SD card speed rating

twig

Reaction score
I take delivery Jan 3rd and would like to know what speed card I need for the second slot audio.
I hope to rip all my old cd collection onto one 16gb card but if there is no reason to buy an ultra fast card will look for a cheaper one like the Sandisk Ultra at 30mb/sec.
Any thoughts?

I take delivery Jan 3rd and would like to know what speed card I need for the second slot audio.
I hope to rip all my old cd collection onto one 16gb card but if there is no reason to buy an ultra fast card will look for a cheaper one like the Sandisk Ultra at 30mb/sec.
Any thoughts?

No need for a high speed card, you are only moving low bit rates from audio files, not HD video.....cheap Sandisk or equivalent cards on eBay do the job

No need for a high speed card, you are only moving low bit rates from audio files, not HD video.....cheap Sandisk or equivalent cards on eBay do the job

Thanks. Thought that was the case.

Am I right in thinking the MMI indexes the files on the card? If so, would this process benefit from higher speed cards? Also, does it only do it the first time it sees a card, or every time you turn it on? What about if I've got 1000 songs on the card, then take it out and add another 2... what would it do then?