Sky InsuranceEM Tuning
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By c.grex
  • 1 Post By scathro91

Thread: Amalfi White & Amalfi White side by side

Neutral

Status

Amalfi White & Amalfi White side by side

I was parked up the other day, an A1 parked along side, both cars Amalfi White.
    The A1 looked cream compared to my A3's white tone.
    I wondered if there was a tone difference as this seemed a similar experience to what I saw at the Audi show room, ie the A1 looking very creamy.
    A couple of minutes later the tables where turned mine was the creamy one and the A1 looked brilliant white. The clouds had moved.
    It is amazing how much Amalfi White changes in the varying light of day. I think also the brain is tricked into interpreting white!

When waiting delivery of the car I had my concerns that I had made the wrong choice of basic solid colour.
    I now love Amalfi White.
    The lines of the car are well emphasized in the shadows this colour allows, plus body mouldings trims and lights contrast well.

Fluges
    Amalfi White 1.6 TDI Sport A3 Sportback manual Black Alcantara mono.pur comfort pack cruise control parking system plus with park assist sport suspension hold assist reverse camera sd sat nav ACEFHCPX

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Flugel Hound View Post
    I was parked up the other day, an A1 parked along side, both cars Amalfi White.
    The A1 looked cream compared to my A3's white tone.
    I wondered if there was a tone difference as this seemed a similar experience to what I saw at the Audi show room, ie the A1 looking very creamy.
    A couple of minutes later the tables where turned mine was the creamy one and the A1 looked brilliant white. The clouds had moved.
    It is amazing how much Amalfi White changes in the varying light of day. I think also the brain is tricked into interpreting white!

When waiting delivery of the car I had my concerns that I had made the wrong choice of basic solid colour.
    I now love Amalfi White.
    The lines of the car are well emphasized in the shadows this colour allows, plus body mouldings trims and lights contrast well.

Fluges
    Very weird colour Amalfi! Im glad you have posted something like this as I have the only Amalfi S3 I can find at the moment (on order)

I've been and looked at all the colours and really wanted a white, but wasn't that impressed with Glacier over a standard ibis white (na on A3) but thought Amalfi offered something different, glad you like it. can't wait to get ours!
    Pulp84 likes this.
    2014 S3 Sportback 2.0 S tronic - Amalfi White, Alcantara, Alu roof rails, Audi sound, Comfort, Cruise, Folding mirrors, Hold assist, 3yr Service, LED Light Package, SD Sat Nav, Reversible Boot Mat.

5th Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by c.grex View Post
    Very weird colour Amalfi! Im glad you have posted something like this as I have the only Amalfi S3 I can find at the moment (on order)

I've been and looked at all the colours and really wanted a white, but wasn't that impressed with Glacier over a standard ibis white (na on A3) but thought Amalfi offered something different, glad you like it. can't wait to get ours!
    I really wanted Ibis white for my A3 as thought glacier was too bright and did not like how Amalfi does look very cream in certain lights, I am sure you will be happy with your choices....btw I am very happy with my Daytona
    A3 Sportback 2.0TDI S-line, - Daytona Grey, comfort pack, interior light pack , aluminium roof rails, Audi speakers, folding door mirrors, hill hold, sport suspension, no smoking pack.

5th Gear

Status
    On the story of whites, off topic I know.......but my friend has just bought a Renault Clio sport in a pearlescent white and it looks stunning in the sun. Would be a great colour for the s3 8v.

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

1st Gear

Status
    Must admit my A3 looks whiter than the A1 did.
    Must be the angles and lines that do it, very nice colour though.

Neutral

Status
    I have just received my A3 S-Line in Amalfi White. If I'm honest I was so worried about the colour after so many people saying its creamy.....I was desperate for Glacier but just couldn't afford the extra!! After seeing the car for the first time I'm completely in love with it....its different not many about and you should see the amount of stares the car is getting!! If you order Amalfi you will not be disappointed because I certainly wasn't!!!!
    Flugel Hound likes this.

Neutral

Status
    I ordered Glacier, hope it's not to bad

Neutral

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by Pieterw View Post
    I ordered Glacier, hope it's not to bad
    Glacier is amazing ! I just posted that for people worried about the Amalfi!!

Neutral

Status
    Tx