are best off retaining some equity...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks bud, I'm starting to think that. Just had Southampton Audi say the same thing on the phone just now...

Golf privacy glass is not as darkened as A3. We have one!
    What difference does that make to the purchase of an A3
    Dave R (h5djr)

Banned

Status

Finance options?

Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    What difference does that make to the purchase of an A3
    Because Dave in post hash 82 above you said you wouldn't consider a Golf GTD because it has Privacy Glass. My helpful response was to advise you that it is nothing like Audi A3 PG and may be worth you taking a look.

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by SverigeFart View Post
    Hi all, I'm in a dilemma here as to whether to put in £20k as a deposit (part ex + £11k cash) OR just put in the value of my car (£9k) against the order and have slightly higher monthly payments.

First time I've considered PCP and to be honest I'm tempted to throw in £20k but reading your inputs here the views are that some equity will be left in the vehicle at the end of term so I would be left with money against a new car. That extra £11k I guess could get invested and used to grow (not much!) to pay off the balloon at the end or a new car... frankly I'm divided which way to go!

Also, how much of a discount are you guys getting from the dealer of the total price of the vehicle?
    Try to get a bank loan if you can,at least the car will be yours after the term with PCP you're stuck and forced to buy another new car.

Would you like to pay that balloon payment after 3/4 years, I wounder how many people pay balloon at the end of term?

Haggle as much you can, check out on carwow website. Gook Luck
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

Ordered
    A3 Saloon S-line 1 4 cod S-Tronic, Misano Red, B & O ,Comfort package, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding and heated,Electric lumbar support, mono.pur. Interior lighting package,Privacy glass,S line sports
    suspension,Technology package,Alcantara / leather, Tyre pressure loss indicator,. Freebies So Far, Gap Insurance, 1 yrs Free Service, Rubber Mats all Round, Astrays, Set Of Tech Leads.

Because Dave in post hash 82 above you said you wouldn't consider a Golf GTD because it has Privacy Glass. My helpful response was to advise you that it is nothing like Audi A3 PG and may be worth you taking a look.
    Maybe but as I have said before I would not consider any form of privacy glass, light or dark. Also as another member has said, you can only get a GTD with Sport suspension. Another good reason not to even consider it. As I've found in the past VW package there cars with all sorts of options as standard which is fine if they are options that you want. Audi give you much more choice. The Golf was an option when I was looking at the 150 but having driven one and an A3 150 I think it will be a 184 for me.
    Dave R (h5djr)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123