AH FabricationsEM Tuning
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By h5djr
  • 1 Post By geefunk1978

Thread: When's the Black Edition coming to the 8V?

Reverse Gear

Status

When's the Black Edition coming to the 8V?

I'm itching to own another A3 but have been waiting for the arrival of the Black Edition, does anyone know when its likely to be available? How long after to launch did the A1 Black Edition arrive?

Thanks

2. # ADS
    ADS

Quote Originally Posted by ValleyA3 View Post
    I'm itching to own another A3 but have been waiting for the arrival of the Black Edition, does anyone know when its likely to be available? How long after to launch did the A1 Black Edition arrive?

Thanks
    The next change will probably be for the 2015 Model Year for which manufacture will start in June 2014. Some time around April Audi UK send details of the changes for MY2015 to the dealers and my dealer has promised to let me have a copy of any changes for the A3 range. I will post details as soon as I receive anything.
    squiretolley likes this.
    Dave R (h5djr)
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    A3 8V 2.0 TDI-184 Sportback Sport s-tronic quattro - Silver + lots of options - my 9th A3

6th Gear

Status
    8p BE arrived after 5 years!
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    A1 Black Edition was released Sept 2011. Was one of the first to get hold of one. So was 12 months after the model launched.
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

Ordered - S3 Sportback S-Tronic
    - Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

1st Gear

Status
    Am I missing something?

Why the interest and potentially waiting for a Black Edition? Surely it's just an S Line with some options thrown in? As you can already specific black optics why wait?

Steve
    A4 B8 2.0TDi S Line Multitronic

6th Gear

Status
    I thought there was a 'black styling pack' which was essentially the same thing?
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by TTLAW View Post
    Am I missing something?

Why the interest and potentially waiting for a Black Edition? Surely it's just an S Line with some options thrown in? As you can already specific black optics why wait?

Steve
    On the A1 it was about £500 saving at the time I ordered it over S Line with the same options. Also had rotors which can. It get on S Line. Guess will be a similar deal on A3 when it does come out.
    A1 1.4 TFSI Black Edition (185) S-Tronic with paddles - Amalfi White with lots of options.

- Amalfi White, Comfort Pack, LED headlights, LED interior lights, High-beam assist, hill hold assist, privacy glass, mono-pur, folding mirrors, TPMS, Audi sound system and black Alacantra. Build week 16. Early May delivery (hopefully). The wait is getting boring now......

Reverse Gear

Status
    Thanks for the replies, based on the A1 hopefully the Black Edition will be here soon, I'll wait and see if its included as part of MY15.

The black styling pack is only one element of a potential Black Edition, I'm guessing it will probably also include privacy glass, colour coded alloys and an upgrade to Audi sound or B&O, all options I would add to an S-line. The reason I am waiting is because of the potential saving over purchasing an S-line plus the individual options. I previously owned an 8P Black Edition and the overall package was good value.

6th Gear

Status
    Our 8P Black edition was good value but I'm not waiting. Rotors are a pita to keep looking good and very costly to repair if damaged .
    SOLD 0201204 8P March 2011 Black Edition 2.0Tdi170 Sportback quattro..lots of bits... Others in the Garage......
    Arrived 1 March 2014 ..Phantom 2014 8V S3 Sportback. lots of bits, Pano roof, Tech Pack.TPMS, WOW ;-)

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by ValleyA3 View Post
    Thanks for the replies, based on the A1 hopefully the Black Edition will be here soon, I'll wait and see if its included as part of MY15.

The black styling pack is only one element of a potential Black Edition, I'm guessing it will probably also include privacy glass, colour coded alloys and an upgrade to Audi sound or B&O, all options I would add to an S-line. The reason I am waiting is because of the potential saving over purchasing an S-line plus the individual options. I previously owned an 8P Black Edition and the overall package was good value.
    The saving isn't all that on a Black Edition. You can save more just by negotiating the price with the dealer. I had a black edition TTS and all the bits that made it a black edition (black styling pack, BOSE, 19" titanium alloys, Bluetooth) could all be specified and then discounted down to the same price. I think waiting for a black edition is a bit daft - just spec the car you want and then get talking to the sales rep... all the components to make up a black edition are now available.
    S3 Misano Red | s tronic | super sport seats | black styling pack | 10 spoke matt titanium alloys | privacy glass|technology pack high with mobile | audi sound system | though load | light & rain sensor pack | rear parking sensors | electric folding mirrors | tyre pressure monitoring | non smoking pack.

Scheduled delivery June 2014

6th Gear

Status
    I agree with SM above but with a caveat. When it comes to resale PX will a BE be worth more than an 'identical' S Line/S3 with Music, Black styling ??? Not sure on that..all I do know is I am not a fan of Rotor alloys.

Reverse Gear

Status
    I expect this has been answered a hundred times, but what is included in the 'Black Styling Pack'? As opposed to the 'Black Edition'?

Neutral

Status
    I really liked the look of the Black Edition cars - So specced my 8V accordingly and am very happy with the outcome. The Black Styling Pack - only includes the exterior grill and window surrounds in Black rather than chrome.

A3 Sportback 2.0 TDI 150 S Line - Brilliant Black, Black Styling Package, Black Roof Rails, Model and Tech Deletion, Comfort Package, Audi Sound System, SD Sat Nav, Privacy Glass, Folding Mirrors, Interior Lighting Package, Hold Assist, Through Load Facility, Non Smoking Pack and S Line Suspension.

3rd Gear

Status
    I added black styling pack to my S3 as I think it looks loads better than chrome, especially on glacier white. I'm really happy with how it looks in the metal.
    SiBax likes this.

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    I agree with SM above but with a caveat. When it comes to resale PX will a BE be worth more than an 'identical' S Line/S3 with Music, Black styling ??? Not sure on that..all I do know is I am not a fan of Rotor alloys.
    A1 Black Edition no different in trade in price from what I can gather. Maybe £200 odd.

6th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pulp84 View Post
    A1 Black Edition no different in trade in price from what I can gather. Maybe £200 odd.
    Not sure your post makes sense pulp... No difference + no difference ... £200 =£200.. Take a look at used A3 values for a real idea S Line versus BE.