Mud flaps anyone?

yetirider

Reaction score
Anyone put mud flaps on a SB?
Just wondered if they would reduce spray on a white car but never seen one with the on, or a picture
on the forum with them on.

Cheers

Had them on first 8 p but not worth the faff ,

Well worth it on the front at least, in my experience they reduce stone chipping down the lower sides.

Mudflaps possibility to be fitted onto 3dr s-line? Is modification possible?

As I stated the Audi supplied ones will not fit as standard but possibly universal custom jobbies car universal mud flaps brand new | eBay or even modify the Audi ones if anyone cares to try..

I previously had an 8P Sportback Quattro S-Line, which Audi claimed the mudflaps did NOT fit, however as a friend works for Audi I got a set just to try and they fitted perfectly with no mods and I am very fussy, so when my 8v S3 arrives I will be checking these too.....just saying!! I'll look for a pic and post it up.

I'm only going on what Audi state, if they do then I'll have a set. Keep us posted as too your result please...

I'm only going on what Audi state, if they do then I'll have a set. Keep us posted as too your result please...

No probs I'll be sure and let you know how i get on when I get round to trying them.

Has the accessory tab just appeared in the configurator? When I was working with my wife to build her car it wasn't there.

We asked the dealer for mud flaps and he said they cost £170. I now realise that the mud flaps only cost £80.

When I queried this with the dealer, he says that they are not factory fitted and they charge to fit them? Is that correct, if I use the configurator to build a car and spec mud flaps are they not factory fitted?

Last edited:
Can Audi not manufacture mudflaps for s-lines in all models as they must be the biggest sellers yet they never seem to fit.

It is the same for most manufacturers that have cover sills on there cars, our Mazda 2 Sport was the same. I think they assume that because you have chosen a more 'sporty' design you wouldn't want mudflaps fitted...