Badger5Monster Motorsport
    Reverse Gear

Status

Concert versus Audi Sound System

Hi,

Does anybody have experience of the Audi Sound System compared with the Concert on the 8p? Standard against chorus?

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by geepee View Post
    Hi,

Does anybody have experience of the Audi Sound System compared with the Concert on the 8p? Standard against chorus?
    you may be better asking in the 8p forums

unless your thinking of 8v sound vs 8p??
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

6th Gear

Status
    Hi,

As above, ask in the 8P section.

Chorus has 2 speakers in the front only, Concert upwards has 4 speakers, the back 2 being amplified/active afaik.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by a6-chris View Post
    As above, ask in the 8P section.

Chorus has 2 speakers in the front only, Concert upwards has 4 speakers, the back 2 being amplified/active afaik.
    No, I'm interested in the new audio and how it compares to the old. I have the concert on my 8p and am interested in what i need to spec on the new model.

5th Gear

Status
    No, I'm interested in the new audio and how it compares to the old. I have the concert on my 8p and am interested in what i need to spec on the new model.
    I had Concert on my old 8P and Audio upgrade now on my 8V and really are like chalk and cheese

8P Concert = sounds like an Amstrad - loud enough but with no substance
    8V Audi sound system = equivalent to low/mid range home HIFI system (Sony or equivalent) - good enough for me but not B&O std, but would not buy B&O for home
    Last edited by Daveotto; 3rd January 2014 at 12:16.
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks, just what I was after.

Banned

Status
    Have had Concert and Bose in 8P A3's . I thought Concert was poor, Bose was much better. Have heard all 3 in new 8V.. Basic version is really poor, ASS not as good as 8P Bose hence we have ordered B&O which sounds awesome.

NHN
    Modmetractor

Status
    Concert came with or without Bose, the Concert/Symphony units with either Bose or not were far to bassy imho, which was very apparent when an RNS-E was fitted in place with a clearer more defined sound, with Bose RNS-E is not bad at all.

8V as already stated base level isn't much to write about, it isn't utterly crap either, I would go with B&O if you an afford it, by most reports its a good system.

OEM RETROFITS - CRUISE CONTROL - SAT NAV - BLUETOOTH - AMI - HEADLIGHT SYSTEMS

PARKING SYSTEMS - DIAGNOSTICS - FAULT FINDING - BODYWORK - PAINTWORK

c_w
    5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Have had Concert and Bose in 8P A3's . I thought Concert was poor, Bose was much better.
    I've had 3 A3s two with Concert and one with BOSE (I had a BOSE and a Concert car at the same time). For me there is little difference between the two, the BOSE just had a tighter sounding base at low levels but it was often too much so I don't really miss it in my current car with Concert as the bass from the standard sub is plenty even on centre setting.

Third Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Have had Concert and Bose in 8P A3's . I thought Concert was poor, Bose was much better. Have heard all 3 in new 8V.. Basic version is really poor, ASS not as good as 8P Bose hence we have ordered B&O which sounds awesome.
    Totally agree, had Bose in my last 2 audi's which was very good. Got ASS in my 8v and it's not a patch on the Bose, really sorry I never specced B&O.

Mark
    07 S3 Sprint Blue Now Sold
    12 Range Rover Evoque Dynamic Now sold
    A3 20 TDI S-Line Sportback in Daytona Grey with Aluminium Roof Rails, Fine Nappa Leather, Sat Nav, Comfort pack,Audi Sound System, Folding Mirrors, Heated Seats, Privacy Glass, Interior Light Pack, Non Smoke Pack.

6th Gear

Status
    As I said, in the Audi Q3 I do not rate the Bose system at all. It isn't very clear and has too much bass that is poorly defined. I'm not surprised really as they are a American company founded by a guy who bears that name. Taken from Wikipedia "Discussion of the quality of Bose products can sometimes elicit strong and polarized opinions. There are two major camps: those who see Bose as a maker of high-end equipment, and others who see Bose as a company that uses marketing to make extravagant claims for otherwise ordinary products." I tend to agree with that last statement entirely and I would never consider them for my home at all.
    Now a proud owner of a A3 1.4 tfsi Saloon S-Line, 6-speed, Daytona Grey, Technology Pack, Comfort Pack, Cruise, Advanced Key, Privacy Glass, Audi Parking System Plus, Interior Lighting, Folding Door Mirrors, Light & Rain Sensor. Hold Assist.