Badger5Volks Autos
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Cumbrian_bob

Thread: Getting the Tech Pack discounted/free?

1st Gear

Status

Getting the Tech Pack discounted/free?

From searching this forum and reading earlier threads, I understand that the technology pack was once offered for free. Has anyone managed to negotiate this even though the offer is no longer running (or at least lower the cost of the tech pack)?

I really want the larger, higher resolution screen - but £1,495 is a lot just for that!

2. # ADS
    ADS

2nd Gear

Status
    I do know at first the tech pack was 1k

1st Gear

Status

My Social Networking

Follow StefRobinson On Twitter
    I'm not aware that the Tech pack has ever been offered for free. The standard SD Satnav was offered as a free option when the car first launched. I got that free on mine but not the full Tech pack.

There are some better discounts available for ordering now it seems, now that the car has been out for a good few months. When Audi first started accepting orders before the car was actually released, a free Satnav upgrade was all that was really being offered, for me anyway.
    Audi A3 Sportback 8V 1.6 TDI S-Line S-Tronic. Daytona Grey, Comfort Pack, Electric Heated/Folding Mirrors, Hold Assist, Interior Light Pack, SD Satellite Navigation, DAB Radio, Bang & Olufsen Sound System, Autoglym Lifeshine

Banned

Status
    Had ordered SD Nav. Told dealer I really wanted Tech Pack so he increased discount by another 2% . Result !

1st Gear

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by PilotAudi View Post
    Had ordered SD Nav. Told dealer I really wanted Tech Pack so he increased discount by another 2% . Result !
    Keep adding options till you get to 100% discount
    PilotAudi likes this.
    Last Car A5 Coupe 1.8 Sport,
    Current car 3 Door A1 1.4 (185) S line - Misano Red with contrast line, arm rest, 18" sline alloys, Xenon, Climate, tyre pressure monitor
    Next Car 3 Door S3 Stronic - Estoril Blue, Comfort Pack, LED Headlights, mono.pur, heated folding mirrors, AHH, B&O, parking plus, lighting pack, tyre pressure monitor

6th Gear

Status
    Tech pack brings a lot more than just the screen size increase, including some element of extra resale value as well I expect.
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

3rd Gear

Status
    Got mine free in the deal.

Banned

Status
    Quote Originally Posted by cemerson View Post
    Tech pack brings a lot more than just the screen size increase, including some element of extra resale value as well I expect.
    I was told the opposite. Tech pack vs SD Nav will make little difference in 3 years time.. I wasn't convinced!

6th Gear

Status
    Bigger screen I think will provide a bit of extra value compared to the standard one, maybe not the other stuff like the touchpad (though I find that more useful than I thought I would), HDD Jukebox, improved nav software (not sure what is improved about it but it says that!), traffic sign recognition (since I have lane assist too) etc
    Sport 2.0 TDI 150 Sportback in Scuba Blue, alcantara/leather, advanced key, audi sound system, comfort pack w/ ACC and park assist, deselect sports suspension, auto-dimming & folding door mirrors, electric lumbar support, heated seats, hold assist, non-smoking pack, side & lane assist, reversing camera, storage & luggage pack, tech pack with audi connect, tyre pressure warning, towbar, variable headlight range control, xenon light pack

6th Gear

Status
    Oh, and if you like to keep your sat nav up to date, they offer 5 free map updates (worth over £200 each if done at the dealers) with the tech pack.

4th Gear

Status
    I got mine for £280, as it was built and in stock so some options retrofitted but I wasn't bothered about the Tech Pack that was installed and they seem desperate to move stock, so don't always look to order.
    Steeve