8V Sport Models (Pictures!)

phisshh

Reaction score
Hi guys,

I'm in the process of specifying my new Sport model A3 as a company car. Not having an awful lot to spend, I'm having difficulty choosing!

I'm currently looking at Glacier white, privacy glass, black roof rails, cruise control and the audi sound upgrade

If anyone could post a few Sport model pictures I'd be very appreciative.

Thanks in advance!

^ Lovely car but the OP is after the sport model not S3 :blow:

Reactions: Johnnyb
 1028180 1028176View attachment 25292

Attachments

• 20131214_152847.jpg
    20131214_152847.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 172
  • 20131214_152806.jpg
    20131214_152806.jpg
    90.5 KB · Views: 165
Last edited:
Reactions: MA3RC
Could anyone with Sport models tell me whether it's worth paying £500 for 18" wheels? The 17" look a little small.

Is it worth paying £1,000,000.00 for a painting?
Way up the residual £, ride handling quality
Only you know what its worth to you.

I was happy with 16" on a Passat, im happy with 17" on the A3.
I could think of better upgrades for £500.00 but that's my opinion.

I did think today while taking the above photo's that considering I kept the Sport suspension the car doesn't look lowered in any way.
That can give the impression that the wheels are small.

Fluges

I've only driven with the 18" wheels and found it very soft and comfortable. But then I've never had an Audi before, so maybe my standards for comfort are pretty low! Anyone able to say whether 17" is noticeably more comfortable?

Then im not really qualified to answer your question, I'd rather not go any firmer than my current set up.
Its firmer than im used to but love the handling that comes with it.

Just out of interest why are you limited to that, where I work they tend to just buy them and insist it's an S-Line with comfort minimum if it's a bought car regardless of position maybe you can negotiate extra toys if you are somebody a bit more special.

The guy that buys them tell's me it's not worth the lower resale in 3 yrs buying anything less, but maybe that's it, are you going contract hire and that's all that's on the list.

Just out of interest why are you limited to that, where I work they tend to just buy them and insist it's an S-Line with comfort minimum if it's a bought car regardless of position maybe you can negotiate extra toys if you are somebody a bit more special.

The guy that buys them tell's me it's not worth the lower resale in 3 yrs buying anything less, but maybe that's it, are you going contract hire and that's all that's on the list.

I'm considering buying new - the difference between Sport and S-line with identical spec is £1500-2000. Can that really justify higher residuals?

16" on the 8P basic spec I drove around for a while was really comfortable, took speed ramps and potholes like a dream but then I knew I wasn't keeping it long and was giving it back soon.

I would say it's a combination of tyre size and springs, you know the 8V comes with "sport" suspension springs as standard these days right? unless you deselect it up or down to s-line or standard, it's not terribly harsh at all on 18's with the standard offering springs unless your one of these idiots that likes to drive over ramps at 40mph and not look where your going pothole wise.

I'm considering buying new - the difference between Sport and S-line with identical spec is £1500-2000. Can that really justify higher residuals?

Accountant where I work reckons it works out over 3 years, as long as it's decent spec i.e. at least comfort pack on it and isn't a daft colour nobody is going to want.

I'm guessing Ice Silver is the easiest colour to sell? Although with S-line, I would be tempted to join the Daytona Grey club.

I'm guessing Ice Silver is the easiest colour to sell? Although with S-line, I would be tempted to join the Daytona Grey club.

Good choice although im biased, got told either Black/Scuba Blue/Red but went for Grey straight away, always liked the colour gunmetal grey and wanted something close, spent more time debating between Monsoon and Daytona than anything else on the car, almost ended up just tossing a coin for it.

Is this a car your buying via your own business or basically a personal buy and paying for it with mileage?

I wondered that, but I wanted zenons and when you add what extra you get with the SLine I felt it was value. Half leather, 18" wheels, body kit nicer seats etc.

I wondered that, but I wanted zenons and when you add what extra you get with the SLine I felt it was value. Half leather, 18" wheels, body kit nicer seats etc.

Yeah I included Xenon Light Pack in my pricing, then you realise the S-line doesn't come with Adaptive Xenons or the interior light pack which are in that on Sport. The S-line 18" wheels do look nicer though.