Sky InsuranceChris Nott
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree39Likes

Thread: Adaptive Cruise Fails to Brake to a Stop - Nearly Hits Car!

6th Gear

Status
    It should know where you are driving from the GPS, surely?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I'd doubt that - it would make ACC dependent on the nav system preparation package, which might not be installed by default in all markets, and in any case wouldn't explain the behaviour I described.

EDIT: A bit of research later led me to Patent US6114973 - Method and apparatus for recognizing whether traffic drives on the right or ... - Google Patents , so it seems Bosch have a patent on this very function.
    Last edited by constvoid; 7th January 2014 at 15:40.
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

1st Gear

Status
    Some great info on this thread, cheers guys!

6th Gear

Status
    Well, some of the systems (eg, LED lights, static cornering lights) hook in to the GPS for some of their functions, so it wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps it does it if the GPS is there, and uses that as a backup method? As I say, I've not ever noticed it do this.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Well, some of the systems (eg, LED lights, static cornering lights) hook in to the GPS for some of their functions, so it wouldn't surprise me. Perhaps it does it if the GPS is there, and uses that as a backup method? As I say, I've not ever noticed it do this.
    OK - this sounds plausible. I don't have SD Sat Nav or the tech pack, so the ACC wouldn't have the necessary maps available to determine LHD vs RHD and would use the patented logic referred to above.
    Audi A3 Sportback Sport 1.8 TFSI S-Tronic, MY14, Scuba Blue, 15-spoke 17" alloys, Comfort Pack with ACC, Interior Lighting Pack, Audi Sound System.

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Isn't one day being able to use a car without needing a licence a good thing?

Steve: You'll get used to ACC soon enough. It has very few quirks, works remarkably well, and you'll soon learn the limitations and best uses of it.
    im used to tech, I might be nearly 46 but ive lived in the tech world both in private and business for a long time. Mind you being my first Audi, first auto, ill have a lot to get used to and not trying to change gear the auto selector for starters, lol
    Audi S3, Misano red, Stronic, ACC, Tech pack with Audi Connect, Comfort pack with park assist plus, though-load, aluminium roof bars, B&O, Led lights, Folding mirrors, Interior led lights, Hold assist, High beam assist, Pano roof, Privacy glass, Electric lumbar support

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by royalsteve68 View Post

and not trying to change gear the auto selector for starters, lol
    haha... same here.
    Daughter got another Sportback a year ago, S Tronic this time. I finally managed to get a drive after a couple on months.... only tried that a couple of times tho' -- she thought it was hilarious !
    ChrisG

5th Gear

Status
    I still end up trying to press the imaginary clutch down sometimes in our Golf GTi DSG - we've had it ages!

Sometimes mind just goes to sleep I think!
    Build Week 1: Panther Black S3 SB S-Tronic, black nappa, anthracite alloys, comfort pack with adaptive cruise and parking plus, active lane assist, adaptive xenons with variable range control and auto high beam, technology package HIGH with connect, B&O, tyre pressure warning, fold/dim/dip/heat mirrors, reversible boot liner, extended mono pur interior, privacy glass, hill hold assist, LED interior light pack, electric lumber support.

2nd Gear

Status
    Enjoying my 8V

Quote Originally Posted by Itguy View Post
    I still end up trying to press the imaginary clutch down sometimes in our Golf GTi DSG - we've had it ages!

Sometimes mind just goes to sleep I think!
    I occasionally do the same and I've been driving with s-tronic for the last 10 years. Mind you I did drive a manual for 38 years before that!!!
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123