When's the Black Edition coming to the 8V?

ValleyA3

Reaction score
I'm itching to own another A3 but have been waiting for the arrival of the Black Edition, does anyone know when its likely to be available? How long after to launch did the A1 Black Edition arrive?

Thanks

I'm itching to own another A3 but have been waiting for the arrival of the Black Edition, does anyone know when its likely to be available? How long after to launch did the A1 Black Edition arrive?

Thanks

The next change will probably be for the 2015 Model Year for which manufacture will start in June 2014. Some time around April Audi UK send details of the changes for MY2015 to the dealers and my dealer has promised to let me have a copy of any changes for the A3 range. I will post details as soon as I receive anything.

Reactions: squiretolley
A1 Black Edition was released Sept 2011. Was one of the first to get hold of one. So was 12 months after the model launched.

Am I missing something?

Why the interest and potentially waiting for a Black Edition? Surely it's just an S Line with some options thrown in? As you can already specific black optics why wait?

Steve

I thought there was a 'black styling pack' which was essentially the same thing?

Am I missing something?

Why the interest and potentially waiting for a Black Edition? Surely it's just an S Line with some options thrown in? As you can already specific black optics why wait?

Steve

On the A1 it was about £500 saving at the time I ordered it over S Line with the same options. Also had rotors which can. It get on S Line. Guess will be a similar deal on A3 when it does come out.

Thanks for the replies, based on the A1 hopefully the Black Edition will be here soon, I'll wait and see if its included as part of MY15.

The black styling pack is only one element of a potential Black Edition, I'm guessing it will probably also include privacy glass, colour coded alloys and an upgrade to Audi sound or B&O, all options I would add to an S-line. The reason I am waiting is because of the potential saving over purchasing an S-line plus the individual options. I previously owned an 8P Black Edition and the overall package was good value.

Our 8P Black edition was good value but I'm not waiting. Rotors are a pita to keep looking good and very costly to repair if damaged .

Thanks for the replies, based on the A1 hopefully the Black Edition will be here soon, I'll wait and see if its included as part of MY15.

The black styling pack is only one element of a potential Black Edition, I'm guessing it will probably also include privacy glass, colour coded alloys and an upgrade to Audi sound or B&O, all options I would add to an S-line. The reason I am waiting is because of the potential saving over purchasing an S-line plus the individual options. I previously owned an 8P Black Edition and the overall package was good value.

The saving isn't all that on a Black Edition. You can save more just by negotiating the price with the dealer. I had a black edition TTS and all the bits that made it a black edition (black styling pack, BOSE, 19" titanium alloys, Bluetooth) could all be specified and then discounted down to the same price. I think waiting for a black edition is a bit daft - just spec the car you want and then get talking to the sales rep... all the components to make up a black edition are now available.

I agree with SM above but with a caveat. When it comes to resale PX will a BE be worth more than an 'identical' S Line/S3 with Music, Black styling ??? Not sure on that..all I do know is I am not a fan of Rotor alloys.

I expect this has been answered a hundred times, but what is included in the 'Black Styling Pack'? As opposed to the 'Black Edition'?

I really liked the look of the Black Edition cars - So specced my 8V accordingly and am very happy with the outcome. The Black Styling Pack - only includes the exterior grill and window surrounds in Black rather than chrome.

I added black styling pack to my S3 as I think it looks loads better than chrome, especially on glacier white. I'm really happy with how it looks in the metal.

Reactions: SiBax
I agree with SM above but with a caveat. When it comes to resale PX will a BE be worth more than an 'identical' S Line/S3 with Music, Black styling ??? Not sure on that..all I do know is I am not a fan of Rotor alloys.

A1 Black Edition no different in trade in price from what I can gather. Maybe £200 odd.

A1 Black Edition no different in trade in price from what I can gather. Maybe £200 odd.

Not sure your post makes sense pulp... No difference + no difference ... £200 =£200.. Take a look at used A3 values for a real idea S Line versus BE.