Chris NottVolks Autos
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 41 to 80 of 93
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Finance options?

  1. #41
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    39

    Finance options?

    I would much rather have the money in the bank than put a bigger deposit down. Car specced to £35,520, 3k discount paying £450 a month with 1k deposit, was pretty pleased with that. Balloon payment of 16k.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    Quote Originally Posted by wills_1990 View Post
    I would much rather have the money in the bank than put a bigger deposit down. Car specced to £35,520, 3k discount paying £450 a month with 1k deposit, was pretty pleased with that. Balloon payment of 16k.
    The only problem is that the PCP will always cost more in interest than you can earn with money in the bank at the moment.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  4. #43
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    494
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The only problem is that the PCP will always cost more in interest than you can earn with money in the bank at the moment.
    Doesn't have to be about interest, just about having funds in the bank for a rainy day perhaps, rather than tied up in a depreciating asset.
    Personally I'd plough it into paying off any mortgage balance you might have.
    PilotAudi likes this.

  5. #44
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Doesn't have to be about interest, just about having funds in the bank for a rainy day perhaps, rather than tied up in a depreciating asset.
    Personally I'd plough it into paying off any mortgage balance you might have.
    You can do pretty much what you like on finance. Main issue is about not being left in the **** after 2/3 years ! Beware!
    Oyster likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  6. #45
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    258
    What are ppl paying on pcp out of interest?

    Cost of car?
    How much a month?
    How many yrs?
    Agreed mileage?
    And what's the guaranteed future value after said time?

  7. #46
    Quote Originally Posted by wills_1990 View Post
    I would much rather have the money in the bank than put a bigger deposit down. Car specced to £35,520, 3k discount paying £450 a month with 1k deposit, was pretty pleased with that. Balloon payment of 16k.
    If you are paying for the car over 3 years, according to my calculations you will be paying around £4,300 in interest. Also the balloon payment looks high as after 3 years an A3 is normally worth just over 50% of it's original value. Is you PCP through Audi? Audi normal give a ballon payment of around 42% which on £35,520 would be £14,900.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  8. #47
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    South West
    Posts
    39

    Finance options?

    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    If you are paying for the car over 3 years, according to my calculations you will be paying around £4,300 in interest. Also the balloon payment looks high as after 3 years an A3 is normally worth just over 50% of it's original value. Is you PCP through Audi? Audi normal give a ballon payment of around 42% which on £35,520 would be £14,900.
    Paying over 4 years, the figure your starting with is not £35,520 but £32,520 which is the discounted price. Plus it's an S3

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by wills_1990 View Post
    Paying over 4 years, the figure your starting with is not £35,520 but £32,520 which is the discounted price. Plus it's an S3
    But the selling price percentage will always be a percentage of the retail price not the discounted price. The interest calculation was based on paying £32,520 for the car. Again is the purchase through an Audi PCP or is it a company lease deal? If your paying £450 per month for 48 months that is £21,600 + £1,000 deposit = £22,600. This is £5,650 a year for the use of a car you will never own. If you want to own it at the end you will have to pay another £16,000/4 = £4,000 a year. I very much doubt that a four year old S3 will be worth £16,000.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  10. #49
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    I would wager a. 4 year old S3 will be worth £16k the 8P is currently! Especially black ones with privacy and tech packs ;-)
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  11. #50
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I would wager a. 4 year old S3 will be worth £16k the 8P is currently! Especially black ones with privacy and tech packs ;-)
    My dealer did have an 8P S3 Black Edition (61 plate) for £26,000. It was black too! So what's that 2 years old?
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

    Ordered - S3 Sportback S-Tronic
    - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

  12. #51
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    2.5 years. Year 3-4 depreciation is a lot lower than years 1-2 and 2-3
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  13. #52
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I would wager a. 4 year old S3 will be worth £16k the 8P is currently! Especially black ones with privacy and tech packs ;-)
    According to a What Car valuation the trade in price for a 3 year old S3 Sportback is £15,774. I have usually found What Car valuations a bit on the high side and a 4 year old one is going to be less.

    The valuations gives a Dealer selling and Private sale price of £18,004 and £17,510 but I doubt if you would get those figures if you were just handing back a 4 year old car at the end of a PCP. More likely to be the trade-in price.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  14. #53
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Interesting our dealer just sold our 34 month old 8p for £20k (advertised at £21k) the what car price was £15,800!!! Fact. Nice well specified Audis sell for over book price. Colour, spec choice is vital.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  15. #54
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Interesting our dealer just sold our 34 month old 8p for £20k (advertised at £21k) the what car price was £15,800!!! Fact. Nice well specified Audis sell for over book price. Colour, spec choice is vital.
    That's true - my 2 year old A1 185 was book trade in £15k (against £20.8k RRP). So it has held its money very well. I got offered £15.7k from my dealer which was probably inflated but he reckons he can shift it with in weeks for around £18k. Mine is immaculate mind with only 8000 miles. He said there is a strong market for very tidy and low mileage cars at the moment.
    Oyster likes this.
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

    Ordered - S3 Sportback S-Tronic
    - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

  16. #55
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    2.5 years. Year 3-4 depreciation is a lot lower than years 1-2 and 2-3
    According to the PCP quotes I had from my dealer using an Audi PCP, the 'balloon' figure seems to be 42% of the original value after three years and 36% after 4 years. I assume there system uses some standard database for each model.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  17. #56
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    That's true - my 2 year old A1 185 was book trade in £15k (against £20.8k RRP). So it has held its money very well. I got offered £15.7k from my dealer which was probably inflated but he reckons he can shift it with in weeks for around £18k. Mine is immaculate mind with only 8000 miles. He said there is a strong market for very tidy and low mileage cars at the moment.
    When I trade-in my car my dealer has usually sold it before he actually gets it!. As you say there is a strong market for well specced Audi's in good condition. Perhaps that is why I get a good trade-in price as well as discount on the new car.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  18. #57
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Just look at audi.co.uk 4 year old S3'SB's being advertised at circa £20k!
    QED
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  19. #58
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Just look at audi.co.uk 4 year old S3'SB's being advertised at circa £20k!
    QED
    Yes that's the dealer SELLING price and before he gives the buyer any discount. He would probably sell it for between £18-19k. I've always purchased my cars using cash rather than a PCP. How much of that would person giving back a car at the end of PCP get. Does the PCP person get the full value of what the dealer sells the car for or does the dealer take his cut as well. If so how much.

    What a car is WORTH is not necessarily what a dealer puts it up for sale for in the first instance.
    Last edited by h5djr; 18th January 2014 at 15:23.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  20. #59
    1st Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    262
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    2.5 years. Year 3-4 depreciation is a lot lower than years 1-2 and 2-3
    That's the position I'm in.

    My Golf has £5k worth of optional extras which I'm told will be worth very little at trade-in time. Though I'm sure the dealer would make good money selling them on :/ However, my brother says he wants the car. He knows he will be getting a bargain.

  21. #60
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Options are complex. A new S3 will be expected to have a few bits at resale time, probably rear park / comfort pack as a bare minimum. I doubt resale will be easy with standard music, no Nav ( although SD can be added after)

    We shall see , have always liked toys and generally get some return at sale time .
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  22. #61
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    That's the position I'm in.

    My Golf has £5k worth of optional extras which I'm told will be worth very little at trade-in time. Though I'm sure the dealer would make good money selling them on :/ However, my brother says he wants the car. He knows he will be getting a bargain.
    My dealer always says that Options on a used car make the car easier to sell but most don't necessarily increase it's value. The exceptions are generally air-conditioning which tends to be standard these days and leather seats. A car with s-tronic will always be worth more than one without but you generally pay around £1400 for it in the first place. You can see the problem even on ASN. Quite a few members buy a used A3 and then try and add all the options that the car doesn't have.
    Simon66 likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  23. #62
    1st Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Posts
    234
    Not sure if this will hold true but LED head lights I was told by my dealer will be a bit of an expected must have on used S3's in time along with the comfort pack. Guessing technology pack will be the main one.

    Dealer said to me to steer clear on some of the assistance options like lane and side assist. Not sure why though.
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

    Ordered - S3 Sportback S-Tronic
    - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

  24. #63
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Options are complex. A new S3 will be expected to have a few bits at resale time, probably rear park / comfort pack as a bare minimum. I doubt resale will be easy with standard music, no Nav ( although SD can be added after)

    We shall see , have always liked toys and generally get some return at sale time .
    I'm the same I like the some toys on my car (£4600 worth on my current car) excluding s-tronic. It's interesting because on the dealers own demonstrators that I have driven recently which they sell on quite quickly, had virtual no options at all. None have had the Comfort pack or Sat Nav, Xenons, upgraded Music setup or Leather seats. They have all been pretty basic models even the 184 s-tronic quattro. That to me, especially for a demonstrator is rather odd.
    Oyster likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  25. #64
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242

    Finance options?

    For a guaranteed ( well more likely) return on purchase price you are generally better off buying a Black Edition or S line version as the RV is based on list price. .
    A base model with 4k plus of Extras will be worth less than a better model with many extras as standard kit !
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  26. #65
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,264
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Doesn't have to be about interest, just about having funds in the bank for a rainy day perhaps, rather than tied up in a depreciating asset.
    Personally I'd plough it into paying off any mortgage balance you might have.
    That's why I've only put £2k into my PCP, my P/X is worth more so I get some equity back towards my next purchase in three years time...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  27. #66
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    For a guaranteed ( well more likely) return on purchase price you are generally better off buying a Black Edition or S line version as the RV is based on list price. .
    A base model with 4k plus of Extras will be worth less than a better model with many extras as standard kit !
    I purchase a car that I will enjoy driving for the next 3 years rather than one that I don't like purely because it may be worth a bit more when I come to change it. The S-line version has 'bits' that I would not want on my car and most of the options I will choose are also options on the S-Line as well.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  28. #67
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    How do you spend so much on options when you admit to no sat Nav and no decent music. That seems excessive!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  29. #68
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    How do you spend so much on options when you admit to no sat Nav and no decent music. That seems excessive!
    Unfortunately quite easily.... on the new 8V I will actual consider spending £4,585 as follows and including a music upgrade!!

    Metallic paint - £525
    Electric lumbar support - £195
    Electric seats - £550
    Comfort pack - £300
    Xenon headlights - £1250
    Audi sound system - £255
    Through load facility - £150
    Storage and luggage pack - £145
    Door mirrors - auto folding heated etc - £250
    Hold assist - £90
    Audi parking system front and rear - £250
    Reversing camera - £275
    Adaptive cruise control - £350

    Options - £4,585
    2.0TDI-184 Sport s-tronic quattro - £27,905
    Grand total = £32,490 less discount

    I may go for the Aluminium roof bars if I have Silver as the colour and I may decide not to have the Storage and luggage pack.
    Last edited by h5djr; 18th January 2014 at 17:14.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  30. #69
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    494
    Options are worth next to nothing if you are trading the car in.

    Private sale you might get a bit more out of the sale if you find a buyer that wants the options you have, otherwise again, options value is minimal.

  31. #70
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Options are worth next to nothing if you are trading the car in.

    Private sale you might get a bit more out of the sale if you find a buyer that wants the options you have, otherwise again, options value is minimal.
    To the trade-in value they are not worth a lot but to me, when I own the car, they are worth a lot. I don't buy a car with a view to it's trade-in price I buy what I want.

    There only real value is that they make the car easier and quick for the dealer to sell which often means a trade-in price a little above the normal 'book' price. As I said earlier my dealer has often sold my trade-in before he even gets it.
    Oyster likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  32. #71
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,264
    They also make the car easier to sell...
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  33. #72
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    somewhere
    Posts
    612
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    Unfortunately quite easily.... on the new 8V I will actual consider spending £4,585 as follows and including a music upgrade!!

    Metallic paint - £525
    Electric lumbar support - £195
    Electric seats - £550
    Comfort pack - £300
    Xenon headlights - £1250
    Audi sound system - £255
    Through load facility - £150
    Storage and luggage pack - £145
    Door mirrors - auto folding heated etc - £250
    Hold assist - £90
    Audi parking system front and rear - £250
    Reversing camera - £275
    Adaptive cruise control - £350

    Options - £4,585
    2.0TDI-184 Sport s-tronic quattro - £27,905
    Grand total = £32,490 less discount

    I may go for the Aluminium roof bars if I have Silver as the colour and I may decide not to have the Storage and luggage pack.
    Did you consider the S3 seeing as your spending that much?
    PilotAudi likes this.

  34. #73
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by Louay View Post
    Did you consider the S3 seeing as your spending that much?
    Seems odd spending so much on extras on a Fwd diseasel... Makes no sense!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  35. #74
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Seems odd spending so much on extras on a Fwd diseasel... Makes no sense!
    If I want similar to my existing 170 diesel s-tronic the 184 s-tronic is the only one that will give me the same. I would possibly accept a non-quattro version if they did one but as I want s-tronic I have no option but to have quattro as well. When I had one for the day it was just what I and H5 JHR want from a car. A lot of the options are the same as I have already and the extra ones will just add to the enjoyment. I will certainly not be saying I wish I'd had so and so and trying to retro fit it like a lot of A3 forum members. In may not be PilotAudi approved but that does not really make any difference. Having a car I enjoy driving is more important to me than saving money. I might not have that much time left to spend it, who knows!! I'm sure there are a lot of people who spend far more than me on their hobbies - cars and computers and I already have the computers I want.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  36. #75
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242

    Finance options?

    Wrong attitude Dave.. I have no option but to have quattro.. What's that about. For me quattro is a must. To suggest it is a compromise suggests to me you don't get it. Sorry if that's a bit direct but quattro makes it.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  37. #76
    RAPS3's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Moo Moo Land
    Posts
    1,040
    Like you say yours ordering the car for you and how you want it for 3 years of ownership - I must admit though I don't understand why people spec electric seats. How often do you love them. Does it give you anything else on the option or is it purely adding in the function of moving the seats by motor instead of lever and bum shift
    Paul R

    S3 Sportback - Sprint, Buckets, Bose, Rain & light, Alu rails, Piano trim, FT Warning, Bluetooth prep
    S3's now sold - roll on the Golf MK1 Project

  38. #77
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Agree , electric seats bah.. Had them on A4 cab, A5 coupe, a7 and hated them!
    Oyster likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  39. #78
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Agree , electric seats bah.. Had them on A4 cab, A5 coupe, a7 and hated them!
    I first had electric seats in my last A3 because the normal adjustment would often give way when I was driving. But having had them in two A3 I like them and also Mrs R has bad arthritis in her hands which makes adjusting the back-rest with the normal wheel in particular painful if not impossible and she also drives the car sometimes. My existing 8P only has electric adjustment on the drivers seat whereas the 8V has it on both front seats which is even better - definitely worth £550 to us. Again not a PilotAudi approved option but so what or was you comment just to tell us your have has an A4 Cab, A5 coupe and an A7.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  40. #79
    PilotAudi's Avatar
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,242
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I first had electric seats in my last A3 because the normal adjustment would often give way when I was driving. But having had them in two A3 I like them and also Mrs R has bad arthritis in her hands which makes adjusting the back-rest with the normal wheel in particular painful if not impossible and she also drives the car sometimes. My existing 8P only has electric adjustment on the drivers seat whereas the 8V has it on both front seats which is even better - definitely worth £550 to us. Again not a PilotAudi approved option but so what or was you comment just to tell us your have has an A4 Cab, A5 coupe and an A7.
    Not at all Dave. I have had many Audis. The A3 seats in manual mode need to be clicked into place, failure to do this properly does indeed make them move and click into place. Generally a simple procedure . Memory seats are a real pain (had them in a 5&7) wherever you set them you always fiddle so my conclusion is why bother. The A4 cab electric seats were so slow. Getting people in back was a pain. Sorry electric seats aren't on my list as an option. I put up with them foc on A7.

    On the SE seats vs sport , IMHO the SE are equally poor on both 8P and 8v versions. Personal matter and folks should try for themselves.
    Oyster likes this.
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

  41. #80
    Oyster's Avatar
    Neutral

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    49
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    That's true - my 2 year old A1 185 was book trade in £15k (against £20.8k RRP). So it has held its money very well. I got offered £15.7k from my dealer which was probably inflated but he reckons he can shift it with in weeks for around £18k. Mine is immaculate mind with only 8000 miles. He said there is a strong market for very tidy and low mileage cars at the moment.
    Last week I was given £14.300 on 61 plate and a free gap for my present A1 S-Line 1 6 TDI with a whooping 6300miles on the clock, not a mark on body work.

    There is a buyer waiting in the wings, salesman will ring me next week, when he wants the car.
    A1 1.6 TDI S Line SOLD

    Ordered
    A3 Saloon S-line 1 4 cod S-Tronic, Misano Red, B & O ,Comfort package, Door mirrors electrically adjustable, folding and heated,Electric lumbar support, mono.pur. Interior lighting package,Privacy glass,S line sports
    suspension,Technology package,Alcantara / leather, Tyre pressure loss indicator,. Freebies So Far, Gap Insurance, 1 yrs Free Service, Rubber Mats all Round, Astrays, Set Of Tech Leads.

 

 
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. HOME SECURITY OPTIONS
    By Naresh in forum General Chat
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 13th August 2003, 01:58
  2. Audi 80 2E performance and tuning options
    By lahdee in forum Classic Audi Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 22nd July 2003, 21:33
  3. New A3 options........
    By Wolfsburger in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 24th June 2003, 23:06
  4. If you had the option would you?
    By gtdog in forum Other Brands & Models
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 4th April 2003, 09:30

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO