Worried about comfort/suspension?

I have just been having another look at the German Pricing and Specification Guide for the 8V and it contains the following item:

Dynamic suspension
Forward with a McPherson strut axle with lower wishbones, aluminium subframe and tubular stabilizer.
Back with a 4-link rear axle with separate spring-shock absorber arrangement, subframe and tubular stabilizer.
For the 1.2 TFSI 77 kW (105 PS) and 1.6 TDI 77 kW (105 PS) a slight twist-beam (torsion bar in English) rear axle is installed.

So that seems to confirm the situation. The two 77kW (105 PS) engined models have the 'torsion bar' rear suspension and all the other engine sizes have the '4-link rear axle'.

It's a shame Audi UK don't include this information in their Pricing and Specification Guide as well then there would be far less confusion.

Autocar need to get their facts straight.

It's not just Autocar... here is a review comparing cars...

VW Golf vs Audi A3 vs Mercedes A-class (2013) CAR review | Road Testing Reviews | Car Magazine Online

"But it’s not all out with the old and in with the new, as the modularity means some Golfs have torsion beam rear suspension not seen since the Mk4. So buyers beware: more powerful engines come with multi-link, but any car with 120bhp or less has a solid beam at the back."

No mention that the A3 is the same.

Any chance UK cars are different? (clutching at straws)

Audi A3 vs VW Golf – Side by Side Comparison | carwow.co.uk

I would very much doubt it as it seems to be purely related to engine output. The only way to be sure would be a telephone call or email to Audi UK asking the question. You would have thought that in a 95 page Pricing and Specification Guide it might mention something about the Specification of the suspension but as far as I can see there is nothing at all. Personally I would not rely on most dealers to now the answer either.