Monster MotorsportSky Insurance
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 41 to 79 of 79
Like Tree22Likes

Thread: Another Test Drive

  1. #41
    scotty76's Avatar
    5th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Berkshire
    Posts
    1,074
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    There are the ones who are driving the requirement for a EU wide 'MOT' type test which will include a way a checking for engine management units that have been modified since manufacturer.
    Shame really. Doesn't that sound like the beginnings of "if you don't get it from dealer it's illegal"? To put that in perspective my battery has had it. Dealer wants £116 + £72 fitting for a new one. My local Audi indie will fit the genuine battery for £98. Why is the labour £72?! To pay for my "free" coffee.

  2. # ADS
    ADS
    Join Date
    Always
    Location
    Global
    Posts
    Many
     
  3. #42
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Yes but no quattro so handling will be pants.
    Yes, if you are only doing roundabout speeds, Quattro would be fantastic. However...

    You do know that the A3 uses a Haldex Quattro system? You do know Quattro adds 100kg to a car? You do know that Quattro reduces the size of the boot a lot? You do know that above a certain speed it operates as FWD? You do know that in winter conditions winter tyres will perform better? (I can provide 3 videos that prove the last point!)

    Above a certain speed when traction is not an issue, all Quattro does is effect the power-to-weight ratio. So, above a certain speed, A3 Quattro would have fractionally slower acceleration and fractionally longer braking distances, than a similar FWD Audi.

    Again, I'm not against Quattro, I just recognise it has pros AND cons.
    hittchy, cemerson and BGS like this.

  4. #43
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    At least in this country at the moment, the MOT wouldn't be able to cover that, as they aren't allowed to take anything apart to do the MOT, they can only inspect what they can see (and use - lights etc). No doubt that'll change soon though.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  5. #44
    Quote Originally Posted by scotty76 View Post
    Shame really. Doesn't that sound like the beginnings of "if you don't get it from dealer it's illegal"? To put that in perspective my battery has had it. Dealer wants £116 + £72 fitting for a new one. My local Audi indie will fit the genuine battery for £98. Why is the labour £72?! To pay for my "free" coffee.
    Not really. In Germany it is the item that is approved for each particular car. There is nothing about who has to fit it. All sorts of batteries for example can be approved and not just those supplied by Audi. Any manufacturer can apply to have any item approved for any car. It just stops sub-standard and dangerous items to fitted to cars that can be going very fast on public roads (autobahns)
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  6. #45
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    No choice on our new S 3 . Surely you aren't suggesting winter tyres are a substitute for quattro ?

    Have had 4 a3 quattro and 8 others 4/5/6 and 7 and am fully aware of different systems.

  7. #46
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by yetirider View Post
    My 1.6 TDI is my A1 took a good many miles to seem to offer its best power and MPG, have these test cars had enough miles on the clock to show the full potential? Might just be something to throw in the mix when comparing against your old car??
    I'm looking forward to my wife getting her A3 1.6 SE S-tronic. The Golf 1.6 SE DSG we test drove was quite nippy at legal speeds. Think it is going to be the perfect car for her.

  8. #47
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    At least in this country at the moment, the MOT wouldn't be able to cover that, as they aren't allowed to take anything apart to do the MOT, they can only inspect what they can see (and use - lights etc). No doubt that'll change soon though.
    Yes I think you are right. Things will have to change if a new EU wide 'MOT' becomes law. It will probably mean a lot less back-street MOT stations and many more major centres with the necessary equipment, know-how and authorisation to access the manufacturers computer system to check on items fitted when the car was built in the same way as dealers.

    I understand this is how the current system works in Germany.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  9. #48
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    I'm looking forward to my wife getting her A3 1.6 SE S-tronic. The Golf 1.6 SE DSG we test drove was quite nippy at legal speeds. Think it is going to be the perfect car for her.
    My wife has an A1 3-door SE with the 1.6TDI engine and love it to bits.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  10. #49
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Surely you aren't suggesting winter tyres are a substitute for quattro ?
    Winter tyres are better than Quattro in winter conditions. To save any arguments - please show me ONE video that suggests otherwise?
    hittchy likes this.

  11. #50
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Not saying winter tyres are bad. I prefer winter tyres and quattro !!

  12. #51
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    My wife has an A1 3-door SE with the 1.6TDI engine and love it to bits.
    My wife wanted an automatic. Don't think it is available in the A1 diesel yet.

  13. #52
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Not saying winter tyres are bad. I prefer winter tyres and quattro !!
    In winter conditions, winter tyres are the best/safest option on ANY car. Winter tyres have better braking distances below 7C.

    This is not just my opinion. It is well documented.

  14. #53
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    In winter conditions, winter tyres are the best/safest option on ANY car. Winter tyres have better braking distances below 7C.

    This is not just my opinion. It is well documented.
    Couple or points, what about winter tyres and AWD?
    FWD still better?

    You also have or have just ordered a front wheel drive Audi haven't you?

    No way would I ever have a non Quattro Audi, it's like ordering an iPod without iTunes capability.
    PilotAudi likes this.

  15. #54
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    You do know that Quattro reduces the size of the boot a lot? .
    Yes it puts the luggage compartment floor in the same position as all the demonstrators I have driven rather than the slightly lower position that non-quattros can use. Much better for me for day-to-day use and more than adequate if necessary to accommodate my mobility scooter. When we go on holiday we will put our two suitcases upright on the floor behind the front seats as we have to in my current 'non-quattro' Sportback. And there will still be room in the boot for some boxes of bottles of Mosel wine.

    I brought a 184 stronic quattro home when I had one for the day and tried putting everything in. No problems.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  16. #55
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    Couple or points, what about winter tyres and AWD?
    FWD still better?

    You also have or have just ordered a front wheel drive Audi haven't you?
    Like I said, please provide videos showing Quattro is better than winter tyres?

    We have just ordered a FWD A3 for my wife. Like I said before, if I though for 1 second she would be any safer in the winter in a Quattro then I would buy her one. I will be getting her 4 winter tyres. However, I did want to buy her a Humvee after some idiot drove out in front of her 2 years ago. She didn't want one

  17. #56
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    I brought a 184 stronic quattro home when I had one for the day and tried putting everything in. No problems.
    I'll have to get a test drive in one and see if there is any way all my tools and equipment will fit.

    I did use to manage with a Ford Puma. Still can't figure how my 6 foot brother ........edit delete .......with a girl in the back of that car.

    Though I seem to have more work stuff now.
    Last edited by Daz Auto; 10th January 2014 at 21:28.

  18. #57
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    I'll have to get a test drive in one and see if there is any way all my tools and equipment will fit.

    I did use to manage with a Ford Puma. Still can't figure how my 6 foot brother ........edit delete ........in the back of that car.

    Though I seem to have more work stuff now.
    I'm 6'3ish, and have managed to get in the back of a Puma before... wasn't comfortable though!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  19. #58
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Like I said, please provide videos showing Quattro is better than winter tyres?

    We have just ordered a FWD A3 for my wife. Like I said before, if I though for 1 second she would be any safer in the winter in a Quattro then I would buy her one. I will be getting her 4 winter tyres. However, I did want to buy her a Humvee after some idiot drove out in front of her 2 years ago. She didn't want one
    My question was is FWD with winter tyres better than Quattro with winter tyres? The answer is no.
    Thought you might be a FWD buyer...........not sure why, just had an inkling.

    I've never used winter tyres and we get some bad winters up here. Never had a problem to date (touch wood) in 19 winters of driving.
    Driving style is the key to a safe winter, but Quattro is better than FWD if the tyres are the same on both.
    PilotAudi likes this.

  20. #59
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    My question was is FWD with winter tyres better than Quattro with winter tyres? The answer is no.
    Thought you might be a FWD buyer...........not sure why, just had an inkling.

    I've never used winter tyres and we get some bad winters up here. Never had a problem to date (touch wood) in 19 winters of driving.
    Driving style is the key to a safe winter, but Quattro is better than FWD if the tyres are the same on both.
    Yes and no.

    Show me the videos please?

  21. #60
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Yes and no.

    Show me the videos please?
    Winter tyres: 4x4 grip test video | Auto Express
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

  22. #61
    6th Gear

    Status
    Online
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Posts
    3,223
    I don't use winter tyres either on my FWD cars, never have, I just take it easy. Far too many people think quattro is going to make them invincible in winter... there's nothing funnier than seeing a 4x4 in a ditch because its owner had no clue and no options though!
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

  23. #62
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    I don't use winter tyres either on my FWD cars, never have, I just take it easy. Far too many people think quattro is going to make them invincible in winter... there's nothing funnier than seeing a 4x4 in a ditch because its owner had no clue and no options though!
    I use winter tyres not for snow (if it's snowing I stay home and watch TV) but for cold wet conditions where one wouldn't necessarily think to take it easy, as you would in snow, but still give loads more grip and better braking when needed.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  24. #63
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    My question was is FWD with winter tyres better than Quattro with winter tyres? The answer is no.
    Are you sure? Quattro's are 7-8% heavier than the same car without Quattro. Now Audi are trying to reduce the weight of their cars to improve performance and handling. The A3 for example has been reduce by around 80kg. Quattro adds around 100kg. Do you think that extra weight will effect the handling of a car in the winter?

    Yes, Quattro has better traction in winter, but handling and braking... ? Simple physics... heavier object will require more energy, more friction or a longer distance to stop.

  25. #64
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Yes and no.

    Show me the videos please?
    I can't be bothered looking for video's. I get easily bored of winter tyre discussions, so will close with the below.

    I've owned AWD and FWD and AWD is better in winter on non winter tyres.
    Never needed winter tyres even though in North East Scotland.
    Perhaps a winter driving course might do you as well as these amazing winter tyres.

    AWD is also better in wet and greasy conditions.

    FWD is only on a par in the dry.

    Trust me, from driving many of both, this is the truth.

    I like FWD cars by the way, prefer the way a Renaultsport Megane drives to my S3, but definitely not in wintry weather conditions.
    I wouldn't buy an Audi with FWD as there are other manufacturers out there that set up their FWD systems far better than Audi do.

    Audi is all about Quattro, it is better, just because you didn't get it on your car (for whatever reason) and have seen video's won't ever change that.

    I'm out.
    PilotAudi likes this.

  26. #65
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigI View Post
    I can't be bothered looking for video's. I get easily bored of winter tyre discussions, so will close with the below.

    I've owned AWD and FWD and AWD is better in winter on non winter tyres.
    Never needed winter tyres even though in North East Scotland.
    Perhaps a winter driving course might do you as well as these amazing winter tyres.

    AWD is also better in wet and greasy conditions.

    FWD is only on a par in the dry.

    Trust me, from driving many of both, this is the truth.

    I like FWD cars by the way, prefer the way a Renaultsport Megane drives to my S3, but definitely not in wintry weather conditions.
    I wouldn't buy an Audi with FWD as there are other manufacturers out there that do them far better than Audi can.

    Audi is all about Quattro, it is better, just because you didn't get it on your car (for whatever reason) and have seen video's won't ever change that.

    I'm out.
    ... all in YOUR opinion. Please provide ANY videos or documented evidence to support your opinions?

  27. #66
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    Are you sure? Quattro's are 7-8% heavier than the same car without Quattro. Now Audi are trying to reduce the weight of their cars to improve performance and handling. The A3 for example has been reduce by around 80kg. Quattro adds around 100kg. Do you think that extra weight will effect the handling of a car in the winter?

    Yes, Quattro has better traction in winter, but handling and braking... ? Simple physics... heavier object will require more energy, more friction or a longer distance to stop.
    Not if you know how to drive properly.
    If it worries you so much, perhaps when driving in the snow do so without any passengers or luggage, possibly even only on an empty stomach......

    Definitely out now. Bored.
    PilotAudi and BGS like this.

  28. #67
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Posts
    564
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    ... all in YOUR opinion. Please provide ANY videos or documented evidence to support your opinions?

  29. #68
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Excellent video.

    There are 2 more.

  30. #69
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    602
    Are we confusing "winter" with "snow"? Winter tyres are for cold weather in general and not just for snow. There are many discussions in the forum on what is the best tyre for the A3 so obviously it is very important to people to know which are the best tyres they can fit on their car. But for nearly half the year the best tyres possible are winter tyres. In cold/wet/snowy conditions they ARE the best tyres one could possibly fit. So those who choose not to fit them are accepting that for a large chunk of the year they will be using inferior tyres, and that is of course their choice.
    PilotAudi and Daz Auto like this.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  31. #70
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Are we confusing "winter" with "snow"?
    European friction tyres or Nordic friction tyres. No confusion here! I always do my research - it goes with my job.

    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    In cold/wet/snowy conditions they ARE the best tyres one could possibly fit So those who choose not to fit them are accepting that for a large chunk of the year they will be using inferior tyres, and that is of course their choice.
    I currently have 4 winter tyres fitted to my car. My wife has 4 winter tyres fitted to her car. They are not 4WD cars. I have found NOTHING that suggests we are safer with 4WD for winter driving.
    Last edited by Daz Auto; 10th January 2014 at 22:48.

  32. #71
    snakehips's Avatar
    3rd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Aug 2013
    Location
    North Herts
    Posts
    602
    Quote Originally Posted by Daz Auto View Post
    European friction tyres or Nordic friction tyres. No confusion here! I always do my research - it goes with my job.
    I simply meant that the winter tyre discussion seemed to be focusing only on performance in snow and not the wider benefits, that's all. Not sure what you are saying here but I know we are in agreement.
    Last edited by snakehips; 11th January 2014 at 08:31.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

  33. #72
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by snakehips View Post
    Are we confusing "winter" with "snow"? Winter tyres are for cold weather in general and not just for snow. There are many discussions in the forum on what is the best tyre for the A3 so obviously it is very important to people to know which are the best tyres they can fit on their car. But for nearly half the year the best tyres possible are winter tyres. In cold/wet/snowy conditions they ARE the best tyres one could possibly fit. So those who choose not to fit them are accepting that for a large chunk of the year they will be using inferior tyres, and that is of course their choice.
    Completely agree with this. Good to see a Quattro driver that understands this. Many have already formed an opinion and refuse to accept - despite the evidence - that there may be a better option.

    Have chatted online with many drivers, who tell lots of stories about how Quattro is the best thing for winter driving - in THEIR experience/opinion . Now, to stop any arguments, I ask for some documented evidence? There are several videos and many articles that say winter tyres are a cheaper and better option than 4WD for winter driving.

    I am not against Quattro. Of course the best option is winter tyres AND Quattro. But winter tyres first.

    Here is my favourite video demonstration -


  34. #73
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    I agree Daz 'Of course the best option is winter tyres AND Quattro.'

    Not so sure on 'But winter tyres first'. A lot will surely depend on the temperature and conditions. Your pictures all seem to imply snow etc.

    I'll stick with quattro (and winter tyres when required thanks). quattro is not just about driving in adverse weather situations. it provides far better handling characteristics, little or no wheel spinning and gets rid of what I consider a terrifying FWD Torque steer from powerful FWD cars. I remember the MG Montego Turbo and more recently Saab Aero FWD. The former required no steering wheel intervention to overtake, just plant the throttle and the torque steer did the rest.. terrifying. Cars have moved on I realise but I still prefer quattro.

    We do however have a family Golf 1.6 Tdi 105 Match BM Tech.. which is a cracking car. Once wound up it goes well and 60mpg. That sort of vehicle doesn't warrant AWD/quattro IMHO, however an S3 does as I believe does a 170/184 bhp (+loads of torque A3).
    Pulp84 likes this.

  35. #74
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,557
    Hi, one more thing about remaps, seeing as it seems to have generated some 'myths' about how they are performed. A proper remap is virtually undetectable unless you understand coding or have access to a rolling road, as it involves altering the actual specific mapping on the vehicle, thus all of the identifiable markings to the vehicle will still be there. Now we understand that the VW group have a system that detects any interference with the ECU, however I sure that can be overcome quite easily if the person writing the code goes about it correctly. Some have stated that a ecu records the number of times it has been accessed but again I have never seen any evidence that this has been seen and used by any dealership. But again it is something that probably could be bypassed. We have also yet to see any incidences where Audi have actually seem the alerts and taken action upon it. I would also think that the worst that would have is that they welch on the warranty, which is why then only a remap with such a warranty should be obtained.
    However I believe that a 'piggy back' tuning box circumnavigates some of the issues anyway.

    One of my remapped cars, a 2008 Mk4 Mondeo, went through several MOT's performed by the main dealer, it was serviced by them, I even sold it back to them, and they never once suspected it had a remap at all. I did tell the salesperson eventually once he'd sold the car and after he was selling me my current vehicle, a Focus, however he was not bothered at all. I even told the Audi salesperson that my p/x focus had a remap and I'd taken it off, he wasn't interested either.
    Things might change of course, but until they do it isn't worth speculating upon..
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  36. #75
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    The worry for me would be doing something and hiding it from dealer / insurer could invalidate warranty and cover !

  37. #76
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    That sort of vehicle doesn't warrant AWD/quattro IMHO, however an S3 does as I believe does a 170/184 bhp (+loads of torque A3).
    No argument from me that the S3 definitely needs Quattro. I understand the issues that sort of power causes.

    Yes I would benefit from Quattro traction at lower speeds with the 170ps engine. Though my new summer tyres have helped a lot with low speed traction. Above 30-40mph - when traction is not an issue for 170ps levels of power/torque - Quattro is just dead weight.

    Though the TORSEN Sport Quattro system with torque vectoring looks like it would be amazing. Pity it is not available on the A3
    PilotAudi likes this.

  38. #77
    6th Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Location
    East Sussex
    Posts
    1,557
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    The worry for me would be doing something and hiding it from dealer / insurer could invalidate warranty and cover !
    You should declare it to your insurance company of course. As to informing the dealership is entirely up to you. I usually remap a car when it is near its last year of the three year warranty and make sure the supplier of the remap has their own one year warranty.
    Cumbrian_bob likes this.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.

  39. #78
    2nd Gear

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    353
    Back on topic. Sorry if you have seen this already.

    Quote Originally Posted by h5djr View Post
    The power from the 150 engine was noticeable down on my current 170 in some situations...


    Though I think the Golf is slightly heavier than an A3 170ps

  40. #79
    Banned

    Status
    Offline
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    SW
    Posts
    2,353
    Not sure that is conclusive... for a start look at the difference in outside temperature 7.5 degrees vs 20.5 degrees

 

 
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Similar Threads

  1. Another New S3 Test Drive
    By Spook in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 25th November 2006, 14:32
  2. DSG test drive
    By _Steve in forum A3/S3/Sportback (8P Chassis)
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 12th January 2005, 21:59
  3. S3 test drive
    By FTO in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 9th July 2004, 16:49
  4. Performance Open Week - My Test Drive
    By PaulBelsham in forum A3/S3 Forum (8L Chassis)
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 9th December 2003, 13:25

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Single Sign On provided by vBSSO

Garage Plus, Vendor Tools vBulletin Plugins by Drive Thru Online, Inc.

Content Relevant URLs by vBSEO