Volks AutosMonster Motorsport
    Neutral

Status

How much can I expect for repair?

Hi all,
    was in an unfamiliar and tight driveway earlier trying to get out. Unknowingly there are some rocks around the flowerbeds that are hard to see and I lightly bumped into one. Made a dent in the bumper. With some scratches in the paintwork. Light scraps. There are also dirt specs in the photo so doesn't look as bad as it may.
    Has anyone had similar? I am hoping it can be simply hammered out. I.e it's the sort of thing that if I was strong enough could just push back out with my thumb (plus paintwork).
    Is £150 a good estimate total at the dealer?
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. # ADS
    ADS

Neutral

Status
    I had an almost invisible scratch caused by a screwhead on the bumper of my Audi A1. Total cost of Repair - £600 (this is not replacement, but repair) that is with audi. Your picture is significantly worse....you will be lucky to get the paint costs covered by the £150 through audi.

1st Gear

Status
    I recon you'll need a new bumper for that, can't see that it will pop out to be honest :/
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

Reverse Gear

Status
    if its plastic - try heating it with a hairdryer and then push from the back when its really hot doesn't get rid of the scratches but will usually pop back in to shape when its hot enough

Full LED baby !

Status
    I've seen a lot worse pop out ! Many Audi and Volkswagen dealers have a guy that can do it for like 50£ if you don't want to do it by yourself
    A3 3-door TDI 184 Quattro Stronic Brilliant Red : Sline kit - Auxiliary heating - LED headlights - 18" 10-spoke rims - audi connect - magnetic ride - driver assistance package - side assist - rear camera + park assist - alcantara/leather seats - auto dimming mirror - panoramic glass sunroof - towing equipment - electric lumbar support - heated front seats - hold assist - high beam assist - advanced key - B&O sound system etc
    Tuning box DTUK, 235hp/480Nm
    1/4 Mile 13.84 @ 95.2 MPH
    Porsche BBK...

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Y26 AUG View Post
    if its plastic - try heating it with a hairdryer and then push from the back when its really hot doesn't get rid of the scratches but will usually pop back in to shape when its hot enough
    This is how we've just had a similar dent removed from a plastic bumper on another car, seems to be a common method. I reckon a couple of hundred to sort it, provided they don't need to do any major re-spraying and it just pops out.
    2013 8V Glacier White A3 Sportback 1.4 TFSI S-line Mnaual
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    Well the hair dryer idea is good. But you can't get around the other side to push it out.

And really? New whole bumper?!

5th Gear

Status
    Surely with the bumper off they can access it to use the hot air method?
    SE Suspension, Tech Pack, B&O, Comfort Pack, Electric folding mirrors, Park Assist, TPMS, Interior Light Pack

Neutral

Status
    No I mean to try it myself.

5th Gear

Status
    Ah I see. Well if you can get the car on a lift you could give it a go yourself, but I would be inclined to let a bodyshop take a look at it first, might be an easy fix with the right skills and tools.

Reverse Gear

Status
    image.jpg

If you can make it out from the bad picture mine was a lot worse than yours after hitting a small wall and I took it a local body shop expecting a new bumper but he said it was fixable and did it for £400 which also included a new side light and other few parts so it's hopefully your looking at a lot less for you case I hope

Neutral

Status
    That was not with a dealer I'd assume?

Banned

Status
    Pm sent

Neutral

Status
    Hmmm apparently a whole new bumper is needed?! As stated by mon motors. Do I shop around?

Neutral

Status
    Just received my first quote from Mon Motors in Bristol: WOW

Repair and Paint Front Bumper unit
    £559.67 all in

Replace Front Bumper unit
    £791.65 all in

Way way more then what I though. I though 550 for new bumper and about 250 tops for repair...

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Just had a car park dint pulled out, front door painted, and blended with rear door for £300. Great job, and you can't tell at all its been painted, just been going over it with a sun gun
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Did you go to an official Audi/Mon Motor dealer body shop?

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brad9753 View Post
    Did you go to an official Audi/Mon Motor dealer body shop?
    No they wanted £850 to repair, or £1,400 to fit a new door! Mental.
    S3 8V Sportback Stronic, Estoril Blue Crystal Effect, Black Interior, Adaptive Cruise with Stop & Go & Pre Sense, Super Sports Seats with Electric Lumber, LED Headlights, Interior Lighting Pack, Hill Hold Assist, Privacy Glass, Comfort Package, Technology Package with Audi Connect, Advance Key, Folding Door Mirrors, Extended Mono.Pur Interior, Front and Rear Parking Sensors, Audi Sound System.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    Oh ok, there is hope that it may cost less after all then... Was yours of similar size to mine?

6th Gear

Status
    Definitely get another opinion or 3, don't accept the first one you get! Let the others know that you have already got a quote but it was too much, might encourage them to give you a cheaper one.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

Neutral

Status
    Yea, I wont go for the first, certainly not after what Silky just said, I was expecting to save 100 or so going somewhere else, but the difference in his quotes, as he said, is 'mental'.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Silky-S3 View Post
    No they wanted £850 to repair, or £1,400 to fit a new door! Mental.
    But you will get a good job that you will not see. Mike Lee the manager and team in Bristol are brilliant

1st Gear

Status
    Some expensive costs coming back, very pricey, not sayng not the right prices, but as you say, wow.

I have in the past used a local dent repair man to sort the dent I had on the rear wheel arch and he also fixed another door dent. Cost about £50 for the two, but they did just need pushing out, although the skill in doing it was certainly worth watching, not something I would have managed.

Id try a dent repair expert and / or a good detailer. Id be surprsed if that couldnt be pulled out and polished over to remove the worst, as its the bottom of the bumper that part will be hit with stone chips and have the hardest life, seems a bumper replacement and full respray could be an expensive and possibly in time worthless option with inevitable stone chips
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    But you will get a good job that you will not see. Mike Lee the manager and team in Bristol are brilliant
    I've got that for £300.

Build Thread Here!

Neutral

Status
    I couldn't believe it to be honest. Was not expecting that. I will probably just have it pushed out/repaired and use a touch up paint stick myself to go over the scratches in the paint. Seeing as its right at the bottom on the bumper, it wouldn't be noticed. They wanted £230 for the paint job and its labour alone!

Is loving his new 8V S3!

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by brad9753 View Post
    Oh ok, there is hope that it may cost less after all then... Was yours of similar size to mine?
    Lot smaller but it was on the door crease line.

Build Thread Here!