Like Tree7Likes
  • 5 Post By pat15312
  • 1 Post By snakehips
  • 1 Post By JohnnyM100

Thread: new a3 sline uncomfortable still after 6k

Neutral

Status

Lightbulb new a3 sline uncomfortable still after 6k

ive had my new a3 now for over 4 months now and have put over 6 k on the clock, I'm still finding the car very uncomfortable to
    drive, it is a sline but i can't seem to get a position where my wrists don't hurt on the steering wheel . my wrist seems to really ache after a little while, theres less elbow room on the door card than my previous a3. keep adjusting seat and steering wheel but to
    no joy, anyone else have same problem, especially ache in the wrist/arm?
    cheers

2. # ADS
    ADS

1st Gear

Status
    You can always try building up some strength in your wrists? There is a fantastic male pastime which can help you with that

Golf of course!
    Audi 8V S3 s-tronic
    Phantom Black | Black styling pack | Titanium 18" alloy wheels | LED headlights
    Super sports seats | mono.pur
    | Bang & Olufsen | Advance key | Interior LEDs
    Technology pack | Audi Connect | Parking System Plus | Reversing Camera
    ACC | Hold assist | Pre-sense | Headlight assist | Privacy glass | TPMS
    LTE data by EE | Paint protection by Gtechniq | more to come...

1st Gear

Status
    I'll be honest it's not very often I have my arms on the door card. I find it very comfy to drive overall.

1st Gear

Status
    I don't have any issue with this, pity you can't get the best driving position for you, but I don't spend too much time on straight roads, but when I do I find the car very comfortable

A3, 2.0 TDI, S-Line, 6 speed manual, Scuba Blue, S-Line suspension, heated/folding mirrors, privacy glass, fine nappa leather, heated seats, light/rain sensor pack, flat tyre indicator, Purchased and supplied by Aberdeen Audi

5th Gear

Status
    See ...........being 5ft 8 and a shortarse has its benefits! I find it very comfortable ........ And as for the s line suspension I've got it and compared to my m3 I tell you it's like driving an a8 exec spec , lovely jubbly!

Sean
    Current: 2013 Audi A3 2.0 tdi s line 8V in black SD nav+ extras, E46 BMW M3, 1971 Volvo p1800, 2014 Ford transit sport 155ps ;-)

Previous : Focus st 225 stage 1 (265 bhp and too much torque), 2002 audi s3 bam engine completely OEM, 2001 Audi a3 1.8 TQS 221bhp and about 20 other cars, majority civics ek4/ek9 and Bmw / Audi soot chucker's!

3rd Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by s33nyboy12 View Post
    See ...........being 5ft 8 and a shortarse has its benefits! I find it very comfortable ........ And as for the s line suspension I've got it and compared to my m3 I tell you it's like driving an a8 exec spec , lovely jubbly!

Sean
    Probably only comfortable because of the cushion you're sitting on to see over the steering wheel.
    Anarch likes this.
    A3 SB S-Line TDi 184PS Quattro S-tronic. Shiraz Red, Tech Pack, Comfort Pack, B&O, Sunroof, LED lights, lots of other stuff.

Neutral

Status
    My discomfort seems to be getting worse .. Aching wrists and shoulder discomfort in right arm .. Anybody got a solution for a good posture position in new a3 sline with sports steering wheel .. The wheel just seems too small ?

Neutral

Status
    I also have aching right wrist and shoulder. Im prone to it due to too much mouse activity and climbing at indoor walls. But the new A3 has set it off again. I found relief by setting the Steering to Wendy mode (Comfort) Makes the steering light. Im lanky type with very long arms, my previous VW Passat was fine. I have my seat low steering height central and pushed deep into the console.

Shoulder exercises that may help are.
    Rotator Cuff
    Resistance Band Exercises : Rotator Cuff Exercise with Resistance Bands - YouTube

Hope it mends, I appreciate its a real pain
    Amalfi White 1.6 TDI Sport A3 Sportback manual Black Alcantara mono.pur comfort pack cruise control parking system plus with park assist sport suspension hold assist reverse camera sd sat nav ACEFHCPX

2nd Gear

Status
    No wrist issues but it took me ages to get my seating position sorted. There are huge number of permutations and over time have become more impressed with the number of things I can change.

Newer cars have higher windows for safety reasons so the old idea of an elbow on the top of the door card is extremely difficult to do.

The two adjustments I discovered last and which allowed me to perfect it were the angle of the seat base (ratchet handle front right of seat) to drop the rear of the seat base (to make it more like a bucket seat) and then adjust the steering wheel for reach as well as rake. The nice feature when adjusting reach is that all stalks and flappy paddles move with the wheel so are still easy to use

If you have manual, do you ever rest your hand on the gear lever? Vibration will cause it to ache on anything but a short journey.

John.
    mozza1202 likes this.
    Enjoying my 8V

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyM100 View Post
    The two adjustments I discovered last and which allowed me to perfect it were the angle of the seat base (ratchet handle front right of seat) to drop the rear of the seat base (to make it more like a bucket seat)
    Interesting...I've suffered from back / neck problems in the past and was told by an osteopath that you should set the base of your car seat as flat as possible to help with such things...
    A3 8V 1.8T 6 speed 3 door S line - Daytona Grey. Interior lighting pack, privacy glass, comfort pack, electric folding heated dimming door mirrors, tyre pressure monitor, electric lumbar support, cruise control, acoustic parking system rear, B&O sound system.

1st Gear

Status
    I sat in my A3 adjusted the seat and wheel and not touched it since.
    Seat as low as it can go, wheel lowered until you can just see the button to reset the trip and wheel pulled out an inch.

Very pleased I was playing with my A1 driving position for 2 years, thats right up to the day I sold it.....